Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

This morning’s Disney Dish surmised that about 25% of the LL lines were comprised of paying G+ customers, with the balance made up of blend of DAS and VIP crowds. I rarely see plaids at WDW. Are there really that many DAS folks utilizing that system?

Obviously I don't have official data or anything but I think there are quite a few and it goes for their whole family too not just the individuals.

I do know a number of people that qualify for having DAS but in the past felt that they could get by using FP+ but now that they would have to pay for G+ they are using DAS ... So definitely more using it now than in the past

I think LL also gets used by rider swap folks too

DCBaker

Premium Member
In a new update to My Disney Experience (v. 7.28), a filter has been added to the Tip Board to remove attractions and shows that do not utilize Genie+ Lightning Lanes. Keep in mind if you toggle this filter on, it will also hide all Individual Lightning Lane attractions.

You can see the toggle off and on below.

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

seabreezept813

Obviously I don't have official data or anything but I think there are quite a few and it goes for their whole family too not just the individuals.

I do know a number of people that qualify for having DAS but in the past felt that they could get by using FP+ but now that they would have to pay for G+ they are using DAS ... So definitely more using it now than in the past

I think this here. You could avoid lines easily with FP+. But now that Genie is a mess, people who didn’t apply to DAS before are using it now, because it’s hard to make a plan with minimal waiting. I don’t think it’s people cheating either but more so didn’t need to ask for an accommodation until Disney made it more complicated.

Touchdown

I think this here. You could avoid lines easily with FP+. But now that Genie is a mess, people who didn’t apply to DAS before are using it now, because it’s hard to make a plan with minimal waiting. I don’t think it’s people cheating either but more so didn’t need to ask for an accommodation until Disney made it more complicated.
But some of it is cheating, because there are always donkey holes everywhere you go.

Fido Chuckwagon

But some of it is cheating, because there are always donkey holes everywhere you go.
I know this is an unpopular opinion, but the facts and data that came to light during the lawsuit against Disney when they first changed DAS years ago (which Disney won) made it clear that a **lot** of it was cheating.

G00fyDad

Hey…you gotta pay when you need the “magic” of avoiding wait times that are artificially doubled to make you buy the genie
I get that but a doubled wait time of 2 hours is still enough to make me buy the G+. I am not waiting in a line past 40 minutes if I do not have to. I get there are times when G+ is useless but then there are times that I was glad to have it. On our last trip I booked a G+ for Rat first thing in the morning since we were getting to Epcot through the International Gateway (Skyliner) and it was supposed to be heavily jammed first thing in the morning. We got there and it was wasted since the standby line was only 30 minutes. However, we had a G+ for GotG and we were glad we did. That standby line was insane clocking in at around 3 hours by the time we got to that area.

celluloid

I get that but a doubled wait time of 2 hours is still enough to make me buy the G+. I am not waiting in a line past 40 minutes if I do not have to. I get there are times when G+ is useless but then there are times that I was glad to have it. On our last trip I booked a G+ for Rat first thing in the morning since we were getting to Epcot through the International Gateway (Skyliner) and it was supposed to be heavily jammed first thing in the morning. We got there and it was wasted since the standby line was only 30 minutes. However, we had a G+ for GotG and we were glad we did. That standby line was insane clocking in at around 3 hours by the time we got to that area.

I thought Guardians was random Virtual queue only?

Splash4eva

As someone who uses DAS it is NOT a replacement for FP/Genie. As nice as DAS is especially since they allowed you to book rides on your phone i still purchase Genie… being able to book 2 rides prior to your visit is a nice touch ngl but once in the parks if you rely solely on DAS you can easy be sitting around doing nothing for quite some time

TheMaxRebo

As someone who uses DAS it is NOT a replacement for FP/Genie. As nice as DAS is especially since they allowed you to book rides on your phone i still purchase Genie… being able to book 2 rides prior to your visit is a nice touch ngl but once in the parks if you rely solely on DAS you can easy be sitting around doing nothing for quite some time

This was under the old method and is what multiple people told me, that they were able to manage just using included FP+, but without it DAS is more needed

Also I ow other people who absolutely needed DAS and would use it in conjunction with FP+, so everyone is a little different in what is needed and what they are comfortable/ok with

TheMaxRebo

I apologize. Maybe we did use the VQ but I don't remember using it. I could have sworn it was a G+ or DAS that we used.

It's definitely only VQ or ILL so maybe you bought ILL? If you have DAS you can use the LL with your VQ vs the regular line but you do need to secure a VQ, but maybe that is what you are thinking of?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom