Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

Fantasmicguy2

I personally find most raft rides to be rather weak with the exception of Disney’s and Universal’s. I just happen to prefer Grizzly River Run to Kali.

I enjoy Bilge-Rat Barges, but it is so drenching that I’ve only ridden it 2 or 3 times in my life.
Same. Most of them are just "it is what it is" for me. That said I think Kali is just too abrupt and short in comparison to the other ones.

Also it feels nowhere near even with wetness. Most of them everyone gets off at about the same level. While Kali will absolutely drench two people, six people will be a bit wet, and the rest will be basically dry

ToTBellHop

Same. Most of them are just "it is what it is" for me. That said I think Kali is just too abrupt and short in comparison to the other ones.

Also it feels nowhere near even with wetness. Most of them everyone gets off at about the same level. While Kali will absolutely drench two people, six people will be a bit wet, and the rest will be basically dry
Every time I’ve ridden in recent years, some water features have been broken or shut off (on purpose?). And I swear the wave on the drop used to be bigger but that could be my mind playing tricks on me.

Sneakman

“Back in my day Mickey hats and gloves used to be shoved into park icons, and bears used to sing about beating children”
Man imagine telling our future children about the Disney parks fandom, and how crazy we will all sound? I can picture it now…..
“…and then everyone pretends they always liked maelstrom! But that’s nothing compared to the time where we all got genuinely angry at eatchother over a rabbit themed log flume!”

Attachments

• IMG_2695.jpeg
    IMG_2695.jpeg
    112.4 KB · Views: 11

Coaster Lover

In the Parks
No
I personally find most raft rides to be rather weak with the exception of Disney’s and Universal’s. I just happen to prefer Grizzly River Run to Kali.

I enjoy Bilge-Rat Barges, but it is so drenching that I’ve only ridden it 2 or 3 times in my life.
I'm of the mindset that a river rapids ride should always get you 100% soaked... it should lure you into a false sense of security by starting with several features that only get a limited number of people wet, but ultimately end in a gauntlet of water features that get EVERYONE wet... if I get off a river rapids ride and I can find a dry spot on my clothes, I am disappointed. Kali has disappointed me many times... Popeye's has never disappointed...

ToTBellHop

I'm of the mindset that a river rapids ride should always get you 100% soaked... it should lure you into a false sense of security by starting with several features that only get a limited number of people wet, but ultimately end in a gauntlet of water features that get EVERYONE wet... if I get off a river rapids ride and I can find a dry spot on my clothes, I am disappointed. Kali has disappointed me many times... Popeye's has never disappointed...
I just don’t like having wet underwear, but I know that’s a me issue.

In any event, I don’t believe The Lion King will be a soaker.

seabreezept813

Kali has beautiful theming/views, gets you soaked, and has a well-themed queue. It may be too short, but it's longer, more soaking, and more themed than most others with that ride system
I love the audio for the queue for some reason. The river raft expedition lines.. it’s one of those things that immediately recreates the place for you

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom