Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

DecWDW

Well, I have to break the news to my friends tonight. I was hoping there might be a change by now. We've been going as a group to WDW for six years. I hope they don't throw me off the balcony of the Rainforest Cafe at DownTown Disney. I'm just the messanger!

nemofinder22

Hmm, okay. I thought it took much longer. That's not bad at all really, so I retract my statement. Thanks for the info. :wave:
:wave:
Your right but it was back when Haunted Mansion Holiday first premiered in 2001 it took about a month for the first install but they have nailed it down with minimal impact on the park. Similar goes for Space Mountain which had a 2 week closure for the first install of Ghost Galaxy, it's a small world holiday also saw an extra week added this year which also included the first year with the characters and America room.

Both will take about 10 days to remove and bring the original attraction back but that will be nothing compared to the 5 month DL ROA refurb/drainage.:xmas:

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Why didn't they do this in the middle of the summer. I also heard there using LED's to be earth friendly. If the parks want to use LED's and be so earth friendly if thats what there doing then they should build a methane power plant and Solar Panels to make an influence and help the planet, not full theme parks with LED's

EPCOT Explorer

Aaaaaand, Ladies and Gentlemen, I bring you this:

http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...s-offered-at-magic-kingdom-park/#comment-2433

More Nickel and Diming, less quality for the parks. Horrid.

I responded with...

And

:rolleyes::lol:
Aaaaand it didn't make it though.:lookaroun

Good God, those prices!!! :eek: $70 for a child? I hope they are unable to sell a single ticket for that event. :fork:
You would think they wouldn't but Disney has a captive audience of....affluent people that like to squander funds.:lookaroun:)
its almost as if disney were some sort of.... corporation.....
Don't try that....:lol: They were a corporation in the 70's, 80's and 90's and still had a quality product.

vintageepcot

You may be on to something there with the lights but I am pretty sure they are running off the same system because the light choreography looks the same from when I was organizing an old 1998 video. When the refurbishment was on the lights were removed but that could just be the lights.

I looked into that a bit I think your right. I thought it was changed then they started going do to having more than one color at a time but that was just the lights not being able to mix.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

I looked into that a bit I think your right. I thought it was changed then they started going do to having more than one color at a time but that was just the lights not being able to mix.

Wow off subject but ok :). I think they might even have the same lights just new bulbs hopefully LED. I know the lights were removed but some other parts were removed to and put back without being replaced and I am assuming the lights were taken out of the way and put back along with the lead dancing shooters. Either it was all removed to be worked on or taken out of the way so they could do cement work. How i know, some of the things that were removed still look the same or worse and they weren't assembled right thats why they are shooting off to the sides. Thats what I am assuming. I could be wrong but thats the only thing that can make sense to me. But same choreography and same fountain shows. They just want to make the parks good enough the extra features that fill in the parks are no longer sad to say. NOW BACK TO SUBJECT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mr.EPCOT

WHAT A KICK IN THE GEOSPHERE!!! Look at what Disneyland Paris has!!!!!
Castle.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom