Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

DisneyMusician2

That didn't get through. Trying this.

$140 for a buffet and normal Wishes fireworks in addition to a ticket? Are there gift bags or something? Did I miss something else?

The 2nd party lasts until midnight? Just desert and fireworks?

Yeah, I somehow think that isn't going to get through either:)

WDW1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aaka
I think this post, as well as some others here, are way off the real point of holiday overlays at WDW. Of course the people who visit during the holidays would like to see them. It would be really nice for them, and especially nice for those people who live nearby and can go to the parks whenever they feel like it.

But what about those people whose regular visit falls in Sept/Oct or January? Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't setting up and taking down the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at DL take about a month? So the people whose annual visits fall during these times would NEVER be able to go on the Haunted Mansion, as it would be closed for the switchover. That would really ________ me off.

At DL such annual closures don't make a big difference, as the locals who frequent the park can easily go back at a different time. But that doesn't work at WDW which is a vacation destination.

Just terrible logic. Maybe WDW should never rehab any rides either, wouldn't want them to be closed while there are guests in the park. Shouldn't update anything either, can't have a closed attraction when people are on vacation. Give me a break.

It is a TERRIBLE excuse. One that goes against everything Disney has stood for in quality.

No one is guaranteed that attractions will be open on a trip. Nor should they be.

This incredibly dumb idea that WDW is somehow special compared to the other four (soon five) Disney resorts worldwide is beyond absurd.

And Disney doesn't believe it either. They just love it when guests/fans make excuses for their poor management.

For decades when WDW was only one and late two parks, attractions regularly got TLC by way of annual rehabs/closures. Now with four parks and so much to do, you can't close an attraction for rehab or to install an overlay.

100% pure BS.:xmas::xmas::xmas:

freediverdude

Well it's been about a week since we found out the Lights of Winter news, and I thought I would cool off and accept it. But here I am a week later still ticked off about this. This was my favorite part of walking through Epcot during the holidays.

Ashitaka

$140 for a buffet and normal Wishes fireworks in addition to a ticket? Are there gift bags or something? Did I miss something else?

I wonder if this will be next:

Disney announces special Spectromagic Curb Party. Join us at a special "reserved" section of Main Street curb to sit on and watch your favorite nighttime parade. Each paying guest will be supplied with one (1) turkey leg. This will be a popular party, so we recommend you get there an hour and a half early to take your "reserved" seat on the curb. Prices are $50 for Adults (over 9) and $35.99 for children (3-9). Park admission is not included.

But maybe I shouldn't be giving them any ideas.

hpyhnt 1000

Well it's been about a week since we found out the Lights of Winter news, and I thought I would cool off and accept it. But here I am a week later still ticked off about this. This was my favorite part of walking through Epcot during the holidays.

I know, I've been the same way. I've been in watching a lot of YouTube videos of the LoW; still can't believe that when we visit on Dec. 17th they won't be there... :cry:

Eyorefan

I wonder if this will be next:

Disney announces special Spectromagic Curb Party. Join us at a special "reserved" section of Main Street curb to sit on and watch your favorite nighttime parade. Each paying guest will be supplied with one (1) turkey leg. This will be a popular party, so we recommend you get there an hour and a half early to take your "reserved" seat on the curb. Prices are $50 for Adults (over 9) and $35.99 for children (3-9). Park admission is not included.

But maybe I shouldn't be giving them any ideas.

I love it! But you're being too generous, I'm sure they'll need to reserve all of Main Street for this special event. :drevil:

TURKEY

I love it! But you're being too generous, I'm sure they'll need to reserve all of Main Street for this special event. :drevil:

Don't forget Frontierland.

The only free place to watch the parade would be Liberty Square or a simulcast on the Stitch stage screen.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
At the rate TDO is going, they'll put the lights up, but they only turn on if people put quarters in to keep them going :fork:

nemofinder22

But what about those people whose regular visit falls in Sept/Oct or January? Unless I'm mistaken, doesn't setting up and taking down the Nightmare Before Christmas overlay at DL take about a month? So the people whose annual visits fall during these times would NEVER be able to go on the Haunted Mansion, as it would be closed for the switchover. That would really ________ me off.

This year Haunted Mansion closed on Sept 10, 2009 and reopened as Haunted Mansion Holiday opened on Sept 25, 2009. It will close on January 4, 2010 and reopen as Haunted Mansion on January 14. It will have a total of 25 days of downtime which it also gets some regular maintenance.

marcriss

Buttons are a little cheaper at Zazzle so I posted them there also.
416177286v3_350x350_Front.jpg

http://www.zazzle.com/bring_back_the_lights_of_winter_button-145550569453382085

I got my button in the mail today. Nice work! I got the 4" which I'll put on my backpack for all to see. Maybe I can inspire more people to complain. Thanks!

marcriss

Not sure if anyone mentioned this anywhere (sorry if they did) but there's a twitter from Disney: "This day in history: Interactive fountain between Future World and World Showcase opens at Epcot - 1993."

I'm a twitter novice, but for the more experienced users this screams for a LOW mention.

JimboJones123

I am still sed and not even going this year. The power to light the arches is about, what, 1/16 of the power for Osbourne.

Probably equal to 2-3 runs on TOT each day to power.

Even restringing LEDs would only take 10-20 man hours per arch.

What a bunch of buttholes.

Ashitaka

This year Haunted Mansion closed on Sept 10, 2009 and reopened as Haunted Mansion Holiday opened on Sept 25, 2009. It will close on January 4, 2010 and reopen as Haunted Mansion on January 14. It will have a total of 25 days of downtime which it also gets some regular maintenance.
Hmm, okay. I thought it took much longer. That's not bad at all really, so I retract my statement. Thanks for the info. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom