Lights, Motors, Action Extreme Stunt Show to permanently close in April 2016

Retroman40

Sorry to see it go but oh well. The show does a pretty decent job in giving the audience a behind the scenes look at how car stunts are performed. The stunts were pretty darn good too. I agree that it has to be an expensive attraction to maintain between pro drivers, stunt men, mechanics, tires, etc. I always hoped they'd add at least a walk through of the shop area (rather than just being able to look into some windows from the queue). Of course, one problem the show always had was that it would be cancelled for the slightest rain. My anecdotal observation of late is that shows aren't even filling and you can walk in at almost the last minute. When it first opened if you weren't there at least 30 minutes early you weren't seeing that show.

djkidkaz

With the two new lands scheduled to go on both sides of this couldn't it just be that they need this space to stage all equipment, construction trailers, etc.?

JohnByers

Knew it was coming and am glad I went in Nov and saw it again for old times sake. This park is going to be in sad shape until the new lands open because there is going to be not much of anything to do now!

JediMasterMatt

<using the best 80's computerized voice>

Shall we play a game?

You can only pick 2 of the following statements in regards to the Lights, Motors, Action closure as being true:

a) It's being closed because it's expensive to run and WDW is aware that DHS is about to take a big multi-year attendance hit due to the massive amount of construction and closures (just like DCA did). The potential attendance hit is a big enough concern to take a closer look at the profit margins for the entire park.
b) It's being closed because construction is about to surround it on two sides and that section of the park is going to be potentially isolated until Phase 1 and 2 are finished and it's more convenient from a park operations perspective to just not worry about sending guests back to a long term dead end.
c) It's being closed because something has radically changed and Phase 3 of the DHS expansion has been accelerated (even though nobody is 100% sure what they want to put there) and Phase 3 will now start construction even before attractions that need to close for Phase 2 construction (SWL) have been announced they are closing.

I remember when 20k Under the Sea was announced it was closing for the upcoming New Fantasyland. It was so exciting that I could hardly sleep until it was finished.

As always with Disney Phases, don't bet your hard earned PowerBall winnings until at least there is dirt being moved around.

Phase 3 is likely going to happen; but, the timing of LMA closing now has very, very little to do with it.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
<using the best 80's computerized voice>

Shall we play a game?

You can only pick 2 of the following statements in regards to the Lights, Motors, Action closure as being true:

a) It's being closed because it's expensive to run and WDW is aware that DHS is about to take a big multi-year attendance hit due to the massive amount of construction and closures (just like DCA did). The potential attendance hit is a big enough concern to take a closer look at the profit margins for the entire park.
b) It's being closed because construction is about to surround it on two sides and that section of the park is going to be potentially isolated until Phase 1 and 2 are finished and it's more convenient from a park operations perspective to just not worry about sending guests back to a long term dead end.
c) It's being closed because something has radically changed and Phase 3 of the DHS expansion has been accelerated (even though nobody is 100% sure what they want to put there) and Phase 3 will now start construction even before attractions that need to close for Phase 2 construction (SWL) have been announced they are closing.

I remember when 20k Under the Sea was announced it was closing for the upcoming New Fantasyland. It was so exciting that I could hardly sleep until it was finished.

As always with Disney Phases, don't bet your hard earned PowerBall winnings until at least there is dirt being moved around.

Phase 3 is likely going to happen; but, the timing of LMA closing now has very, very little to do with it.

I would say a combination of A and B.....although C would be nice.

Complete guess based only on what has been discussed and what is known.

Imagineerwannabe

With the two new lands scheduled to go on both sides of this couldn't it just be that they need this space to stage all equipment, construction trailers, etc.?

That's what I thought, certainly looking at the land parcels on the permit, the construction traffic roadway leads straight in behind LMA . This would allow them to shutter the whole of SoA, LMA all the way up to muppets, old backlot entrance, linking up the starwars areas and toy story playland with storage areas for plant, materials and welfare facilities.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom