Lines at the FP+ entrances

Disneyfamily4

I'm glad that you have more imagination then I do, because I don't believe that is what I said at all. I said that the Orlando and the Kissimmee that HE moved into 20 years ago only existed because of Disney's presence. Why, pray tell should I care if he love or hates Disney. I don't even know him. And in a real sense the people of Orlando and Kissimmee should acknowledge that they would not be looking or living how they are currently living if it hadn't existed. That's all... Why doesn't he move away if it is that godawful.

And if you tell him that about running his fortune 500 company in Charlotte (or you name a city) you would be correct. He would never had been able to have the resources he needed to operate a business like that in that area if the area hadn't developed and provided the service industries to support it. In this case the chicken came first.

Oh, and just so you don't kick into advance paranoia, I also never said that it was good or bad, I just said that this is how it happened. Get a grip!

Ummmmmmm, I said my brother hates disney and you took the time to comment about how Disney saved the people of ORLANDO. So unless you feel we needed a history lesson, it seems the message of someone hating disney personally offended you.

Goofyernmost

Ummmmmmm, I said my brother hates disney and you took the time to comment about how Disney saved the people of ORLANDO. So unless you feel we needed a history lesson, it seems the message of someone hating disney personally offended you.
Get over it... and reread it, as I said no such thing. I said.. oh, to hell with it you frankly are not worth continued effort.

Disneyfamily4

Just curious, how was he able to book FP+ if he isn't staying onsite? Did he just link his ticket and it automatically let him? When at u guys going to the world? Just curious because this is the first I hve heard of this being able to actually happen...more details please!
Sorry did see your second question. We are going march 20th - April 5th.

Disneyfamily4

Get over it... and reread it, as I said no such thing. I said.. oh, to hell with it you frankly are not worth continued effort.
I reread it, And again when you heard my brother hated disney, as if that insulted you religion, prompted your foolish history lesson of the ORLANDO Kissimmee area. Praise be to ALA

Lol you even said I should call him to remind him of the sacrifices the almighty Walter made lol

Mr Bill

wild wait times today...

Soarin is only 45min!
yet Buzz is 45mins as well.. and JC is 40mins.. along with Space Mountain.. for a day touring plans was estimating as a 3 for MK... which is dame low

yet.. buzz wait times was forcasted to be peaked at 37.. and more like 30 most of the time.

Disney must be giving out FP+ like gangbusters on the onmimovers...
We look at the omnis like Buzz, Mansion and Mermaid and think it doesn't need FP+ because they're so high capacity, but from Disney's perspective that's exactly why they need it. They want everyone to have three Fastpasses per day and that supply has to come from somewhere, whether that's from Splash Mountain, Peter Pan's Flight, the Haunted Mansion or Philharmagic or Laugh Floor. I've seen reports where people who let MM+ auto-pick their Fastpasses tend to get Buzz and Mermaid. Sends people to where there's excess supply to help keep demand down everywhere else.

tirian

I had a CM tell me that more than half of the FP attractions in each park now take longer to go through the FP line than the stand by line.

CMs are supposed to tell FP+ guests not to use the FP+ queue if there's nobody in the Standby. Yet at POTC, HM, and Imagination, bewildered Guests frequently reach the merging point just to see they've wasted a FP. Once that band or ticket has been scanned at the entrance, the option is used.

Last edited:

71jason

They don't have to hold back, but, that is a lot of lost revenue in ticket prices alone. Do they want the number of guests to just be those that pay the high price and everyone else can go pound it? I suppose it sounds good in the short term, but, it is a fatal long term prospect.

Well, if you think of WDW as a hotel company, that merely operates theme parks as a loss leader, then yes, an increase in hotel rooms rented is more important than fewer turnstile clicks. More money short term--which is all TDO cares about. Will take at least a decade for the "Disney only worth it if you stay onsite" meme to reach the masses, guys behind this will be long gone by then.

71jason

Might want to remind him that if if wasn't for Disney being there for 40 years, all that area would be now is grasslands and swamps, just like it was 40 years ago. Orlando and Kissimmee are what they are now because of Disney. It might be quieter without them, but, it sure would be dull.

Debatable. Orlando still had an international airport and zero state income tax. Seminole County/Winter Park was bound to happen with or without the Mouse.

Kissimmee, however, would still be cow pastures. Whether 192 and crime-ridden subdivisions is an improvement over that is a debate for another day.

Goofyernmost

Well, if you think of WDW as a hotel company, that merely operates theme parks as a loss leader, then yes, an increase in hotel rooms rented is more important than fewer turnstile clicks. More money short term--which is all TDO cares about. Will take at least a decade for the "Disney only worth it if you stay onsite" meme to reach the masses, guys behind this will be long gone by then.
I doesn't matter, if what they are coming too is a hotel. But in reality, they are coming there for the parks, etc. Without them they have no draw. They can command the prices that they get now, because the parks are there, not in spite of them being there (although it is starting to get closer to that) If you want those thousands of offsite visitors to eventually stay onsite, you gotta make um happy or they don't come back at all. If you charge the onsite people what it takes to run that entire operation without the revenue from offsite, even they would say that they had reached their limit.

Tom Morrow

I will say it is a bit annoying when Orlando residents complain about the tourist stuff. Embrace it, don't act like you're better than it... it's not like Orlando has much else going for it, anyway.
I had a CM tell me that more than half of the FP attractions in each park now take longer to go through the FP line than the stand by line.
Not even remotely true, except maybe instances like Spaceship Earth where there's literally no line, and stopping to scan the card would take longer than just walking in. Otherwise, its the same as before, up to 80-90% of the ride's capacity can be and is devoted to the Fastpass line.

Tom Morrow

One complaint that needs to stop being posted is "who wants to plan what they want to ride 60 days out??" This is hyperbolic for several reasons:

1. You don't HAVE to schedule anything in advance. If you want, you can just wait until you get to the park to book your Fastpasses. The earlier you get there, the better chance you have of getting what you want (just like the old system!).
2. You are not locked in to your choices and can change anything as long as you haven't used it.
3. You really don't know what you're going to want to ride in advance? YES YOU DO! Hmm, you're going to Magic Kingdom? Let me guess, you're probably going to want to ride/book a Fastpass for Space Mountain, Big Thunder, and maybe Splash or Haunted Mansion or something. DOES THIS EVER CHANGE?? No! And again, if you change your mind you can change any selection you have not yet used.

Fastpass+ has a lot of issues and is far from perfect, but (OPTIONAL) advanced booking is perhaps the least "issue" worth complaining about.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I thought this was supposed to be a post about FP+ lines? Not a whole bunch of off topic arguing...

Please dont start that. No offense to you, but the people who cry to Mom when they want a thread locked will start next. The "Disney is stale" thread is a good example. The people in there that started whining to the mods are ridiculous. Who cares if they are arguing about complaining. DONT READ THE THREAD if it bothers you. Is that so hard? you just want to flex your ability to summon Mom or the other mods. Does it make you feel like you have some kind of special power? (the guy who put the puppy vid up tried to save it at least)

Im all for internet etiquette but you act as if you get some award for being the first to type "time to lock it up". Aside from taking up data storage, it does no harm for people to argue. Grow up, or take your football home with you so nobody else can play with it. To the mods, I understand why you guys do it. Please know that this rant is in no way directed towards your duty <-----(lol, i was gonna change that, but its funny) Sorry for the off topic rant, im right outside Atlanta and most everything is closed and stuck in house all day.

Disneyfamily4

yes, but to be fair - it has been available just in the last 10 or so days.

I know, but It's funny. When we booked are trip, Disney sent us this pamphlet of a bunch of stuff regarding the bands and FP+. My wife hung it all on the refrigerator and everyday I see the front page which says, - Now, with the advantages the FP+, Resort guests can prebook their reservations in advance while off site guests have to wait until the day of arrival.

I was just pointing out that, what was suppose to be a resort guest perk, changed rather quickly. And even though people will disagree, I think they may be anticipating huge lines at the kiosks during peak season, so this eliminates a lot of traffic.

Disneyfamily4

I will say it is a bit annoying when Orlando residents complain about the tourist stuff. Embrace it, don't act like you're better than it... it's not like Orlando has much else going for it, anyway.
Not even remotely true, except maybe instances like Spaceship Earth where there's literally no line, and stopping to scan the card would take longer than just walking in. Otherwise, its the same as before, up to 80-90% of the ride's capacity can be and is devoted to the Fastpass line.

If I lived in Orlando, had no kids and it took an hour to get to a store only a mile away due to traffic, I can see how that is annoying. To tell them to embrace it is easy, when you dont have to deal with it 24/7.

Displanner123

Any advanced ticket purchase through Disney is available for fast pass reservations as long as you make up a Disney experience profile. This is for all off site and resort guests. As I have said before, off site guests have been able to make advanced reservations.
How can offsite guests make advance Fastpass+ reservations? I have tickets linked to My Disney Experience, but it won't let me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom