Lines at the FP+ entrances

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
So much for resort guests having any FP+ related perks. Yeah I know, resort guests can pre book FP+ 60 days out, but when you consider how many people (on-site guests) change their FP+ on day of or on the fly (i hate that phrase) then those people have the same availability that off-site guests have at the kiosk since it is "day of". Im not saying off-site guests should suffer. Its just another reason proving legacy FP was fair for EVERYONE

Im not sure if there were ever meant to be any FP+ perks for resort guests anyway, just pointing it out I guess

Last edited:

stevehousse

How can offsite guests make advance Fastpass+ reservations? I have tickets linked to My Disney Experience, but it won't let me.
I believe there is a certain window for this to open up. When u go to the make plans page, there should be a FP+ area, and at the bottom it usually tells u when u can start making selections and gives a date...

Disneyfamily4

Maybe offsite guests going doesn't start until march/April???

I know a few people who have done it. There's a thread in this forum somewhere, where several people expressed how happy they were to be able to do it.

I think I remember reading though people who bought their tickets from undercover tourist wouldnt allow it, but for the people who bought them straight from the Disney website were able to.

Disneyfamily4

A Couple weeks ago I was mad. Since I am in a resort one week and off site the next, the Disney experience site would just allow me to reserve 7 out of the 10 days tickets, limiting me to just the days I was in the resort.

It seemed petty, to not allow someone their 3 extra days, because they were leaving the resort. However, I was emailed a few weeks later, saying I still have days left to reserve my fast passes, when before on the site, those extra 3 days said tickets are not eligible.

Displanner123

I know a few people who have done it. There's a thread in this forum somewhere, where several people expressed how happy they were to be able to do it.

I think I remember reading though people who bought their tickets from undercover tourist wouldnt allow it, but for the people who bought them straight from the Disney website were able to.
Bought tickets through AAA, but linked with no trouble. So you think that's the reason I can't? I'll try to delete and relink, but they've been in there since last Monday, Feb. 3.

Nubs70

I think everyone here, who is in the corporate field, is familiar with what the "company line" is.

Nobody expected Disney to say anything other than the good old company line. They definitely were not going to say that they want to take as much money out of your pockets as they possibly can. And lets face it, we do know that is what they want.

In the end people will believe what they want to believe, but anyone in business will tell you that in the boardroom, when 1.5 billion is discussed to be spent, the first questioned asked after that is "how are we going to get it back quickly".

If you look at everything 1-4 of what Iger said, All of that is the cross your fingers, hope, and assume approach. None of those comments are guaranteed to pay them back and no company would spend 1.5 billion on hopes and dreams. That is why I think we have not hit the ceiling yet of what the new Disney system will be.

As for number 4. What incentives are in place to make people leave off site and pay triple to stay onsite.
Reasonable payback will require MM+ to increase guest spending by roughly $50/person/day or $1200 on a 6 night trip for a family of 4.

Disneyfamily4

Reasonable payback will require MM+ to increase guest spending by roughly $50/person/day or $1200 on a 6 night trip for a family of 4.

That's if Disney can keep people in the parks long enough.

Right now, fast pass lines are reported to be very long. If they are this long or longer during peak season, in the 90 degree march and April, people will leave early and take longer breaks in the resorts. The last thing Disney should want is, for people to get a fast pass, and then have to wait in line. Before the FP+, people walk in and are done in minutes. To now change things over and have to wait in line, will make people miserable.

If Disney thinks that the psychology of having money on magic bands will make them a profit, then they should realize that the psychology of unhappy frustrated guests won't spend money.

Goofyernmost

That's if Disney can keep people in the parks long enough.

Right now, fast pass lines are reported to be very long. If they are this long or longer during peak season, in the 90 degree march and April, people will leave early and take longer breaks in the resorts. The last thing Disney should want is, for people to get a fast pass, and then have to wait in line. Before the FP+, people walk in and are done in minutes. To now change things over and have to wait in line, will make people miserable.

If Disney thinks that the psychology of having money on magic bands will make them a profit, then they should realize that the psychology of unhappy frustrated guests won't spend money.
Just returned last week. No long FP lines even at highly popular attractions like Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise and Soarin. Not sure where that rumor is coming from.

Goofyernmost

People said it on this thread here yesterday that yesterday 40 minutes for several rides.
Standby... perhaps! But unless something out of the ordinary was happening at the ride, that is not a believable number. Sorry... I go with what I witnessed and experienced, not what somebody else said.

stevehousse

Ya definitely have never seen that line of a wait for a FP ride ever except TT at Epcot! The FP usually has a good 20-30 minutes wait for TT but never did I ever had to wait more than a few minutes to use a FP standing outside the ride with the "backups" that have happened...most of the time te backup is for people enterin the line too early or not having that ride on their band

Last edited:

Goofyernmost

Regardless, fast pass needs to remain a constant walk through and go right on the ride. Anything other than how it was before the new system was in place, will annoy people a a lot.
In all fairness, FP was never set up to make things a walk on. It was to have priority placement. That meant that the wait should be substantially less then stand-by, but, never was a walk on set up. Also, when I used it for the rides I mentioned, Peter Pan, Jungle Cruise, Haunted Mansion and Soarin, FP was a walk on and that was just two weeks ago.

Mr Bill

I would agree when people see rides like potc and mansion at less than 20mins.... But 45min on the lowest time of year... That's not excess capacity... That's blood from a stone :)

I didn't word any of that post as well as I should have. The excess capacity isn't there but the excess supply of Fastpass has been. Under the old system, while some attractions had their return times go farther and farther out into the day as the day wore on, Mermaid and Buzz among others typically just advanced their FP return time by 5 minutes every 5 minutes because the number of Fastpasses being distributed for the window didn't exceed the number available.

An average day theoretically requires 141,000 Fastpasses to be available for everyone to have three per day (47k*3). Estimate about 2,000 guests per hour and a 12 hour operating day, then devote let's say 70% of the capacity to Fastpass and a single ride can accommodate 16,800 people using Fastpass in a day.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom