Like Competition- Why WDW is better than Universal!!!

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
WDW is greater than Universal because it's flagship park doesn't greet you with multiple beige box-like buildings housing incohesive attractions next to eachother with no thematic accuracy to the "land" they're in. Plus they put mini-golf under a bridge and charge Disney prices for parks only open until 5 or 7pm much of the year. I like IOA though.

I concur.

Another issue is related to this post. Universal costs as much as Disney but has nowhere near the same value. Disney also has their dining plan which they give away for free some times of the year, Universal could no way offer something like that with their limited restauraunt selection.

You could also make a case with Universal having a very limited amount of land to do things with, so the best they can offer may be what you see now. Disney World, does not have this problem.

Jimmy Thick- Yes, size matters.

Nemo14

54-e1279860371905.jpg

luv

...if you really think none of the Universal resorts can compete with the Disney Resorts, you're delusional. The service at the Universal Resorts is multitudes better than at Disney Resorts. Housekeeping is so much better, Disney housekeepers should be forced to train with Universal's housekeepers for a few weeks to see how to do it right.
Uni wins on hotels. Bigger rooms. The bathrooms at PBH may have more open space than the rooms at Pop. They have excellent housekeeping. I've never found other people's stuff, half-eaten food or any sort of visible human secretions in a Uni room. I did have a bathroom flood once when i showered, but it was taken care of promptly (which is more than I can say for the stuff at Disney.)

The service in the Uni hotels is top-notch. Disney doesn't compare. They don't even try to offer that kind of service. I think they figure that they're Disney and they're close to the parks, so they don't need to. Maybe not. Not sure why they don't, but they don't even try.

I've stayed in all the Disney hotels except SSR and all the Uni hotels. Some have themes I don't love (HRH and Contemporary leap to mind), but as for quality, theming and service in hotels, Uni is far and away the winner there.

captainkidd

I concur.

Another issue is related to this post. Universal costs as much as Disney but has nowhere near the same value. Disney also has their dining plan which they give away for free some times of the year, Universal could no way offer something like that with their limited restauraunt selection.

You could also make a case with Universal having a very limited amount of land to do things with, so the best they can offer may be what you see now. Disney World, does not have this problem.

Jimmy Thick- Yes, size matters.

For a day, maybe. However, I can buy 5 Annual Passes to Universal for about $1,000 less than 5 10-day park hoppers at Disney.

I won't disagree about the food. Disney wins hands down for that.

Universal doesn't have the space that Disney does, but there is more land near them that can be purchased. Besides, Disney isn't exactly known for taking advantage of their land in Orlando. They've sold some of it off. And in the parks already built, instead of adding attractions, they simply replace them (with inferior ones at that).

Jimmy Thick

Original Poster
And the winner of the first ever WDWMagic like competition is:

ParentsOf4!!!

Congratulations!!! You will always be remembered as the first winner of the first ever like competition. And while you win absolutely nothing, your accomplishment will be forever in the bowels of some server, somewhere.

Jimmy Thick- So who wants to try another one?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom