Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

bebert

My wife's family does the cut in line to join the family all the time and it drives me crazy. Get off your rear end, get to the rides when you are supposed to meet the rest of your group and it wont happen. Most people are very accommodating, I just find it very rude and thoughtless of those around you.

Last edited:

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We had one lady pushing through the queue for Soarin' (before FP+) because she went to get FPs while her family entered the line without her. Well, she pushed in front of everyone, but by the time she got to the merge point, her family had already gone ahead (don't know why they didn't wait for her there), and she didn't know which line they went into. She asked the CM if she could look, and was politely told no, and that her party should have all entered at the same time. She was fuming, but the CM was firm. We were standing a few feet back and saw it all, large smiles on everyone's faces around us. Karma can be so fun at times!

My biggest issue with the lagging at the interactive queues is that often that means that my family doesn't get to use them. At least, we don't get to use them without being incredibly selfish. Usually what I see happen is that someone hangs back playing with the interactive bit until there is a very large gap in front of them. When finally they move up we have to choose whether or not to proceed behind them and pass up the interactive bit or play and hold up the people behind us where our playing with the queue started with a huge gap in front of us. Both options stink for someone involved, either my family or the ones behind me. I tend to let things stink for us than harm the enjoyment of the others around me. It could all be avoided if people would just move up when the line moves. Yes, you only got 20 seconds or 10 minutes or whatever length of time to play and yes, I know you wanted more but that only means you have a reason to ride again!

As for line lagging in general the only time it's an issue for me is when the laggers are in front of me and the fillers are behind me. That is when you hear me having to use controlled breathing to prevent my screaming, "stop pushing! There's no where for me to go!"
We have had the same issue as well. In fact last year there was one particular child on Winnie the Pooh who was playing at the interactive queue with the bees and was using all the bees not allowing any other children to use them. Because of the way that queue is set up the child just constantly walked around in a circle with the bees. Everyone in line was shocked to learn that the child was not even with any of the people in that area of the line but instead his parents were all the way up past the fast pass merge. The father then had to walk through the line to come get the child when it was time to ride. I don't blame the child for that so much as the parents. But I think that while the interactive queues are nice they have in some instances created issues that did not exist before.

andy773

I know it would be just about impossible, but wouldn't it be sort of cool if they could make a queue similar to the exit for Space Mountain, where you are on that moving sidewalk past the futuristic dioramas?

mergatroid

I know it would be just about impossible, but wouldn't it be sort of cool if they could make a queue similar to the exit for Space Mountain, where you are on that moving sidewalk past the futuristic dioramas?

A nice idea but you're right, it would be practically impossible. You'd have to have the ride load as fast as that walkway spits people off as all the SM one does it exits people from the attraction. Nearest thing you've got to it is the moving walkway on the TTA which takes you up a floor but ends before you actually board.

HouCuseChickie

What's crazy, what we're describing here is just a model for how it all plays out in real world rush hour traffic on a regular basis. You have the line cutters who think it's beneath them to wait in line like the rest of us and you have people who refuse to go fast enough to keep the line cutter from cutting while still keeping a safe distance from the car in front of them.

Ultimately, while annoying at times, I can handle the people who stall - at least while at WDW -since it's often due to an interactive queue, a child having an issue, or someone wanting to take a pic. I've even had a number of stalling parties tell us to go ahead of them. Line cutting, on the other hand, makes me furious. There are different mindsets behind the two offenses and the line cutter is the far more vile of the two.

iYazmo

Ditto.

Also, my wife and I make sure to take up the entire width of a queue, and ignore the ones who come barging through saying they're trying to get up to their family.

This has been the best method for me. I have a party of 4 so we just stand 2 and 2 to form a square. Nobody gets past us.

Doesn't bother me either. And even with two little kids, I'm more than happy to move to the side to let others catch up to their family.

I don't trust people enough to do this. More often than not, they're lying to get ahead.

I've also mentioned this before but I've been trampled by a Brazilian tour group of approx. 50 when I was in line for Rock N' Roller Coaster. CMs did handle the situation appropriately and I got a Golden FastPass as an apology.

Last edited:

seahawk7

Worst ever. My Mom was in a scooter. We had just eaten at Tusker House Breakfast, and the CMs told my Mom to be careful and basically get out of the way of the folks coming down for rope drop! They practically ran my MOM over trying to get to the safari!:eek:
That is awful. Sounds like they were acting less civilized than the animals they were racing to see.

DisneyFanaticUK

I've never had a problem with fellow Brits when queuing in lines, queuing in an orderly fashion is a national past time over here. Same applies to East Asians, fellow Europeans and to a lesser extent, Americans.

I hate to be "that guy", but 90% of line-cutters are South Americans, whether they in be large families or in large tour groups, their general lack of manners is extremely irritating.

Berret

In the Parks
No
There's lots I could say about this topic, but I'll limit it at the moment to talking about line stallers. The way I see it, the line is moving at more or less the same pace, depending on the ride of course. Yes, there can be delays, but overall there's just a pace to it. Now, if someone holds up the line for a minute or so, whether they're distracted or trying to wait for someone or whatever, yes it's annoying, but unless everyone ahead of you and them get on the ride and you're still stuck behind them, then I don't think it's as huge a deal as some make it out to be. You still wouldn't have gotten on the ride right that second, so why get all bent out of shape if you continue on the same pace or you get held up and then catch back up the rest of the line?

Having said that, I can get as hot-headed as anyone if the line hold up is for the one person to let their entire extended family into the line because they were too lazy to all get in the line together. Even so, why let that ruin your day? I'm certainly not saying it's ok, but if you get so frazzled you can't enjoy anything or potentially lead to a confrontation, that's a much worse outcome than just letting it roll off your back and enjoy the ride and the park.

kelknight84

I can also understand people leaving to take a child to the bathroom BUT you would also think that you would see them leaving the line in the first place. In my experience I have never seen this...

melmel89

I've never had a problem with fellow Brits when queuing in lines, queuing in an orderly fashion is a national past time over here. Same applies to East Asians, fellow Europeans and to a lesser extent, Americans.

I hate to be "that guy", but 90% of line-cutters are South Americans, whether they in be large families or in large tour groups, their general lack of manners is extremely irritating.

Same here I definitely think you can tell us Brits a mile off at Disney when someone queue jumps!

PhotoDave219

No I find all nationalities to be guilty of this.

rsoxguy

I just prefer to quote Lloyd Bentsen...

"Tourist Boy, I served with Friends Up There. I knew Friends Up There. Friends Up There was a friend of mine. Tourist boy, you're no Friends Up There."

Tom

Beta Return

Brits are my favorite fellow guests.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom