News Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy (New Show for 2019)

andysol

I really just hope that a month before this show opens, they announce that Mermaid will be closing with Moana or Tangled as its replacement. Plus, if they start developing puppets, scenery, and costumes now, they could reduce the downtime.

Personally, I’d much rather see BatB get replaced and a day show at fantasmic theater.
For Mermaid- I’d rather they just tear it down. Also tear down launch bay and disney junior and make a completely new expansive area there.
Unfortunately that wouldn’t be ready in time.

If only they would have added and worked on this park over the last 10-15 years instead of just closing things. What a concept.

Spash007

Personally, I’d much rather see BatB get replaced and a day show at fantasmic theater.
For Mermaid- I’d rather they just tear it down. Also tear down launch bay and disney junior and make a completely new expansive area there.
Unfortunately that wouldn’t be ready in time.

If only they would have added and worked on this park over the last 10-15 years instead of just closing things. What a concept.

This addition where it's going I think only proves the idea of "animation courtyard" has to go, especially after hosting Launch Bay there. Back when it was a working studio, or when they still offered animation classes there, it made sense. For it to be the center of animated IPs, that would work too. But now they're everywhere in DHS. It's really the one area (pre-TSL) in DHS that has a theme rather than being named after another location, and that theme just doesn't make sense anymore.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I am personally expecting this to be animatronics or Turtle Talk tech. Slight chance of puppets. No way WDI is carbon-monoxide poisoning the masses.

This sounds the most plausible.

Although, a upscaled and interactive massive racing simulator would be more fun (perhaps multiple rooms of it so as not to get unwieldy). Think this...

1530301297628.png

But with more drivers and much bigger screens.

GlacierGlacier

This sounds the most plausible.

Although, a upscaled and interactive massive racing simulator would be more fun (perhaps multiple rooms of it so as not to get unwieldy). Think this...

View attachment 293010

But with more drivers and much bigger screens.
That's kind of what I thought I read. Simulators and tips and tricks for racing. Possibly a way to test SWLs Falcon? But opening in early 2019 doesn't give much time.

champdisney

Interesting. I knew it would be a matter of time when something Cars related will come to DHS. I always doubted Carsland but a show is cool enough. I'm just curious to see how they'll utilize the show building. I've never been inside the flex theater but I have seen videos of the dance party events. My guess is that screens will play a big part in this show in the same way Universal did with T2:3D.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I guess Hollywood Studios (or whatever it will be eventually be renamed to) is becoming Magic Kingdom part 3. Of course Epcot is Magic Kingdom part 2. And please spare me the "Hollywood Studios is no longer a working studio" response. Just because it is no longer a working studio does not mean it needs to become Fantasyland. Yes, more shows and attractions are always welcome but soon there will be a lack of any form of transition between experiences AND parks (sans AK... for now).

And fwiw, we just bought into DVC, we love Disney and will continue to visit. I can support WDW and still be critical. I know the company is (or at least was) capable of doing a better job. One day, they will return to the higher standards they once practiced.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom