Lightning Lane Premier Pass

Mr. Sullivan

What is this continued cycle of everybody reacting emotionally to something without sitting there to think about the details long enough to see why this isn’t something that the average person should be mad about? If you were not in the demographic of people that this is aimed at it is literally not going to have a single impact on you.

Eric Graham

What is this continued cycle of everybody reacting emotionally to something without sitting there to think about the details long enough to see why this isn’t something that the average person should be mad about? If you were not in the demographic of people that this is aimed at it is literally not going to have a single impact on you.
very well put...one of my favorite movies is monsters Inc.

Touchdown

This will be the end of the multi pass, they are piloting it at deluxe resorts. If it goes well everyone will be eligible and multi pass goes away. Thats my prediction.

ConfettiCupcake

Attraction capacity is finite. There is nowhere for this to come from but the pool we all utilize.

The question is how many people will they sell this to once it’s fully established and whether or not they can strike a balance that makes everyone satisfied. I don’t think we can confidently declare this doesn’t impact you if you aren’t buying it.

Purduevian

Hmm some rough math on the DLR side though... Lets say I was going to spend 2 nights and 2 days there next weekend 10/25-10/27 (2 adults)

GC (2 day LLMP and 1x ROTR and RSR)DLH (2 day LLMP and 1x ROTR and RSR)Pixar Pier
Anaheim Inn (Best western plus)
(1 day LLPP)
Hotel Price22441399N/A705
LL Price~104~104800
Total234415031505

I know LLMP is better at DLR than WDW, but still I would be very tempted to make the call to switch hotels and have a better park experience if I was only there for 2 days. Heck to match the GC price I could get LLPP both days.

JD80

Agree to disagree.

None of us have the capacity numbers Disney is privy to to be able to declare this can never become intrusive enough on the average guest experience to negativity impact it. I think they are walking a fine line with selling the excess capacity here, and something will have to give if they push it too far (which will be very tempting if there’s demand at this price point), whether that’s functionality of LLMP or efficiency of standby/length of LLs.

It’s not as if LLMP/SP availability is wide open under the current system.

Sure. Let me ask you this question though if you're concerned about capacity. How many more people are buying this that weren't already in LLs?

Im willing to bet it's no where near the throughout of the LL + Old DAS.

JD80

This will be the end of the multi pass, they are piloting it at deluxe resorts. If it goes well everyone will be eligible and multi pass goes away. Thats my prediction.

You're predicting they can sell one of these per 8 to 12ish LLMPs just to break even with current sales?

ConfettiCupcake

Sure. Let me ask you this question though if you're concerned about capacity. How many more people are buying this that weren't already in LLs?

Im willing to bet it's no where near the throughout of the LL + Old DAS.

Hard to know, this seems to target people who may have been frustrated with the need to schedule and ‘work’ at the system for results. Maybe they are those who were getting 1-3 useful passes a day.

This certainly won’t be removing people who understood how to utilize the systems well as those people don’t need to pay the hefty convenience premium.

JD80

Hard to know, this seems to target people who may have been frustrated with the need to schedule and ‘work’ at the system for results. Maybe they are those who were getting 1-3 useful passes a day.

This certainly won’t be removing people who understood how to utilize the systems well as those people don’t need to pay the hefty convenience premium.

You have one poster in this thread who said they'd happily pay for this so they don't have to work the system any more.

If you have the money to buy this, then you probably pay extra for convience in every aspect of life.

ConfettiCupcake

You have one poster in this thread who said they'd happily pay for this so they don't have to work the system any more.

If you have the money to buy this, then you probably pay extra for convience in every aspect of life.

Your last paragraph, for sure. That’s why I don’t think this is necessarily going to be pulling large numbers of people out of the standard LLMP pool.

It would be really interesting to know if this encourages the LLMP/SP upgrade or the downgrade from VIP guides to this more frequently.

JD80

Your last paragraph, for sure. That’s why I don’t think this is necessarily going to be pulling large numbers of people out of the standard LLMP pool.

It would be really interesting to know if this encourages the LLMP/SP upgrade or the downgrade from VIP guides to this more frequently.

Willing to bet this pulls more from MP/SP pool than VIP pool by a decent margin.

Purduevian

But it does impact people. Capacity is (basically) fixed on every attraction. To give a seat to a LLPP user, it must either be taken away from a LLMP user (by making less slots available), or a standby user (by pushing the wait time higher). I personally think there will be few enough of these sold that it won't really be noticeable, but the capacity has to come from somewhere.

Wall-e

To me, this was the inevitable step. With UNI having Express Pass as a pay-to-play (unless you stay in their version of a deluxe), I'm sure Disney felt that this was money left on the table and found a way to try and encourage people to stay at a deluxe who may have the funds to pay for these passes. Not that I agree with it. I do prefer the UNI approach where the majority of people don't use Express Pass and the stand-by lines move along.
So here’s two issues I have. Disney self generates the market for LL’s by manipulating their wait times (not just through the app but also by not having rides at full efficiency).

The other is that Uni actually caters to paying deluxe guests with an unlimited express pass.

We didn’t fall into that category until we bought a resale DVC contract but what are the actual benefits of being at any WDW resort beside being on property???

Their model is so obviously profit driven (and they have every capitalistic right to) that it makes me feel I’m getting fleeced as I enjoy every damn Plaza sundae and Mickey waffle my stomach can handle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom