News Liki Tikis refurbished

FullSailDan

Is it me or do they look like Toontiki's?

Will they not rest until all of the MK looks like the Splash & Soak Toddler Zone?

Obviously colours fade over time so a refresh always comes out lighter than the same object just before restoration. I might be mistakem, but the colour of these tiki's, too, seems to have been not the result of that but of deliberate choice over time for a brighter colour scheme.

Subdued colours feel more profound, more authentic. Over the years the MK has gotten brighter, lighter, more cartoony, in a mistaken bid to make it more 'fun', or more carnivalesque. But the Disney difference is that their theme parks do not, in fact, look like theme parks.
Eh... they look just fine to me and there's historical precedent for brighter paints. Yeah they will fade over time.

Haymarket2008

Will they not rest until all of the MK looks like the Splash & Soak Toddler Zone?

Obviously colours fade over time so a refresh always comes out lighter than the same object just before restoration. I might be mistakem, but the colour of these tiki's, too, seems to have been not the result of that but of deliberate choice over time for a brighter colour scheme.

Subdued colours feel more profound, more authentic. Over the years the MK has gotten brighter, lighter, more cartoony, in a mistaken bid to make it more 'fun', or more carnivalesque. But the Disney difference is that their theme parks do not, in fact, look like theme parks.

They will fade over time. These, as far as I can tell, are the original color schemes. Just with a fresh coat.

surfsupdon

This looks good. I like the Adventureland vibes.

I do agree with the over colorization and cartoonization that has been plaguing the MK recently. The authentic environments are looking more cartoonified and therefore less authentic, and more amusement park.

Pixieish

Sorry, but I'm many, many moons from being a toddler, and I think they need MORE features that allow you to splash a little water on yourself to cool down.

The Empress Lilly

Sorry, but I'm many, many moons from being a toddler, and I think they need MORE features that allow you to splash a little water on yourself to cool down.
I love mist sprays too! Or even a bit of a spray. The Tikis for example are good.

But not spitting camels. Nor circus monkeys. Or any other McDonald's PlayPlace garbage.

This looks good:
Adventureland-0090.jpg

:inlove:

This is idiotic:
casey-jr-splash-n-soak-station-gallery05.jpg

:hungover::hungover:

The MK design sensibilities shouldn't move towards more of this hideous garbage.

matt9112

The refurb wasn’t scheduled so new ones could not have been fabricated beforehand.

Just because you “print money” doesn’t mean you should just throw it away. If the current hardware still has usefulness it would be wasteful of money and materials to replace them unnecessarily.

is that what you say about the monorail fleet too?

Goofyernmost

The greater concern was the amount of time they were gone, leading some to question whether they would return at all.

Happy to see them back, they really do add something to Adventureland even if you don’t want to get wet!
That prediction happened as soon as they disappeared. It's is almost like Disney is obligated to inform each of us of any repairs or updates that they do. I would suspect that the to-do list is 20 feet long every single day in a place the size of WDW.

Biff215

That prediction happened as soon as they disappeared. It's is almost like Disney is obligated to inform each of us of any repairs or updates that they do. I would suspect that the to-do list is 20 feet long every single day in a place the size of WDW.
That doesn’t seem to be true. Looks like they were gone for months before anyone reported it here. I don’t see any posts claiming Disney should have notified guests, only legitimate concern that they might not return, which does happen sometimes.
They have been gone for awhile. Hopefully it's just a refurb.
No. It’s only been a few months.
Yes they started the refurb in January...

Goofyernmost

That doesn’t seem to be true. Looks like they were gone for months before anyone reported it here. I don’t see any posts claiming Disney should have notified guests, only legitimate concern that they might not return, which does happen sometimes.
OK, I'll rephrase that for those that need every single word spelled out... 'the prediction happened as soon as it was noticed that they disappeared'. Which, btw, was a few months after they were taken out. That kind of emphasizes just how massively important they were to the overall feel of Adventureland to begin with.

The notification part of my post was sarcasm... how was that not obvious? I never mentioned that anyone said any such thing.

Biff215

OK, I'll rephrase that for those that need every single word spelled out... 'the prediction happened as soon as it was noticed that they disappeared'. Which, btw, was a few months after they were taken out. That kind of emphasizes just how massively important they were to the overall feel of Adventureland to begin with.

The notification part of my post was sarcasm... how was that not obvious? I never mentioned that anyone said any such thing.
Oh I know, it’s just getting tired. I get it, you don’t let things bother you. But this is a discussion board, which is why we’re all here. We all care about different things. No need to lecture others when you disagree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom