Lightning Lane Premier Pass

JMcMahonEsq

So, it would be done to drive sales at deluxe resorts which Disney has had a TON of trouble selling recent years?
There's any number of reasons it might be done. We don't have the data that disney does but some of the reasons that just pop into mind are:

1) incentive Deluxe stays by offering something you can't get at other hotels.
2) a lesser option than VIP, and the hope that it might generate further VIP spending when people compare it an then realize with at VIP they can use it at all the parks rather than just 1 for only slightly increased costs.
3) They have data that for certain segments of the guest's price really isn't that much of an option vs wait time. Once your past a certain threshold, 10K for a trip vs 11.5K, it doesn't matter, especially if i go from skipping some lines with some planning to skipping all lines with no planning.
4) they have data that says another segment of your customer base are people making trips as once in a lifetime events, and as such they are willing to spend more money to guarantee they are getting on every ride while they are there.

TrojanUSC

This is what I don't understand. I mean, the tickets are good any time, vs a 7-hour VIP tour.

But let's say it's $280 per person per park. For 5 people and 2 parks that's $2,800, which is cheaper than the cheapest VIP tour. Why cannibalize VIP tours like that?

Well VIP tours can fit up to 10 people for the cost. Aside from that the personalized guide, transportation backstage, ability to re-ride and show viewing, they probably feel that because VIP tours caters to a different audience.

Also anecdotally I’ve heard that bookings are not what they were a year or two ago. They’ve also priced it so high now that multi-day bookings are nil.

All that said it will be interesting to see if they fine tool the VIP offering at all. For example it’s wild to me that for $750/hour they make you wait in the Lightning Lane and watch all the pre-shows.

DisDude33

I’m not confident that that I’ll ever get back to WDW let alone have a deluxe hotel stay but I would absolutely love to use this pass. I’m curious though if people can schedule a lighting lane for a ride after using the unplanned one or if it’s just the one ride? I feel like the latter devalues the product but that doesn’t always deter Disney from doing anything a certain way.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So what was wrong with the good ole Fastpass of years gone by?? Oh, I know.....Disney was looking for a way to make hundreds of thousands of dollars more by catering to the Rich guests......screw the rest of us once again.
well... if Disney didn't create such disastrous movies and programs over the last few years, they wouldn't need fools like us to pay for those losses through the parks...

Last edited:

mightynine

I’m not confident that that I’ll ever get back to WDW let alone have a deluxe hotel stay but I would absolutely love to use this pass. I’m curious though if people can schedule a lighting lane for a ride after using the unplanned one or if it’s just the one ride? I feel like the latter devalues the product but that doesn’t always deter Disney from doing anything a certain way.
I imagine Disney would happily take your money if you want to pay them for another Lightning Lane Single Pass or Multi Pass after you already gave them hundreds for the Premiere Pass on top of the thousands you've already paid for your deluxe resort.

Indy_UK

Between this announcement and the awful DVC extra membership today, its like they waited to announce this all between the new Epic Universe news and tickets going on sale for that, so people don't notice.

UberMouse

The Value just isn't there. More than half of the attractions that have LL aren't worth the extra money just to save some time by not using the standby line. Now, if they had one that was for E ticket only that was cheaper than buying them individually, or you could use the LL for a particular ride multiple times, then we are talking.

DisDude33

Between this announcement and the awful DVC extra membership today, its like they waited to announce this all between all the new Epic Universe news and tickets going on sale for that, so people don't notice.
Everyone with inside knowledge of the company is nodding their heads in agreement.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Between this announcement and the awful DVC extra membership today, its like they waited to announce this all between the new Epic Universe news and tickets going on sale for that, so people don't notice.
I just saw that about DVC extra - gotta love it.

Pay us many thousands to join, and thousands of maintenance fees each year) but pay more if you want a perk you DVC scum

Last edited:

JMcMahonEsq

Well VIP tours can fit up to 10 people for the cost. Aside from that the personalized guide, transportation backstage, ability to re-ride and show viewing, they probably feel that because VIP tours caters to a different audience.

Also anecdotally I’ve heard that bookings are not what they were a year or two ago. They’ve also priced it so high now that multi-day bookings are nil.

All that said it will be interesting to see if they fine tool the VIP offering at all. For example it’s wild to me that for $750/hour they make you wait in the Lightning Lane and watch all the pre-shows.
Having experience with VIP, I don't see the cannibalization from this offering that some are forecasting. They really are 2 separate offerings that provide different experiences.

While a VIP offering is was an amazing experience, its in my mind not an every day/trip one. First, you really are locked into a full day at the park. Now this isn't a bad thing for us, as we are generally an rope drop/close type family, but for some, especially with younger kids/older family members, this isn't ideal. You lose the flexibility of half days, melt downs, afternoon siestas, ect. This is especially the case when your staying at walking distance type resorts like Contemporary for MK, or S/D, Board walk for Epcott/HS.

Second, while getting the guided tour, story telling feature was great....we don't generally go on vacation to hang out with other people. One time sure, its an event, but its not an every day feature.

Third, with a VIP tour, your now really locked in with your group of 10. Within our family we have people of different ages, likes, and ride tolerances, and would frequently split up with some riding GotG while others might be on LwtL or eating around the world. That's not really possible, or if you do it, your really losing out on the best features/purpose of the VIP tour.

This option i think does 2 things. It provides higher line skip options for an overall price that is still less than a group VIP tour, which opens up sales to people who are already buying LL, but now at higher price points. But what I also think it might increase the number of people who might be willing to try a VIP tour, seeing how well this works out for 1 park, and with a VIP it gives them the option of trying it and park hoping as wel.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Well... these are the type of headlines I expect to see in the coming days:

1729102715728.png

mattpeto

This all in before the expected day ticket and AP price increases, which I still think might be coming.

Indy_UK

I just saw that about DVC extra - gotta love it.

Pay us many thousands (each year), but pay more if you want a perk you DVC scum

Just when I thought they would bring out an awesome yearly membership inline with say a D23 membership and it may have tempted me to seriously start considering buying a direct contract but nope, I save my money for another day and remain resale scum.

Padraig

Express Pass: Universal Studios Florida

Add a Universal Express Pass to skip the regular lines at participating rides and attractions once per ride.

Please clarify how it's different, besides the price.
Isn't this new pass only available to Deluxe hotel guests? If so the comparison doesn't hold, as Universal's Deluxe include their unlimited fast pass (for two days for both parks) in the price. Universal's one time and unlimited fast passes are available to anyone to buy.

As this stands, for my family to get somewhat parity of access (even then one vs unlimited) is costing over 12000 dollars (4 parks for 5 people for two days) without tax. Makes me want to not complain about the 900 dollars we spend per night in Hard Rock

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom