Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

ohioguy

Ok, lets stir they pot...
So we are pretty locked in on rumors that this will be a flume...
I wonder if we talk it enough, we could move off of LK(yes I know they desperately need a LK ride), and go for Jungle Book instead? How cool would it be going through the jungle on a boat shaped like Baloo singing Bear Necessities??? I mean it writes itself!!

🫣
Which begs the question: how in the world, after 26 years, does Animal Kingdom NOT have a Jungle Book ride?

doctornick

90% for Paris, as we're expecting this to be the main DLP announcement at D23. I'm thinking 10% for AK, as they'll be looking at Tropical Americas first, then maybe an update on Zootopia in Tree of Life

That's the thing. They will very likely announce it for Paris, so the question is really if this gets piggiebacked onto that or would they prefer not to steal any thunder for Paris.

It's conceivable that if they are serious about this, they might not announce it this D23 but could start work on it anyway and then use a Destination D23 or the like to announce it instead in a year or two.

Realistically, DAK needs the capacity boost ASAP so I am probably being naïve in hoping that they start the process to add this sooner rather than later.

Gusey

That's the thing. They will very likely announce it for Paris, so the question is really if this gets piggiebacked onto that or would they prefer not to steal any thunder for Paris.

It's conceivable that if they are serious about this, they might not announce it this D23 but could start work on it anyway and then use a Destination D23 or the like to announce it instead in a year or two.

Realistically, DAK needs the capacity boost ASAP so I am probably being naïve in hoping that they start the process to add this sooner rather than later.
That's why I'm quote skeptical of it coming to AK. From what insiders are saying on here, especially as it has the same code name as Paris' (Sunshine) Lion King land. They can't just announce it for Paris and make it seem like its DLP exclusive if they're planning to add it to AK without backlash, but they're also not read to announce it for AK if they're focusing on Tropical Americas

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I wouldn't be surprised if they say something like "An all new attraction based on the Walt Disney Animation Studios (because of course they need to be super specific and say the full name of the studio instead of just saying simply 'Disney') classic 'The Lion King' is coming to Disney Adventure World (terrible name for a park BTW) and Disney's Animal Kingdom in..." Or they just don't mention anything.

Gusey

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Galaxy's Edge AND Toy Story Land announced for DHS at the same D23 (2015)?
True. I just have a feeling that this year, there's going to be one signif icant announcement for each park worldwide and a few small announcements to fill up the panel (like Disneyland's 70th entertainment, Hong Kong Disneyland's 20th Parade, etc.)

ToTBellHop

Correct me if I'm wrong, but weren't Galaxy's Edge AND Toy Story Land announced for DHS at the same D23 (2015)?
BBT would likely need to be announced with more than one component given previous statements. They could announce "new adventures from the world of Moana and Coco" and show some artwork without mentioning that they won't both technically be located "beyond" Big Thunder.

No one will be impressed if the "big reveal" is one ride. "Biggest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history"?

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
BBT would likely need to be announced with more than one component given previous statements. They could announce "new adventures from the world of Moana and Coco" and show some artwork without mentioning that they won't both technically be located "beyond" Big Thunder.

No one will be impressed if the "big reveal" is one ride. "Biggest expansion in Magic Kingdom Park history"?
Yeah, but what if it were a spinner 100 yards across?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom