Rumor Lion King Flume Ride being considered for Animal Kingdom

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
We can always make DAK one giant omnimover ride (with each RV looking like a mini safari jeep) and all the animals are AAs doing their usual animal things.

There. Done.

Advisable Joseph

I'm starting to think that if Disney got theme park rights to Ranger Rick Magazine, you guys would be upset with it heading to DAK because of Boomer Badger:

1000003463.jpg

DisneyHead123

We can always make DAK one giant omnimover ride (with each RV looking like a mini safari jeep) and all the animals are AAs doing their usual animal things.

There. Done.
Plot twist… the animals sell you $8 cupcakes and exclusive Loungefly backpacks while talking about how great DVC is. 😂 Sorry, sorry, couldn’t help myself. Back to pixie dusting.

James Alucobond

If the Lion King, an IP thats animal themed, doesnt fit in a theme park centered around animals, then how does Avatar, an IP centered around a fictional world, fit.
Please tell us who said the IP doesn’t fit in the park. The reason this discussion persists way beyond its sell-by date is apparently because no one has basic reading comprehension skills.

Dead2009

Horror Movie Guru
Please tell us who said the IP doesn’t fit in the park. The reason this discussion persists way beyond its sell-by date is apparently because no one has basic reading comprehension skills.

I dunno, there was an argument over what fits in Animal Kingdom between Lion King, Jungle Book and Indiana Jones. Maybe you should go back and re-read some of the earlier posts debating it instead of getting upset over it.

James Alucobond

I dunno, there was an argument over what fits in Animal Kingdom between Lion King, Jungle Book and Indiana Jones. Maybe you should go back and re-read some of the earlier posts debating it instead of getting upset over it.
What was said was that, if a new Lion King attraction is built, some would prefer it not be a book report ride but rather something that better exemplifies the park's themes. That could still be a Lion King attraction, just in a different format. No one is complaining that multiple instances of The Lion King already exist in the park, for instance.

DisneyHead123

What was said was that, if a new Lion King attraction is built, some would prefer it not be a book report ride but rather something that better exemplifies the park's themes. That could still be a Lion King attraction, just in a different format. No one is complaining that multiple instances of The Lion King already exist in the park, for instance.
Or, alternately, some of us are not opposed to a re-writing of the park's themes, if well done. To say that cute singing cartoon lions are a natural fit for the current theme - which was explicitly described as gritty realism in the early days, in order to highlight the need for conservation - is just a logical bridge too far in terms of logical continuity.

It gets a little "The Animal Kingdom has always been at war with Eastasia" lol. "The Animal Kingdom has always been about kawaii" is simply incorrect, even for those of us who do indeed love that style (and I do!)

DisneyHead123

Chester and Hester’s is still a thing and has been a thing for a dang long time. That is everything BUT gritty or realism. Other than maybe the Fortnite dance of the same name
Chester and Hester’s is supposed to be a realistic roadside attraction type place, if I understand correctly. As opposed to something out of, say, Fantasyland. But very much based in reality, not an animated or idealized world.

UNCgolf

Chester and Hester’s is still a thing and has been a thing for a dang long time. That is everything BUT gritty or realism. Other than maybe the Fortnite dance of the same name

Chester and Hester's actually was quite gritty/realistic -- while it was never a great fit for the park, it absolutely nailed the theme of an American roadside tourist trap.

CoasterCowboy67

Chester and Hester’s is supposed to be a realistic roadside attraction type place, if I understand correctly. As opposed to something out of, say, Fantasyland. But very much based in reality, not an animated or idealized world.
Even if you buy that excuse for what is ultimately a jarring visual misfit for the park, it doesn’t explain the lack of any meaningful theme or message or education or connection to animals from a content perspective

Camp Minnie Mickey and the character meet ups weren’t gritty realism. Festival of the Lion King itself has animatronic cartoon animals being presented to us as actual animals - they’re not masks. The park has ever adhered to this gritty realism requirement from the day it opened. It’s always had cartoon animals

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom