Like Competition- Why WDW is better than Universal!!!

The Empress Lilly

It should be known that because of EPCOT, Disney World is greater than Universal!!
'nuff said.

While EPCOT still draws breath, nothing Universal will ever build will possibly compete. I'm not even going to attempt an answer myself, you got here first with the correct one. The greatest thing about my last day in Universal? Seeing SSE from the top of the inversion of Rip, Ride, Rockit!

Nemo14

Here's mine! Take that, Saget!
lilnemo.jpg

dman1373

images

I win HAHAHAH.

Well on the whole wdw vs universal, i think its obviously wdw. The immersion, the more rides, better rides, more parks, better characters, better food places, and the end of the night shows are simply amazing. While universal has its charm, the only things it has that i have to see is harry potter. I mean i understand they have big coasters, but i live in the northeast, if i want to go on big coasters, theres dorney park, hershey park, theres ceadr point, even six flags(which i hate cause of how its run. even still i have a season pass.)

The Empress Lilly

Hey why type a response when a single picture is worth more than a thousand words.....

1251789859_FXeSv-L-2.jpg
That's a great picture, and makes me wish I was there right now.

But, it also shows many additions to WDW that have lessened its quality:
- the new tower adds too much volume, it's starting to resemble Miami Beach with all these hotel towers.
- the massive convention center visually also works against the Contemporary, not with it.
- the beach is supossed to be prisitne, white sand. Not fungus/bacteria/weeds/whatever.

Bob Saget

Disney is a theme park. Universal is an amusement park.
Disney is a "complete" vacation with many options for the entire family to enjoy rides, attractions, and entertainment together.
The memories made at Walt Disney World are priceless, timeless, and ageless.:D
While I agree, I also think the exact same thing can be said for Universal as well. Both, WDW & Uni fall under the category of theme park/family vacation destination, while regional parks such as Six Flags, Carowinds, and Cedar Point fall under the amusement park category.

Disney & Universal use planning, elaborate themes & stories to their creations, while the Six Flags/amusement park genre is more like: "Hey, there's some open space in the parking lot which isn't being used...let's slap up another roller coaster! (And we'll paint it black & call it Batman")

Now if you'll excuse me, I have some more "Likes" to rake in, as competition seems to be getting fierce:
8192012.jpg

Liking this post will ensure he gets a good home.

bethymouse

What did I tell you??? There is NO point, don't even waste your time. Have you forgotten which forum you're on? Honestly, I wouldn't even waste my time.

But you're right, Universal is as much a theme park as the WDW parks are. A statement that it's not is ludicrous.
So then.... is Sea World a Theme park or an amusement park? Is Bush Gardens a theme park or an amusement park? Are water parks just water parks or are they "theme" parks or amusement parks? What would Legoland be considered? Maybe I was wrong in saying that Universal was not a "theme" park, but Universal is a "coaster" park whereas Disney World is a whole other ball of wax.:) PS- Should I put in a cute animal so I get more likes? LOL.:D

bethymouse

I'm kind of there with you. Not so much that I want people to agree with me, but I really feel that people (especially kids!) are missing out on a lot of fun when they ignore Uni. I want everyone to have as much fun as possible, lol.

Uni is as good as WDW...and sometimes (like hotels, transportation) better.
To each his own, but I think we may be comparing oranges to apples here, as WDW has 4 parks that compete individually for the best /most visited parks in the world!:)

Captain Chaos

So then.... is Sea World a Theme park or an amusement park? Is Bush Gardens a theme park or an amusement park? Are water parks just water parks or are they "theme" parks or amusement parks. What would Legoland be considered? Maybe I was wrong in saying that Universal was not a "theme" park, but Universal is a "coaster" park whereas Disney World is a whole other ball of wax.:) PS- should I put in a cute animal so I get more likes? LOL.:D

Universal is no more a coaster park that WDW...

Coasters in Universal: Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Rip Ride Rock It, Mummy, Woody Woodpecker

Coasters in WDW: Rock n Roller Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Barnstormer...

Universal 5 coasters (including the kiddie coaster) to WDW 6 coasters (including the kiddie coaster, soon to be 7 with the kiddie 7D coaster)...

Californian Elitist

So then.... is Sea World a Theme park or an amusement park? Is Bush Gardens a theme park or an amusement park? Are water parks just water parks or are they "theme" parks or amusement parks. What would Legoland be considered? Maybe I was wrong in saying that Universal was not a "theme" park, but Universal is a "coaster" park whereas Disney World is a whole other ball of wax.:) PS- should I put in a cute
animal so I get more likes? LOL.:D

I consider all those you just listed theme parks. Unfortunately I'm too young to remember Bush Gardens. All those parks have specific themes to them. Even Six Flags Magic Mountain has themed lands. What I consider amusement parks are those carnival type rides, where you just go from ride to ride. These rides are ferris wheels, maybe go-karts, the Whip, etc.. If Universal is an amusement park then so are the Disney parks.

disney fan 13

Coasters in Universal: Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Rip Ride Rock It, Mummy, Woody Woodpecker

Coasters in WDW: Rock n Roller Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl, Barnstormer...

Universal 5 coasters (including the kiddie coaster) to WDW 6 coasters (including the kiddie coaster, soon to be 7 with the kiddie 7D coaster)...

Dang, you beat me to it...

bethymouse

Coasters in Universal: Dueling Dragons, Hulk, Rip Ride Rock It, Mummy

Coasters in WDW: Rock n Roller Coaster, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain, Expedition Everest, Primeval Whirl...

Universal 4 coasters to WDW 5 coasters...
I thought Universal had more coasters than that? Are we including Universal Islands of Adventure/Wizarding World of Harry Potter? Are we including "kiddie" coasters? LOL.:D Seriously though, Rock N Roller Coaster is the only "inverted" coaster that WDW has. I still can't see the comparison being fair.:confused:

bethymouse

I consider all those you just listed theme parks. Unfortunately I'm too young to remember Bush Gardens. All those parks have specific themes to them. Even Six Flags Magic Mountain has themed lands. What I consider amusement parks are those carnival type rides, where you just go from ride to ride. These rides are ferris wheels, maybe go-karts, the Whip, etc.. If Universal is an amusement park then so are the Disney parks.
Well then, we've opened a "can of worms" here so to speak. What defines a "theme park" as opposed to an "amusement park"?:confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom