Lights of Winter not being displayed this year (2009)!?!

RiversideBunny

This dastardly and despicable act of arrogant corporate greed needs to be publicized to ends of the earth so that all mankind can know the depths to which Disney management has sunk.

IMHO
:)

diddy_mouse

Like in all upper management dealings, they think they know what the general public is interested in instead of maintaining what actually works.

I know I had said in an earlier post that it won't stop me from going to WDW which is true, but I won't be going as frequent. When I had to cancel the trip we would have taken this October I was upset about it, but then I started to notice various changes taking place that gave me a "huh?" or "meh" feeling.

I don't want to visit The World with a feeling of "meh." We are still hoping to spend our anniversary there in 2010. Guess we'll see what's in store as this year winds down.

Biff215

While we should keep the comments rolling in on the Weekly Recap, we may also consider trying to add some comments to some of the newer posts on the Disney Parks blog. They just posted a rather lengthy story about Mobile Magic, so soon enough they are going to push us off the main page.

If we have any shot of making an impact it's most likely in the next couple of days. Once all the holiday happenings (those that are left) kick off at Epcot this will more easily be moved to the back burner I'm sure.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Up to 118 comments. I just went over to that other DISney site and posted the parks blog link, hopefully we can really get after them.

EPCOTPluto

CONFIRMED. LoW will be no longer...ever. It was confirmed to us last night in our preshift meeting. Instead they are hoping to start entertainment at the Fountain Stage area, this year featuring the gospel group "DiVine."
:eek:

Seriously!? Is the "ever" per verbatim? :(

I just can't even fathom a reason why they could ax it. For all we know, maybe it was not as simple to assemble, but it is/was that one EPCOT Christmas classic we looked forward to. A choir, while going for more of a traditional style, is just not the same. I don't think the holidays at EPCOT can possibly be more entertaining now as it was then. Ever. :(

I usually am not one to write a handwritten letter, but I think I just bought myself extra homework for tonight. :mad:

Would this have happened on MacPhee's watch?
Maybe I missed it, but was there a reason why MacPhee was 'let go', for a loss of words?

With this confirmation, and with the introduction of the new "gospel group" to the fountain stage, I'm willing to bet the FoN will no longer dance to holiday music. Thats been an Epcot tradition since the fountain was refurbed to include synchronized shows; if that goes, Epcot truly will have lost in Christmas spirit. Hopefully I'm wrong, but if they can get rid of the LoW, whats to stop them from taking away the fountain shows? :shrug: :(
Technically, the Fountain could still perform, but perhaps when the choir is not performing.

EPCOT Explorer

:eek:

Seriously!? Is the "ever" per verbatim? :(

I just can't even fathom a reason why they could ax it. For all we know, maybe it was not as simple to assemble, but it is/was that one EPCOT Christmas classic we looked forward to. A choir, while going for more of a traditional style, is just not the same. I don't think the holidays can be the same now. Ever. :(

I usually am not one to write a handwritten letter, but I think I just bought myself extra homework for tonight. :mad:

Maybe I missed it, but was there a reason why MacPhee was 'let go', for a loss of words?

Technically, the Fountain could still perform, but perhaps when the choir is not performing.
No, he was shuffled to a new position....a obscure one, becuase the name escapes me.:lol:

DisneyLeo18

Like in all upper management dealings, they think they know what the general public is interested in instead of maintaining what actually works.

I know I had said in an earlier post that it won't stop me from going to WDW which is true, but I won't be going as frequent. When I had to cancel the trip we would have taken this October I was upset about it, but then I started to notice various changes taking place that gave me a "huh?" or "meh" feeling.

I don't want to visit The World with a feeling of "meh." We are still hoping to spend our anniversary there in 2010. Guess we'll see what's in store as this year winds down.

This reminds me of a discussion I was having earlier today with some co-workers. We were discussing the yankees winning the world series, and making changes in the offseason. I said to keep every one, unless you plan on improving on that position.

To me the same applies to Business. If it is working, and has gotten you to the top, why cut anything or remove something that may cause you to slip? I know disney has been doing this for a while and the economy may have an effect on some things being cut but it shouldn't effect them this much that they cant put up lights for a month or 2.

sharonjd

Disney Parks Blog

Can you give me the link to the Disney Parks Blog where the comments are being posted? I can find the web site but not the particular thread.

Thanks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom