Lightning Lane Premier Pass

UberMouse

I think the problem is we have a lot of later born millennials on here that never experienced the OG FASTPASS. It was perfect. I'm a DVC member, so I qualify every time I go. Will I use LLPP? No.

Deep dive

Last edited:

Minnesota disney fan

I’m not one of those “this is the last straw” types but I hope enough people stop giving in to their money grabs that they eventually realize they need to cater to their core guests.

There can’t be that many families of four that can afford $1200 (on a low cost MK day) to add to their already expensive park ticket. I know we’ll never go back to the old FP days but O how I miss them.
I'm afraid that people are just going to jack up their credit cards that they can't afford and increase the national credit card debt. I can see it now. "We're paying so much already honey, lets just add it to the CC and pay sometime in the future".

UNCgolf

I could easily afford to buy this, but... it doesn't seem remotely worth the price.

All of the parks (except maybe DAK) have rides I don't care about riding, so the fact that I could go to them without an advanced booking or waiting in the standby line is irrelevant because I don't really want to ride in the first place. And then there are ones I think are mediocre and wouldn't wait to ride, but would be willing to ride as a walk-on or short wait, but this is way too expensive for that to make sense. And since you can't park hop either...

If it allowed for repeat rides, then maybe they'd have something. There are some attractions I'd happily ride 5 times in a day (the Safari, e.g.), and being able to use the LL for each ride would be fantastic, but that's not what's offered here.

I think this will have very little effect on the average guest because I don't think it's going to sell in any significant volume. It's already limited to a relatively small group, and most of them are capable of looking at the numbers and seeing they should be able to ride everything they want with little to no wait with the standard LL offerings for far less.

I only see this as being really worthwhile or interesting to people who are only going to be at each park a single day and are determined to ride every single attraction in that park with little to no waiting (and people who just have so much money that they don't even look at prices, but in that case... just get a VIP tour and have an even better experience).

Last edited:

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
This is a perfectly reasonable addition to Lightning Lane, is priced where it needs to be for what it is, is catering to a very small and limited demographic, and will have essentially no impact on the average guest. So naturally the Internet melts down as if Disney has killed everyone's grandmothers. Again.
Nor does it improve the current situation, which they continue to ignore...

MickeyLuv'r

Wait you think that someone who is willing to spend the money for this wasn't already going to be buying whatever other version of LL/Genie/FP is also available? Its not like you are completely adding new groups of customers to the lines. Your basically taken a vary small subset of guests who were already going to be using line skip options, and now they are using a slightly different one.
Perhaps.
I think this might also appeal to people who previously thought about going to WDW, but decided against going because they felt LLMP was too complicated.

As I said, that's how they were talking about this on the radio, as a product for people who dislike all the hoop-jumping of G+/ILL's/LLMP, standby lines, waking up early to nab a BG, strategizing to make best use of Early Entry, etc.

This simplifies park touring for people who don't want to bother with any of that, if they are willing to pay.

Last edited:

JD80

Perhaps.
I think this might also appeal to people who previously thought about going to WDW, but decided against going because they felt LLMP was too complicated.

As I said, that's how they were talking about this on the radio, as a product for people who dislike all the hoop-jumping of G+/ILL's/LLMP, standby lines, and waking up early to nab a BG.

Then they laughed at the price. "A fool and their money are soon parted!"

While radio DJs are laughing at this, the people actually buying this are more likely to not care about an extra $500 or so for the day because they can easily afford it.

I don't concern myself with how people spend their money or how much they have. If something is too expensive I don't buy it and I move on.

KDM31091

Wait which one is it? Is it that price is insane so no one will buy it, or that so many people are going to buy and use it that it will slow down the standby line, meaning the price isn't insane?
The price is insane, but I'm sure those with deep pockets will buy. But your average "family from Colorado" that Disney likes to reference, no, I doubt it. I mean people only have so much disposable income and Disney is just getting more and more expensive.

UberMouse

Based on my last 8 day trip to the WDW, my family of 5 averaged $76 per day per person on LLSP. We rode everything we wanted to ride and had an amazing trip. There were two days where we did not use LL at all, so I dropped those from my mean calculation.

KDM31091

I'm afraid that people are just going to jack up their credit cards that they can't afford and increase the national credit card debt. I can see it now. "We're paying so much already honey, lets just add it to the CC and pay sometime in the future".
Exactly. They can "afford" it on credit, which will just compound the issue of Disney debt that has already been discussed before (in fact, I recently saw an article on it, and that was way before this announcement)

UberMouse

What would Disney have to do to bring you back to the parks and when do you think that will happen?

THIS^^^
This is what Disney has lost site of. They are so focused on bringing new people in, they have lost site that they are starting to lose their Disney tattoo wearing hard core fans. They have made the same mistake with a lot of their IP's lately.

Drdcm

The price is insane, but I'm sure those with deep pockets will buy. But your average "family from Colorado" that Disney likes to reference, no, I doubt it. I mean people only have so much disposable income and Disney is just getting more and more expensive.
I know I’m just one person, we have a very high income (so-called deep pockets) and we would never buy this for our family.

They need to charge this much because they broke the system. I don’t think it’s going to work out the way they hope it does.

MickeyLuv'r

I could afford to buy this, but... it doesn't seem remotely worth the price for someone like me.

All of the parks (except maybe DAK) have rides I don't care about riding, so the fact that I could go to them without an advanced booking or waiting in the standby line is irrelevant because I don't really want to ride in the first place. And then there are ones I think are mediocre and wouldn't wait to ride, but would be willing to ride as a walk-on or short wait, but this is way too expensive for that to make sense. And since you can't park hop either...
It is also the non-refundable nature of the product.

Suppose someone in your family simply doesn't feel up to going to the park that day. Like maybe they are tired, cold, dehydrated, sore feet, caught a cold, had a small injury, got motion sickness, etc.

If just one of those normal small things happens, it would really bite to have shelled out all that money.

Disney Analyst

I think the problem is we have a lot of millennials on here that never experienced the OG FASTPASS. It was perfect. I'm a DVC member, so I qualify every time I go. Will I use LLPP? No.

Deep dive

Hi, I'm a Millennial who was very used to the OG FASTPASS.

It was not perfect, but it was FREE, and that made it better.

However, FASTPASS itself really should never have been created, but it was, and destiny was written. It was always inevitable that one day it would become a paid add-on.

1729108750105.png

PrincessNelly_NJ

This is a thread truly off the rails.

It's a high end skip the line platform that Universal also uses down the street. It's price accordingly, that makes it hard for the typical guest to get-it. It's priced high enough that it's not going to murk up the Lighting Lines IMO.
This is my exact thought on it. I don't find Express Pass necessary to enjoy Universal.
And this won't be necessary to enjoy my day at Disney.

MouseEarsMom33

I haven't read the entire thread as this moved fast. But I think Disney needed something to attract back the guests that will be giving up some days to Universal and Epic Universe. If you budget the money, split stays between Universal and WDW are easier to plan if you can be guaranteed to do all rides in one day.

My WDW family is going to Universal/EPIC for first time next holiday season. We would like to do WDW too but probably only Holiday parties due to time constraints. Having the option to skip all the lines is an attractive (but expensive) alternative that we might consider.

I wouldn't be surprised if bookings are down because of EPIC Universe. They likely want to book the deluxe resorts first.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom