Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Disstevefan1

Surely not. According to a few on here the parks are doing awesome and Bob is giving back to us. They’ll prob pay us to take it soon lol

You’re probably right though.
I’m mostly curious about the prebooking part. So many directions they could go here and my fear is they make it worse
I am just dreaming here, but just go back to the FastPass system and monetize it if they must.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
I am just dreaming here, but just go back to the FastPass system and monetize it if they must.
I agree. It wasn’t perfect. Nothing is going to be at this point without a lot more attractions in the mix, so go back to the old system and charge for it

The only thing though would be the tiers might have to return and ILLs are separate now

Thepuma

Last week we were at WDW and decided to not buy G+ at MK (Monday 8/28) nor AK (Thurs 8/31) but did buy it for DHS (Wed 8/30 - $20) and EPCOT (Friday 9/1 - $17)

For MK, we were there from early entry through park close and got on 20 attractions. Dd 7DMT during early entry (~35min wait) and had longish waits for Space Mtn (57 mins) and Speedway (40mins) that were both well more than posted time. Everything else was under 30 mins, most under 20

For AK we got on everything we wanted and did Pandora mid-afternoon, had 23 min wait for FoP. Only other longish wait was for Kali River which was 30 mins despite a 5 minute posted wait time 🤷‍♂️

For DHS and EP we "slept in a stacked" - we did get to DHS until around 12:30pm. Using LL we got on basically everything we wanted and did Rise standby (28 min wait to first preshow) - several we really didn't need, but did avoid like 25-35 min waits at things like MMRR, MF:SR, etc. Also helped having one for SDD when it closed for rain so got an anytime return one

EPCOT we were able to get one for Remy at 7, then Frozen after scanning in there and then TT after scanning in at Frozen, had them all done by noon. Really didn't need it for anything else, but saving 40+min for each of the 3 big ones was good

I think it is worth it if you want to sleep in or take breaks, but if you will be there from opening to close or don't care if you don't get on everything, definitely can do without
You bought G+ for Epcot 😳

TheMaxRebo

You bought G+ for Epcot 😳

Yup! We had a full day planned - we did the Behind the Seeds tour and had our preview of Journey of Water to work around and wanted to get to what food booths we wanted to/could ... so avoiding several 40ish minute waits was beneficial

We still didn't get to everything we wanted to

Thepuma

Yup! We had a full day planned - we did the Behind the Seeds tour and had our preview of Journey of Water to work around and wanted to get to what food booths we wanted to/could ... so avoiding several 40ish minute waits was beneficial

We still didn't get to everything we wanted to
Wow....we rope dropped Epcot on Tuesday and had done all the rides by 1pm and park hopped to MK

Last edited:

TheMaxRebo

Wow....we rope dropped Epcot on Tuesday and had done all the rides by 1pm and park hopped to HS.

We did
- Remy
- Frozen
- TT
- Guardians (2x plus a breakdown)
- SSE
- Soarin'
- LwtL
- Figment
- the Figment scavenger hunt
- handful of booths
- behind the Seeds Tour
- Journey of Water preview
- Epcot Forever

So we didn't get to
- Mission Space
- American Adventure
- Gran Fiesta
- any other films
- other booths we wanted to do
- Duck Tales
- most of WS entertainment

Thepuma

Yeah, a lot of
We did
- Remy
- Frozen
- TT
- Guardians (2x plus a breakdown)
- SSE
- Soarin'
- LwtL
- Figment
- the Figment scavenger hunt
- handful of booths
- behind the Seeds Tour
- Journey of Water preview
- Epcot Forever

So we didn't get to
- Mission Space
- American Adventure
- Gran Fiesta
- any other films
- other booths we wanted to do
- Duck Tales
- most of WS entertainment
those smaller attractions we don't do any more as they aren't worth constantly doing.

We were out at 1.15 to get to MK for Tron VQ.

We never bought G+

Started

1) Frozen Rope Drop 8.30am (walk on)
2) Remy (20 mins)
3) Figment (walk on)
4) Soarin (15 mins)
5) Spaceship Earth (10 mins)
6) Test Track ( we did Single rider and got straight on)
7) Mission Space (walk on)
8) Guardians (VQ)
9) Drink in Space220 Bar

Left park at 1.15ish

Last edited:

DCBaker

Premium Member
Here's a look at the increased pricing for Genie+ today. The last time Multiple Parks and Magic Kingdom were at $29 was on July 5, 2023.

IMG_7871.jpg

You can see the price for Individual Lightning Lanes here.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Last edited:

tanc

Currently in the park after 3 years and I have to say this app is total garbage on android. I can't even load genie on a 5g UC network. It also constantly crashes, adding genie onto it made it far worse than it was before.

Fido Chuckwagon

I am so enraged. First day of a trip staying on site at contemporary. Been pounding the app for two hours and nothing. I have never been this mad at disney before. Seriously **** disney world.

Fido Chuckwagon

Stop feeding the beast just go about your day w/o G+! You’ll be fine. Looks like the only park without sub 30 min waits for good rides is DHS.
We experienced magic kingdom without genie+ on our arrival night yesterday. No thank you, Im not waiting 30 minutes to go on the Ariel ride. If it doesn’t start working in the next 10 minutes we’re going to seaworld.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom