Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

EPCOT Explorer

Wow. This excuse really does NOT hold water. I am unbelieveably disappointed in the whole situation... but the manner in which the "aftermath" has been handled borders on an insult to the intelligence.
Yep. twitter is great and all...but really? (with Seth and Amy! ) On twitter? Without a coherent tweet?

Really?

snl_really.jpg

lilclerk

Eh, I'm done with WDW for a while. Cut backs a little here, a little there. They all add up. SM I fear will not live up to DL's version. I've already decided to head to DL this summer where they continue to plus things, not take away. Hopefully the FL expansion will be enticing enough to bring me back.
I'm hoping to convince my sisters we should head out to DL next summer rather than WDW. It's all just getting a little ridiculous.

hoke2007

Wow. This excuse really does NOT hold water. I am unbelieveably disappointed in the whole situation... but the manner in which the "aftermath" has been handled borders on an insult to the intelligence.

Disney views their customers as idiots, or at least that is how they have been recently. They take a ton of stuff away, but they add a backdrop to a character meet and greet and everyone around here soils their pants in excitement. It's ridiculous. Disneyland continually finds ways to enhance the experience while WDW takes things away, but always finds a nice excuse to make up for it.

Eh, I'm done with WDW for a while. Cut backs a little here, a little there. They all add up. SM I fear will not live up to DL's version. I've already decided to head to DL this summer where they continue to plus things, not take away. Hopefully the FL expansion will be enticing enough to bring me back.

Honestly, my expectations of the FL expansion are pretty low. With the track record TDO has, we will get a bare-bones expansion. They'll find a way to cut corners in every way possible. Just like they do with everything. TDO is incapable of doing the best job possible.

donaldfan

So disappointing. I will not be renewing my AP this year (expires mid-December). I plan on sending my expired passes in with my letter of complaint.

So, will the fountains still dance to the Christmas music? Continuously, every 15 minutes, or will they just be turned off so we can hear some gospel choir.:hurl:

(No offense to anyone, I can go to a church around here for a gospel choir for free.)

CrashNet

So disappointing. I will not be renewing my AP this year (expires mid-December). I plan on sending my expired passes in with my letter of complaint.

So, will the fountains still dance to the Christmas music? Continuously, every 15 minutes, or will they just be turned off so we can hear some gospel choir.:hurl:

(No offense to anyone, I can go to a church around here for a gospel choir for free.)
Honestly, the fountains dancing to the music the lights did would be just a slap in the face.

danv3

You have to figure they're strongly considering de-activating the comments feature on the blog.

And their excuse is embarrassing. It would have been better if they just hadn't said anything at all.

Lets also not forget the destruction of Pleasure Island.

After visiting Disney several times each year for the past 30 something years I can sadly say this year I will not be visiting. I have seen the cutbacks and have also seen the price increases. It just doesnt add up. Disney needs stop trying to pull a fast one on the consumer.

I am :mad: as hell and I am not gonna take it anymore!

EPCOT Explorer

Lets also not forget the destruction of Pleasure Island.

After visiting Disney several times each year for the past 30 something years I can sadly say this year I will not be visiting. I have seen the cutbacks and have also seen the price increases. It just doesnt add up. Disney needs stop trying to pull a fast one on the consumer.

I am :mad: as hell and I am not gonna take it anymore!
TELL THIS TO THEM.:D

These kinds of words WILL bring change. It did for Disneyland. :wave:

EVERYONE...I urge you, TELL THEM. Write. Call. Email. Post. Tweet. If we actively pursue this we can see the changes and the quality we are asking for.

/Political Voice:lookaroun

ChrisFL

Premium Member
Disney views their customers as idiots, or at least that is how they have been recently. They take a ton of stuff away, but they add a backdrop to a character meet and greet and everyone around here soils their pants in excitement.

I wouldn't go that far, many of us can see right through what Disney "adds" pretty quickly...

Horizons1

Honestly, this also has me seriously considering about renewing my AP this year. Prices for tickets constantly go up, while the entertainment in the parks comes down. I love Disney, don't get me wrong. But when I'm paying more for less, and could be getting better deals elsewhere rather than getting the same thing year-in and year-out, I think it's time to go elsewhere. The only factor that's keeping me from saying I won't renew is that my family has had our APs for 27 years. I dunno right now. :shrug:

donaldfan

Just sent a cordial e-mail expressing my disappointment . . . will follow-up with a snail-mail letter after my trip.

If I knew before my trip, I just wouldn't have been going. Not going to cancel now and try to reschedule for NYC . . .

Just going to go and enjoy everything else I love about Disney at Christmas, knowing that this will be my last holiday trip. :xmas:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom