Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Bthoma10

Understand. Just trying to find a way to enjoy the time with family without always being on my phone. If it works, great. If not, i can do it myself.

nickys

Premium Member
So I’ve just found out that Standby Skipper stopped working but they have worked out a patch and it is now working and booking LLs remotely. They did refund people when it stopped working.

The creator of BG1 has decided not to try and find a work-around because he feels that since Disney has cracked down once they will continue to go after 3rd party apps, and is taking the decision to just continue with it’s other functions. So taking no chances with legalities but also taking a moral stance.

The creator of Standby Skipper was interviewed on WDW Prep School and says he is confident his app complies with Disney’s rules. However I suspect that won’t be the first time it stopped working and they’ll end up refunding people again at some point.

Bthoma10

So I’ve just found out that Standby Skipper stopped working but they have worked out a patch and it is now working and booking LLs remotely. They did refund people when it stopped working.

The creator of BG1 has decided not to try and find a work-around because he feels that since Disney has cracked down once they will continue to go after 3rd party apps, and is taking the decision to just continue with it’s other functions. So taking no chances with legalities but also taking a moral stance.

The creator of Standby Skipper was interviewed on WDW Prep School and says he is confident his app complies with Disney’s rules. However I suspect that won’t be the first time it stopped working and they’ll end up refunding people again at some point.
Thanks, that is what I was seeing too. For 45 a week, it is a good deal if it works as advertised. We have four kids, and it’s really annoying to try and manage kids and genie crap simultaneously. It wouldn’t be that difficult for Disney to do the exact same thing this service provides, if the goal is to increase guest satisfaction. However, if everyone had it, I am sure it wouldn’t be so hopeful

drew81

IMG_3907.jpeg

RoadiJeff

I was shocked when I woke up and saw this with yesterday being $25. Although based on this AM in MK G+ really isn’t needed.
No kidding. I'm looking at the MDE app wait times right now and I am amazed at the short wait times for some of the more popular rides throughout all the parks. I hope things are this way when we arrive in 19 days. :)

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I was shocked when I woke up and saw this with yesterday being $25. Although based on this AM in MK G+ really isn’t needed.
This worries me…
Because it’s written with “acceptance” that recharging for ride lines on not crowded days makes sense AT ALL.

Which it really doesn’t

jpeden

In the Parks
No
This worries me…
Because it’s written with “acceptance” that recharging for ride lines on not crowded days makes sense AT ALL.

Which it really doesn’t

Oh we didn’t purchase it. I was just shocked that it was cheaper than the day before. We did everything we wanted at MK this morning and were done by 1:30PM. The only thing we didn’t do was Mine Train because we didn’t want to wait 45 minutes.

pdude81

This is just data collection at this point. Modeling behavior based on perceived crowd levels and lower price point. The best part for Disney is that they still get paid to collect this data.

Chip Chipperson

I'm not an expert by any means on past Labor Day crowds at WDW or Universal, but I think a big part of the reason for the drop in crowd levels from the weekend to Monday has to do with the fact that most NJ school districts started their school year Tuesday so Monday was the latest possible travel day for families looking to squeeze a vacation in before school. There have been some years in the past where school districts around here wait until Wednesday or Thursday to start, so maybe those are years that saw bigger crowds on Labor Day itself rather than just over the weekend.

Thepuma

Understand. Just trying to find a way to enjoy the time with family without always being on my phone. If it works, great. If not, i can do it myself.

To be honest, I've been coming to Orlando for about 5 years and have always used either FP+ or the highly inferior G+....ive always been 0n my phone all day and got used to that. On THIS trip (currently here) I decided to see what it would be like to NOT use G+. I've been quite surprised. I'd say we haven't really needed it and haven't exactly lost out that much time. I've also enjoyed not being glued to my phone head down all day - I've enjoyed the days a lot more as a result.

I have bought the odd LL+ but never G+ so far.

TheMaxRebo

Last week we were at WDW and decided to not buy G+ at MK (Monday 8/28) nor AK (Thurs 8/31) but did buy it for DHS (Wed 8/30 - $20) and EPCOT (Friday 9/1 - $17)

For MK, we were there from early entry through park close and got on 20 attractions. Dd 7DMT during early entry (~35min wait) and had longish waits for Space Mtn (57 mins) and Speedway (40mins) that were both well more than posted time. Everything else was under 30 mins, most under 20

For AK we got on everything we wanted and did Pandora mid-afternoon, had 23 min wait for FoP. Only other longish wait was for Kali River which was 30 mins despite a 5 minute posted wait time 🤷‍♂️

For DHS and EP we "slept in a stacked" - we did get to DHS until around 12:30pm. Using LL we got on basically everything we wanted and did Rise standby (28 min wait to first preshow) - several we really didn't need, but did avoid like 25-35 min waits at things like MMRR, MF:SR, etc. Also helped having one for SDD when it closed for rain so got an anytime return one

EPCOT we were able to get one for Remy at 7, then Frozen after scanning in there and then TT after scanning in at Frozen, had them all done by noon. Really didn't need it for anything else, but saving 40+min for each of the 3 big ones was good

I think it is worth it if you want to sleep in or take breaks, but if you will be there from opening to close or don't care if you don't get on everything, definitely can do without

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom