Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

Innovention18

Line jumpers/Line Stallers don't bother me at all. Why sweat the small stuff? More time to enjoy the queue with my family. I'm just surprised people assault others because of a queue line at a theme park.

Weather_Lady

I try to let that kind of stuff go at WDW. Although in my non-vacation life, I'd likely speak right up, when I'm on vacation, I try to be a little more chill.

The one time I said something at WDW (calling out 2 or 3 adults who were pushing and "excuse me-ing" their way past those in the standby line for Buzz Lightyear), my slightly-more-observant-than-I husband kindly pointed out that the people at whom I was yelling were the chaperones for a group of mentally disabled adults who were further ahead of us in line: the chaperones had been delayed in parking some of their group's ambulatory assist devices, and while they were distracted, their group had proceeded into the queue, unaccompanied: they were just trying to catch up to their charges and do their jobs. I was so embarrassed by my misinterpretation of the situation, I think I'll stay quiet from now on. ;)

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
I was in line for Haunted Mansion at Disneyland last year and saw a fight break out in the queue. Two men starting hitting each other and knocked over an old lady who started to have trouble breathing. Apparently, they were fighting because one of the guys wives was accusing another of cutting in line.

bethymouse

Worst ever. My Mom was in a scooter. We had just eaten at Tusker House Breakfast, and the CMs told my Mom to be careful and basically get out of the way of the folks coming down for rope drop! They practically ran my MOM over trying to get to the safari!:eek:

bethymouse

I hate the Test Track queue when you have to go into the "viewing" area! Everybody pushes to get near the front ( well actually that's most rides that do that "take up all available space" thing).:(

Tuvalu

Premium Member
I hate the Test Track queue when you have to go into the "viewing" area! Everybody pushes to get near the front ( well actually that's most rides that do that "take up all available space" thing).:(
Guessing you haven't ridden Test Track since the refurb. You no longer go into the viewing room.

The Empress Lilly

I just can't understand the issue. Waiting a little while longer while the person in front of you is doing whatever they are doing to not move ahead fast enough, in my opinion is not A big deal. Once those people do move ahead all you're going to do is move an extra ten steps instead of two. I just think everyone needs to relax a little
Bollox, the wait time is less if you keep pushing and kicking the people in front of you and all pack up real tight like a bunch of sardines in the blistering Florida heat.

(That was sarcasm, which, I have learned, one needs to spell out on the internets)

jloucks

Line stalling seems completely irrelevant unless your OCD about it, and if that is the case, it really should not be other peoples problem. Get rude about 'stalling' a line with me and we are going to have an energized conversation. I tend to actually enjoy lines (well, maybe not enjoy, but make the best of) and take it as an opportunity to talk, look around, people watch, and chase an occasional lizard with my kids. So, yea, I have stalled a few lines with ZERO end of line effects. I have never had anybody complain or even glare. A subtle point with a smile is 100% effective. Lol, other kids will let you know in a manner which is a little charming.

But, yea, line cutting is not only annoying, but not permissible by the rules.

...unless you have *insert issue here* in which case it is condoned and totally allowed. *sigh*

I'm not sure what to think about the kids (it seems to always be kids) that need to 'catch up' to their families. I kinda blow it off. It doesn't happen all that often. I certainly have not formed a human roadblock. ...but I do get where the roadblockers are coming from. ...but probably not worth your blood pressure.

The Empress Lilly

Line stalling seems completely irrelevant unless your OCD about it, and if that is the case, it really should not be other peoples problem. Get rude about 'stalling' a line with me and we are going to have an energized conversation. I tend to actually enjoy lines (well, maybe not enjoy, but make the best of) and take it as an opportunity to talk, look around, people watch, and chase an occasional lizard with my kids. So, yea, I have stalled a few lines with ZERO end of line effects. I have never had anybody complain or even glare. A subtle point with a smile is 100% effective. Lol, other kids will let you know in a manner which is a little charming.

But, yea, line cutting is not only annoying, but not permissible by the rules.

...unless you have *insert issue here* in which case it is condoned and totally allowed. *sigh*

I'm not sure what to think about the kids (it seems to always be kids) that need to 'catch up' to their families. I kinda blow it off. It doesn't happen all that often. I certainly have not formed a human roadblock. ...but I do get where the roadblockers are coming from. ...but probably not worth your blood pressure.
Yes, exactly. I hate to be rude, but I fear for the end of civilisation (I may hate to be rude, but I love being dramatic) when line cutting is put on the same level as line stalling. One is obnoxious, the other is perfectly normal. It is in fact the people loudly complaining, sighing and pushing the line forward who are rude.

Unless the line is spilling out onto the pavement or has moved out of sight there is no reason not to let the people in front of you get something from their backpack, or admire the scenery, or lose themselves in thought for a bit. I think many people simply do not understand it has zero effect on their waiting time whether they wait ten minutes here or ten minutes ten feet further down the line.

I have noticed the interactive queues can sometimes create issues when typically there would be none. In particular last year we had ridden the 7DMT a couple of times using FPs and there were no issues. At the end of the night one night we saw the wait was not too long so hopped on the stand-by line before park close. We saw no less than 3 times several families having words over who passed who while someone was playing one of the games. In particular some families were angry over families moving ahead in line while leaving their kids to play the games and then the kids had to squeeze through the line. While the intereactive queques are enjoyable they sometimes seem to bring the worst out in people. There appears to be no established etiquette and the problem arises because people have varying thoughts on what is appropriate in these queues. Some stop and say go ahead, while others will stop and use other family members to box out the rest of the line so no one goes ahead. Not trying to start a debate on which is appropriate and which is not just pointing out how the new queques tend to cause issues.

Last edited:

UberPlannerMom

I have noticed the interactive queques can sometimes create issues when typically there would be none. In particular last year we had ridden the 7DMT a couple of times using FPs and there were no issues. At the end of the night one night we saw the wait was not too long so hopped on the stand-by line before park close. We saw no less than 3 times several families having words over who passed who while someone was playing one of the games. In particular some families were angry over families moving ahead in line while leaving their kids to play the games and then the kids had to squeeze through the line. While the intereactive queques are enjoyable they sometimes seem to bring the worst out in people. There appears to be no established etiquette and the problem arises because people have varying thoughts on what is appropriate in these queques. Some stop and say go ahead, while others will stop and use other family members to box out the rest of the line so no one goes ahead. Not trying to start a debate on which is appropriate and which is not just pointing out how the new queques tend to cause issues.
My biggest issue with the lagging at the interactive queues is that often that means that my family doesn't get to use them. At least, we don't get to use them without being incredibly selfish. Usually what I see happen is that someone hangs back playing with the interactive bit until there is a very large gap in front of them. When finally they move up we have to choose whether or not to proceed behind them and pass up the interactive bit or play and hold up the people behind us where our playing with the queue started with a huge gap in front of us. Both options stink for someone involved, either my family or the ones behind me. I tend to let things stink for us than harm the enjoyment of the others around me. It could all be avoided if people would just move up when the line moves. Yes, you only got 20 seconds or 10 minutes or whatever length of time to play and yes, I know you wanted more but that only means you have a reason to ride again!

As for line lagging in general the only time it's an issue for me is when the laggers are in front of me and the fillers are behind me. That is when you hear me having to use controlled breathing to prevent my screaming, "stop pushing! There's no where for me to go!"

melmel89

I'm not sure if anyone has covered this, but on this topic the thing that make me irate is people who want to take a million pictures whilst holding up a line or they might even have literally no one in front of them but they won't let step aside and let others past! I would never queue jump but surely if you are going to significantly hold others up you should just step aside and re-join the queue when you have taken all the photos you want.
We had two snotty teen girls last year they kept stopping take a lot of selfies but when people tried to pass them as the path was clear ahead they were being really rude and linked arms to stop people passing. frustrating much haha.

JoeCamel

I'm not sure if anyone has covered this, but on this topic the thing that make me irate is people who want to take a million pictures whilst holding up a line or they might even have literally no one in front of them but they won't let step aside and let others past! I would never queue jump but surely if you are going to significantly hold others up you should just step aside and re-join the queue when you have taken all the photos you want.
We had two snotty teen girls last year they kept stopping take a lot of selfies but when people tried to pass them as the path was clear ahead they were being really rude and linked arms to stop people passing. frustrating much haha.

Lots of that going on at the Hogwarts Express, I just say excuse me and walk on by, same for the interactives on Space and SDMT.

kelknight84

My biggest issue with the line stallers is not really the fact they are holding me up but when they stall too much then people further back in line see a gap and go under the rope and have now cut the line and made my wait longer!

melmel89

My biggest issue with the line stallers is not really the fact they are holding me up but when they stall too much then people further back in line see a gap and go under the rope and have now cut the line and made my wait longer!
Yes! I have seen that before now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom