Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

pdude81

Being on the inside of the circle is one of the worst viewing angles because you can't see much of what's coming or what has passed one by.

As this photo shows, being on the outside let's you see what's coming much further in advance, plus, it looks like the parade is heading straight for you.

So, one is paying for a worse viewing position.
I think the value is in not having to wait forever for it. So you can wander in there when the parade starts and just wait til it gets to Main St. rather than wait for 2 hours only to have a vlogger sitting on your feet :).

However you might get as good or better of a view from 5 rows back out in the hub

pdude81

I’m going to let you in on a little secret, ready? You can do that in Frontierland for free!
Depends. I like to watch from the outdoor seating area at Pecos Bill normally, but in some crowd levels (Holiday outliers) it's intolerable just about anywhere.

Touchdown

I’m gifted with height, so my preferred spot is under an awning by Country Bears, or if it’s really warm under the awning by HoP with the AC cooling my back.

HoustonHorn

Premium Member
Where, Pecos? Prob 6 times. Another fav is by the barber shop
Shhhhh. Don't give up the barber shop secret. We discovered it by complete accident when we got my daughter's first haircut done there, and it has become our go-to parade spot. Based on the number of off-duty CMs that are there, we figured we hit paydirt.

matt9112

MFSR ran out at 10:25am today
MMRR ran out at 10:55am today
Source

Right now at 3:35pm I will give myself 10 refreshes to see what I could pull at DHS if I was there.
Initial pull: 6:20 Star Tours
Refresh 2,3:,4,5,6 Start Tours Jumped around as early as 4:20pm
Refresh 7 gave a RotR 4:00PM ILL (I'm shocked this popped up... I didn't think that was possible)
Refresh 8 gave a 6:35PM RnRC
Refresh 9 and 10, RotR and RnRC both were gone.

10 refreshes should take like 3 minutes if you have what you want pinned at the top.

So wait your ok with this? You dont see an issue with refreshing for 3 or 5 minutes giving such a wildly different experience? That inconsistency seems insane. I mean I understand you take advantage of what you can but it seems hillariously bad.

Purduevian

So wait your ok with this? You dont see an issue with refreshing for 3 or 5 minutes giving such a wildly different experience? That inconsistency seems insane. I mean I understand you take advantage of what you can but it seems hillariously bad.
The logistics behind this only give 2 options:
1)If someone cancels, misses the LL, or if the attraction is less busy than expected, nothing changes and everyone still has the same pool as before
-This would cause LL the run out faster, but would randomly help standby
2)If any of those things happen, release the extra LL into the pool for whomever gets them.
-This keeps LL and standby consistent at whatever ratios they have deemed appropriate

I prefer 2, but also because I know about it. Unless you see another solution?

matt9112

The logistics behind this only give 2 options:
1)If someone cancels, misses the LL, or if the attraction is less busy than expected, nothing changes and everyone still has the same pool as before
-This would cause LL the run out faster, but would randomly help standby
2)If any of those things happen, release the extra LL into the pool for whomever gets them.
-This keeps LL and standby consistent at whatever ratios they have deemed appropriate

I prefer 2, but also because I know about it. Unless you see another solution?

The system being removed....option 3 🤣🤣 it's so bad they had to add a disclaimer so they dont need to issue refunds anymore.

But on a technical level I would say having a minimum build up before release. (You cant have time specific drops because people like your self will be glued to there phones at drop times)

But you could arguably force system to hold spots until say 25 have accumulated than drop 25 at once. (Example) it would in theory simply smooth out the inconsistencies. Would not fix the system but smooth out the dips and peaks.

Dreaming of Disney World

I have a question. You know how you can get a new genie+ selection 2 hours after park opening? Is the park opening time considered the published time or the early entry time for resort guests? Thanks.

Rob562

And I'm pretty sure that's only if you made your first selection more than 2 hours before park opening.

Nope, just has to be before park opening. You could make it at 7am, 8:12 or 8:58 for a 9am opening and be able to make another at 11am.

But for maximum benefit, especially at Studios, you'll want to be making your first for Slinky at 7am so they don't sell out.

-Rob

pdude81

Nope, just has to be before park opening. You could make it at 7am, 8:12 or 8:58 for a 9am opening and be able to make another at 11am.

But for maximum benefit, especially at Studios, you'll want to be making your first for Slinky at 7am so they don't sell out.

-Rob
Right, but the language some have used is a little confusing. I don't want people thinking they can make one at 9:10 and get another at 11. You might think that is obvious to everybody but it might only be obvious to most.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Original Poster
Here is the message you get if asking a question in the MDX chat.

446420DC-C8E0-47AA-A954-D58A79EC0088.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom