Line Jumpers/Line Stallers

Raineman

Original Poster
In my limited experiences at WDW, I have already seen way too many people who, for one reason or another, really annoy me while waiting in line at an attraction. The biggest annoyances are the people who cut/move up faster than they should, and the people who never seem to realize that the line in front of them has moved up. Just wondering what some of you guys have seen and what you might have said/done to these people, because it was all I could do to hold my tongue and not say something.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It does depend on the attraction, especially ones where the cast members instruct "fill in ALL the available space" (Laugh Floor for example) ~ people who "move ahead" technically aren't line cutting. Additionally, in an interactive cue (Haunted Mansion, Winnie the Pooh) I have no issues with folks who want to bypass those elements moving forward ahead of me. After all, at most, it only extends my wait by a minute or two.

For the folks who won't move when the line does, a simple "excuse me, the line has moved" works well.

With the right mindset, you don't have to end up frustrated while waiting in line.

CAPTAIN HOOK

A swift kick in the back of the heel usually gets them moving along.

As for those who try and jump ahead, be strong and stand your ground. If they want to join "family or friends" further ahead, suggest that the family or friends come back and join the potential jumpers behind you

Courtney6682

Ditto.

Also, my wife and I make sure to take up the entire width of a queue, and ignore the ones who come barging through saying they're trying to get up to their family.

Same pal...lol...my daughter and I invented the ''hand holding technique''...same as your plan...just everyone in the party holds hands as to not get left behind during the stampede....

DManRightHere

In my limited experiences at WDW, I have already seen way too many people who, for one reason or another, really annoy me while waiting in line at an attraction. The biggest annoyances are the people who cut/move up faster than they should, and the people who never seem to realize that the line in front of them has moved up. Just wondering what some of you guys have seen and what you might have said/done to these people, because it was all I could do to hold my tongue and not say something.

Give us a specific example, we need more info to decidewhether it is ok or not.

We stop for views and interactives, don't mind being passed and I tell people that if they seem unsure to go around us!

I pass people if they are doddling along or super slow and the end of the que is no where in sight!

englanddg

One Little Spark...
The only real negative experience I've had with this involves tour groups. They'll stick one or two people in line, then the rest will join them later.

I don't mind a few family members, or people passing me, and I also enjoy the interactive games (though I think they handled it better at Pooh where it's a playground off to the side of the main queue). I'll happily tell someone to pass us so we can fiddle with the things in line if my kiddo wants to.

As far as how I handle it? Meh. I don't let it bother me. It does seem to be a more common practice though, I don't recall it being as prevalent in the 80s/90s...but that could just be the white wash of time on my memory.

Mickey81

You know what's even more annoying...people who show up last minute for a parade, fireworks, etc...than ask if its okay if their children stand in front of you to be next to the rope. The answer is always No. This annoys me so bad. Then they will sometimes make a smug remark about not allowing their children to do this....which I refuse to just let go, and explain that if they want a prime spot, Earn it, and stake it out like everyone else does.

DManRightHere

What difference does it make if the line stalls in front of you (unless you're imminently close to the loading platform)? You're still moving at the same rate whether you're consistently inching forward or stalling periodically but advancing in big chunks.

Very true, but I dismiss thhe concept because people just do not think that way, they're impatient lol.

I was at Carowinds at the log flume drop and the que goes all the way around the water, you can see all the way to the loading platform, we were maybe 15 loads away and a group wasn't paying attention the line had moved for about 20 seconds, this girl behind us kept going on on and on loudly about "how hard is it to keep up with a line, it's not a hard thing to do, people are so self conceded, blah blah". I kept thinking, what difference does it make! We weren't getting on the ride anytime soon!

I would just stand behind a stalled family if it weren't for the feeling of other guests behind me being impatient (unless we're at the load platform).

Flippin'Flounder

I walk slowly through queues, because I have to wait less. Take the GMR for example, I'd rather look at movie props than nothing, so we go slow during that portion, and then there are less people ahead of us later. As long as there are only a few people behind you, it doesn't make a difference.

Goofyernmost

The only real negative experience I've had with this involves tour groups. They'll stick one or two people in line, then the rest will join them later.

I don't mind a few family members, or people passing me, and I also enjoy the interactive games (though I think they handled it better at Pooh where it's a playground off to the side of the main queue). I'll happily tell someone to pass us so we can fiddle with the things in line if my kiddo wants to.

As far as how I handle it? Meh. I don't let it bother me. It does seem to be a more common practice though, I don't recall it being as prevalent in the 80s/90s...but that could just be the white wash of time on my memory.
Amazingly, I remember it as being more prevalent in the 80s/90s then now. I have never seen large groups cut in front in all my trips, but, there are more individual "move uppers" now then I remember from before. Could also be because I don't pay attention to that stuff. I will admit that it used to bother me when people didn't move ahead with the crowd, but, then I realized that unless someone else fills in the space in front of them it has zero affect on when I will get on the ride. They will notice within moments and move up and no one will miss a beat. Fretting over small stuff really is a waste of time in my mind.

WhatJaneSays

When I’m in line as a single rider (non-single rider line) I find my location in the line tends to vary a lot.

In a long wait queue that’s wide I may find myself as many as 6 or 7 parties ahead or behind where I started. I never remember passing or being passed by that many people but it happens. I guess a one person group just gets bumped forward or back in crowd of larger groups easily.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom