Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

mysto

I don't think TBA is bad. I think it has a bad story. And I don't trust this crop of Imagineers to come up with a good story. You are either a good storyteller or you're not. I'm sure the Simba AAs with be the floofiest, most gorgeous cats we've ever seen, though.
I've noticed a trend in Hollywood and elsewhere of important people repeating "We're good storytellers" or "we're looking to hire good storytellers".

It's concerning because like most trendy things were going to wind up with a bunch of people making claims. A bunch of people so focused on their reputation as a storyteller that they ignore the art of storytelling.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
what do you mean.gif

andre85

I honestly would like to see Disney take a second crack at a rapids ride, maybe make one more in vein of splash mountain animatronic and scenery wise, but still with the fun experience of a river rapids?

They did if you count Grizzly River Run at DCA, or the very similar one at Shanghai (but with animatronics). I agree that WDW should definitely take a 2nd stab at it though, especially considering Popeye's at Universal's is pretty great

Sneakman

They did if you count Grizzly River Run at DCA, or the very similar one at Shanghai (but with animatronics). I agree that WDW should definitely take a 2nd stab at it though, especially considering Popeye's at Universal's is pretty great
agreed, especially with the comparison to popeye. IMHO, one of the things beyond big Thunder should be a river rapids ride based on the WRE, with you some of the scenes from the original concept as you drift down the river (the town, the shootout, the train robbery, forest fire and bandits as the big finalie before the drop)

Starship824

In the Parks
No
I am down for a Lion King Ride. Anything would be better than Kali River Rapids.
Please, please don't tell me your suggesting replacing Kali with the Lion King. Please no more replacements. WDW, especially Animal Kingdom needs capacity, NOT a replacement. It's already replacing Dinoland, it can't afford to also close Kali.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom