Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

TimNRA757

This may sound rude, inappropriate or just downright mean. But I intend to complain about how much this gospel group sucks to GR regardless of how they actually sound... On the other hand if they set themselves ablaze that would be a better show than LoW...

donaldfan

This may sound rude, inappropriate or just downright mean. But I intend to complain about how much this gospel group sucks to GR regardless of how they actually sound... On the other hand if they set themselves ablaze that would be a better show than LoW...

I will be complaining about the gospel singers, I'm interested to see how many people actually show up to watch them. I just hope they perform during the day and don't interfere with the night fountain shows . . . also am hoping they don't put up some backdrop on that stage to block the view of SSE. Where is John L??

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I understand that the Epcot VP was walking the park tonight - did anyone manage to have a word and get your point over?

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
I also hear that the rather elaborate train set that ran under the tree outside the American Adventure is not there this year.

PhotoDave219

I also hear that the rather elaborate train set that ran under the tree outside the American Adventure is not there this year.

The train too? Is nothing sacred?!?!?

*headdesk*

So what is actually set up this year?

.... and exactly how much of a damm profit would P&R need to make this happen. I know a drop in profit by 500 million dollars is significant, but its still a profit!

TURKEY

I understand that the Epcot VP was walking the park tonight - did anyone manage to have a word and get your point over?

Sent a letter to Dan today about how my experience as a cast member under him makes me disappointed that he let this happen at Epcot as well as my general disappointment in the way things are heading.

Frankrog

My New Chrismas Wish.

During this summer I was going through my photo album of Christmas at Disney in 2006 with our 8 year old grand daughter. I realized it has been way to long since I experienced the LoW. I got such a rush sitting and watching the dancing lights in unison with the fountain as I waited for the Christmas tree to be lit by MM and the gang. I was looking forward to see the LoW this year again to bring back some Holiday spirit. This was such a great memory. I am deeply saddened I will not be able to experience this with any of my other grand kids. BTW the lights at Hollywood are great but it's not Epcot. It seems as if every WDW trip we take lately there seems to be something missing. No matter how they spin it, a choir is not a good substitute and feel insulted Disney seems to think it is.

My holiday wish is that this is just some mean joke and the lights will magically appear.
:cry:

ptaylor

Premium Member
Just been over to Epcot this evening. I can confirm what I sent to Steve earlier. The train isn't there at the American Adventure, neither is the stage around the tree. Infact, there is very little holiday decor.

There is one new addition however...

...And it's a money maker. The Food and Wine booth outside of Mexico now appears to be a permanent addition as it's still there and selling over priced scraps of food. Another bit of clutter on the World Showcase promenade.

TURKEY

Just been over to Epcot this evening. I can confirm what I sent to Steve earlier. The train isn't there at the American Adventure, neither is the stage around the tree. Infact, there is very little holiday decor.

...And it's a money maker. The Food and Wine booth outside of Mexico now appears to be a permanent addition as it's still there and selling over priced scraps of food. Another bit of clutter on the World Showcase promenade.

Same stuff as they had at Food and Wine? Is it marked up for the holiday season?

Figment82

They did that a couple of years ago - left up a few F&W kiosks and put up signs proclaiming them to be selling "Holiday Cheer" or something to that effect. Sold hot chocolate, hot tea, that sort of thing, along with some international foods.

hpyhnt 1000

Ugh, no kidding. Thats another thing thats gotten worse over the years, at all the parks, but particularly at Epcot: placing booths and food carts all along the path. :fork:

WDW Vacationer

Kanyae thing is win...!

I'm a bit peeved that they confirmed it on Twitter. Seriously? Press Releases are nice.

On top of that,no response on the blog,even though Evan and others have asked

Are the lights of winter just Glorified christmas lights??(Never been during the holidays) If so I have some lights at my house you guys could come look at for a price.

EPCOT Explorer

... because a $1.4 BILLION dollar profit in Parks and Resorts isn't enough to put the Lights up this year......
Greed goes a long way.:(
Well, it would have been both a honor to meet him...and promptly offer my humple and respectful opinion.:xmas::lookaroun
The train too? Is nothing sacred?!?!?

*headdesk*

So what is actually set up this year?

.... and exactly how much of a damm profit would P&R need to make this happen. I know a drop in profit by 500 million dollars is significant, but its still a profit!
The tree. :(

:brick:

Anything for a aesthetic ruining buck!

Kanyae thing is win...!

I'm a bit peeved that they confirmed it on Twitter. Seriously? Press Releases are nice.

On top of that,no response on the blog,even though Evan and others have asked
Nicely, too.

CDavid

In fact, there is very little holiday decor.

Are you saying there is little Christmas/holiday decor in Epcot in general (or at least significantly less than last year), or just around The American Adventure?

Make deep enough cuts to general holiday decor, and the cumulative effect could potentially be an even more serious issue than the loss of the Lights of Winter. No single, minor cut in the decor (again, Lights of Winter aren't minor!) may be significant in itself, but taken together would completely undermine the Christmas season in Walt Disney World.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom