Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

ninjaprincesst

I'm not sure if anyone has covered this, but on this topic the thing that make me irate is people who want to take a million pictures whilst holding up a line or they might even have literally no one in front of them but they won't let step aside and let others past! I would never queue jump but surely if you are going to significantly hold others up you should just step aside and re-join the queue when you have taken all the photos you want.
We had two snotty teen girls last year they kept stopping take a lot of selfies but when people tried to pass them as the path was clear ahead they were being really rude and linked arms to stop people passing. frustrating much haha.
I agree we were behind one of those families in POTC and the guy in front of us had to take a million pics of everything. My daughter finally lost it when he took a pic of the wall, just a plain wall nothing on it just a wall . I had t get on to her because she loudly said where the guy could hear, " seriously a wall?"

ninjaprincesst

I am so sick of the people (I'm not talking about Mom who had to take 2 year old to the bathroom) who have to line jump to join their group who is always at the front of the line about to get on. My daughter and I have said we are just going to start making up some random name to yell and wave and go straight to the front of the line.

DisAl

Line stallers don't hurt anything. Unless they are the next to board as soon as they move you catch up with the end of the line. They haven't delayed you a bit since the same number of people who were ahead of you are still ahead of you.
As for line jumpers, especially those who hop over the rails from the standby line to the fastpass line, they should be expelled from the parks for the day.

Astro Blaster

This doesn’t happen too often but if I’m about to go on a standby line with a long wait, I’ll see who goes on line just in front of me. If they appear to be loud/annoying, I’ll stop and let less annoying people jump in front of me so I’ll be behind them instead.

“Line jumpers or line stallers” don’t really bother me but spending an hour next to a bunch of yahoos drives me up the wall :hilarious:

Edit: it’s my tactic when I ride Soarin’ standby during food and wine...

Last edited:

thomas998

Line stallers don't hurt anything. Unless they are the next to board as soon as they move you catch up with the end of the line. They haven't delayed you a bit since the same number of people who were ahead of you are still ahead of you.
As for line jumpers, especially those who hop over the rails from the standby line to the fastpass line, they should be expelled from the parks for the day.
I agree on the line stallers... Unless you've gotten up to the last 10 or 15 feet before the entrance, I could care less if someone wants to take photos of a wall or the rope defining the lines. It doesn't impact anything, sometimes I think the stallers decide to stall because they have found one of the random spots where you can get some air blowing in your face which I can understand on a hot day.

Walt Disney1955

I'm 6'2'" 290lbs. so no one cuts in front of me, or tries. I'm built like an NFL lineman so while this has caused me to be too big to ride Harry Potter at Universal it is good for other things. So I've never had a problem with line cutters. My biggest issue is when our young kids inadvertently wander in the line looking at things and "bud" in front of someone without knowing it. Obviously I correct them and bring them back, but I guess I am always more concerned about that.

Phil12

I think it's important for parents to teach their children how to advance through the queue more quickly than most other guests.

Paper straw fan

Well...depends on the queue- on something where there is a room with a video presentation (Aerosmith, Gringotts/ Fast & Furious/Hogwarts express at Universal) the delay can set you back 5 minutes or so. Some days this isn’t a problem, but if you are a bit pressed for time, possibly. I don’t mind a pic or 2, any more it’s just rude to not let people behind you “play thru”.

We had a group where the guy was trying to take pics of his group walking thru the disappearing wall on Hogwarts Express (why a pic I don’t know, it’s pointless w/o video) but the women w him just did not understand. Meanwhile the line behind them is bottlenecked. I wasn’t verbal about it, but after a minute I walked by, happily.

Bronson55

What difference does it make if the line stalls in front of you (unless you're imminently close to the loading platform)? You're still moving at the same rate whether you're consistently inching forward or stalling periodically but advancing in big chunks.
Only time it makes a difference is when you are standing in the rain or blazing sun just short of the cover of the protection.

MickeyLuv'r

Generally, #1 doesn't phase me, but there ARE times when it matters, and THEN I find it a little frustrating. In short, it CAN matter on Space Mtn. On busy days, the CM's send some FP holders to Omega, and some to Alpha. They release standby riders in chunks, and determine those chunks- in part - by how well the standby folks are paying attention.

Alas, I don't think we've ever swapped lines since FP went electronic, but back in the paper FP days, if the standby was short, we sometimes opted to keep the paper FP as a souvenir.

We never hopped into the FP line without a FP, but sometimes - if we had a FP AND the standby lines wasn't moving- we'd switch tactics -and use our FP instead of keeping it. You possibly saw us do this. If someone without a FP does swaps, I agree they should be expelled from the parks. I don't see a problem though if someone WITH a FP swaps lines.

Also, the Kali queue is VERY confusing. More or less, whenever we ride it, we see someone accidentally end up on the wrong side of the queue due to the poorly marked queue set up. The queue is kind of a roped trail, but the roping has multiple long gaps. People think they have reached the merge, or they aren't paying attention and wind up on the wrong side.

MickeyLuv'r

Only time it makes a difference is when you are standing in the rain or blazing sun just short of the cover of the protection.
I can actually think of several WDW locations where it actually does matter. Space Mtn is one.

It can also matter on Big Thunder, near the merge point of the FP and Standby queues.

It also matters in traffic, at traffic lights and in stop and go traffic. Rubbernecking adds significantly to traffic problems. It can also be a nuisance if a driver doesn't notice their left turn arrow is green, and everyone behind the idiot misses the opportunity to turn.

Maeryk

Like the subway.

Yep. Tho at least on the subway, with a couple of exceptions, you are usually surrounded by people at least familiar with your culture and somewhat immersed in it.

But Disney gets people from all over the world. There are videos of how to get on a train in India. It's absolutely terrifying. It makes Japanese subway stuffing look like a slow, leisurely stroll into a vehicle with plenty of space. Take those people and plunk them into southern US, where the culture overall is personal space and fairly laid back, and you get "There's tons of space up there, why aren't these people filling it? It's imperative that we fill in that space!"

Similarly, I've had several people from Brazil explain that due to the corruption and just culture there, pushing ahead and taking every advantage seen is just the way things are done. When you spend your entire life doing something one way, it can be hard, if not impossible, to push that back elsewhere.

The backpack one though.. that one just irks me. I don't know of anywhere where that's acceptable, and I can only think it's unintentional. Much like strollers/ecvs to the back of the heels. I think most people don't realize they are doing it. Though I did have words with one lady once who seemed to think she was going to get through a massive post parade press in the area between Small World and Peter Pan by just ramming into the backs of my legs repeatedly with a stroller. She was definitely using it as a battering ram.

Maeryk

^ I agree with this.

Perceptionally, you are moving "Faster" if you are walking continuously, rather than stopping now and again. any of the "line wait since fastpass" threads will show a common complaint is that you used to almost never stop walking when loading on an Omni, but now you do, as they feed in people from the other line.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom