Lightning Lane Premier Pass

JD80

The Value just isn't there. More than half of the attractions that have LL aren't worth the extra money just to save some time by not using the standby line. Now, if they had one that was for E ticket only that was cheaper than buying them individually, or you could use the LL for a particular ride multiple times, then we are talking.
This isn't a ride per dollar calculation. This is a I don't have to plan or schedule anything dollar calculation.

If you have to calculate ride per dollar then this offering isn't for you.

Kingoglow

No chance. They just set a high anchor price. Now imagine they set the menu like this:

Premier-$399
Multi-$79
Single-$22

I bet you they sell out of the multi daily even if they doubled current prices.

This is my impressions as well.

LLPP will allow Disney to stress test the upper limit of what guests are willing to spend on LL's without disrupting their cashflow from the current LLMP/SP pool.

The data Disney derives from this offering will effect us all in a year when the suddenly surge the cost of LLMP from $35 to $100+.

JMcMahonEsq

The Value just isn't there. More than half of the attractions that have LL aren't worth the extra money just to save some time by not using the standby line. Now, if they had one that was for E ticket only that was cheaper than buying them individually, or you could use the LL for a particular ride multiple times, then we are talking.
This is just stupid. If you had an option that was CHEAPER, and was only for the most in demand rides then everyone would buy it, which would really defeat the entire purpose of a ride skip. It would just be the defact standby line.

JAN J

It will increase the wait times in the Lightning Lanes. They had gone down to almost nothing, so I guess Disney saw that as unacceptable.

It will likely also decrease the pool of available LL’s for LLMP.
Point 1: Maybe, but only marginally. This is REALLY expensive, not a lot of people have that money to shell. And maybe some of the previous VIP guest tour customers (though do they not already do the LL queues?)

Point 2: If a lot of people buy, possibly, but if it's too niche they can just sell the extra quantity and not bother losing volume on LLMP and Single LL.

RSoxNo1

I truly think this will have minimal impact on the average guest. No more than your average VIP tour does. The variable is obviously how many they end up selling per day.

I wouldn't be surprised if this is essentially back filling the previously used DAS capacity, now with a price point.

Brer Oswald

Then don't pay for it. And if the price is really set too high, then no one will pay for it except a very small minority, and it will have next to zero effect on the park or other customers, and like most instances, the forums are full of people spewing nonsense, and worrying about how other people spend their money.
I won’t. I’m not even planning to visit these parks anymore.

Disgruntled Walt

In the Parks
No
Then why are you here?
Maybe because he's passionate about how things used to be and wants to advocate for a return to those times? That's why I'm here.

Until about two months ago, I wasn't sure I was going to get back to the parks either. But it's my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary, and they took my brothers and I to WDW (if we got straight As) for years as we were growing up. It's the perfect place for us to celebrate this occasion, but Disney keeps making terrible, terrible choices that are going to make this trip VERY inferior to what we're used to as a family.

MickeyLuv'r

Just priced out a 4-night Universal stay a few days ago.
offsite for $970 ($242/night)
onsite at Sapphire Falls for $1165.
onsite at Royal Pacific for $1810.

So that's 5 days of EP for an upcharge of $645- 840.
With 2 people, that works out to getting EP for $65-84 /person /day.
For a family with 2 adults+2kids in the room, the price drops to $42-32.30 /person /day.

In terms of what the hotel each like, the 3 hotels are comparable in amenities, except the offsite room is bigger, includes a so-so breakfast, but no water slide/just a basic pool. (Though I'm sure there are less expensive offsite options, the one I priced is close to Universal.)

Drdcm

I have a pitch. “Lightning lane single pass all access pass”. For just $22 ($38) at magic kingdom you will be eligible to join virtual queues for purchasing one lightning lane single pass of your choosing. *obtaining a lightning lane single pass is dependent on availability and not guaranteed. **does not include purchase of lightning lane single pass.

DisDude33

Maybe because he's passionate about how things used to be and wants to advocate for a return to those times? That's why I'm here.

Until about two months ago, I wasn't sure I was going to get back to the parks either. But it's my parents' 50th Wedding Anniversary, and they took my brothers and I to WDW (if we got straight As) for years as we were growing up. It's the perfect place for us to celebrate this occasion, but Disney keeps making terrible, terrible choices that are going to make this trip VERY inferior to what we're used to as a family.
That’s fair. I have only been going to the parks regularly for the last 10ish years and I have definitely noticed a decline in value over that time.

My original question probably seems ruder than I meant for it to. Between the cost and some worsening health issues I don’t know how many (if any at all) more trips my family will have but I like to come to see forums and see other people talk about their trips and excitement for the parks and I am legitimately curious about other people’s mindset about engaging with things they do not plan on experiencing anymore.

UberMouse

This is just stupid. If you had an option that was CHEAPER, and was only for the most in demand rides then everyone would buy it, which would really defeat the entire purpose of a ride skip. It would just be the defact standby line.

I don't know. The original paper Fastpass system worked really well, and it was free. I'm not sure how old you are, but for me, that was peak experience. I've been going to the parks with memory since I was 3, and that was in 1979. Fastpass line was fast, usually 15 minutes or less. And, again, it was free and everyone had access. Your example doesn't hold up.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom