Lilo and Stitch coming to Disneylands small world. Are we next?

OK. Not to stir the pot, especially since there's probably some drop-off with thread fatigue but has anyone seen http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com/2008/03/world-of-tears.html?

One thing that this thread is missing is the reference to:

"And in one of the most egregious and downright disgusting decisions in Disney theme park history, the gorgeous New Guinea rainforest scene, replete with some of Mary Blair’s most whimsical character creations (a crocodile with an umbrella, colorful birds hatching from eggs) and her drummer children with Tiki Masks on the opposite shore will be replaced with a Hooray for U.S.A sequence."

Has anyone heard anything about this? Whose blog is this anyway? Any credence to any of the postings?
This was talked about at the beginning of the thread.

I’m all for this, and I wouldn’t mind seeing it spread over to WDW. The Disney characters they plan on adding (Cinderella and Prince Charming, Peter Pan and friends, and Lilo and Stitch) are already cartoonish looking and will fit well into the attraction. If Disney implements them into the attraction well, meaning they don’t stand out too much (aren’t bigger than all of the other dolls), then it shouldn’t hurt the attraction in anyway, and it will give riders an opportunity to pick out the new “hidden mickeys”. Unlike most attractions that get characters added to them, I think this one will turn out just fine. So, I guess Hong Kong Disneyland came in handy after all. Now onto the point about removing the jungle room. I don’t think we really need America represented in the ride since we live in it. It’s more fun for me to see rooms of countries and cultures that I haven’t been able to experience first-hand. This is a major loss. It’s kind of discriminating to remove an already represented country/culture and replace it with our own.

TubaGeek

God bless the "Ignore" button.
Pardon me for being rude, but despite its historical value, I'm not to worried about IASW being defaced. In my opinion, there's not much you could do to the ride to make it much worse...
Please don't kill me.

aladdin2007

This could end up being something only implemented to Disneyland's Small World (and Hong Kong of course) just like the Small World Holiday overlay, which never was brought here to the east coast, sadly.
But since our Small World just had that huge rehab a year or so ago would they really do something again this soon? I have a feeling they would debut the one at Disneyland first for a few years before ever duplicating these character additions here. I guess time will tell.

xsupaxmanxsfnex

I absolutely hate Stitch! They already made a whole ride about him, and I bought a license plate that said 2007 on it with all the original characters on it but instead of Pluto it had Stitch. Plus, we can not do this to this classic attraction. Ugh, if they do this I will be super mad. Even though I love Peter Pan's Flight, we don't need Peter Pan in "it's a small world".

Flower'sChild

I talked to a cast member from DisneyLand over the phone and she said that they will not be adding these Disney characters to the ride. Now I will say there have been many times when one cast member will say one thing and another cast member will say something else and so on.

I will call again later and ask another cast member and see if they say the same thing or something different. If every cast member I talk to says the same thing that will be a sign that this will not happen to it's a small world.

RSoxNo1

I wouldn't oppose to this if they made the changes subtle, like hidden Mickey's. I don't want to see large Stitch animatronics taking over a scene

Flower'sChild

I wouldn't oppose to this if they made the changes subtle, like hidden Mickey's. I don't want to see large Stitch animatronics taking over a scene

Now the thing is I really do like Stitch. He is funny and an awesome character, but that does not mean that I wish to see a large Stitch on the small world ride. Now if and when they do add these characters, if they do very subtle that would be good.

Now in my opinion I don't think they need to add those great Disney characters like Peter Pan to England or Belle to France and so on. If they makes changes I think the best thing to do is maybe do touch ups on the dolls and fix any problems. If they want to add new characters, I think it's better if they add dolls that look like small world dolls or maybe add a few animals that look like the animals that are allready there.

Another words if they want to change the ride, keep it in the same spirit. This is my little opinion :wave:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
That's it... I'm starting a pro-Stitch fan club as soon as I can.

I'll join your pro-Stitch fan club, but only if I can join at anti-SGE club at the same time. The character I like; the attraction just makes me sad...crappy show that replaced a great one.

rodfarrell00

What would Walt do?

Well, he would have gotten bored with Small World sometime in the 1980's, torn it out and put in something completely new (and better). When internet bloggers in the 21st century asked him to reprise Small World, he'd have blown them all off by saying "You can't top dolls with dolls!".

What's the big deal if they change it? I have slides of it from the 1970's and 80's, I have 8mm movies of it from the 90's, I have digital pics and movies of it.....I say change it around a bit.

culturenthrills

I seriously doubt that would be coming to MK anytime soon because that would require WDW mgmt to spend money and we all know they don't do that unless the attraction is falling apart. **cough** Haunted Mansion**cough**

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom