Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

gerarar

Premium Member
This is how I imagine him every time he sees the word Genie.

I Hate My Job Reaction GIF
Kinda reminds me of the ramp/pool guy in the Galactic Starcruiser thread lol...dedicated to their mission

Jeff4272

He always is unhinged. He is very "black and white" and "either/or". That's the way a child thinks. He flat out attacks anyone who does not immediately say that Genie+ is a huge pile of garbage. God forbid you say you like it. His head would literally blow right off his shoulders. 🤯🤯🤯 I don't understand why anybody would like it either but if you were to say that you like it he's liable to hunt you down. In the very least if you don't agree with him (exactly as he thinks and feels about this Genie+) then he's at least going to call you a liar. He gets fanatical about it. It's almost as if he has some personal vested interest in seeing it fail. In my opinion, it was a failure right out the gate but that isn't even enough to satisfy him. Even me feeling the way I do about Genie+ gets me called an apologist or an employee by him. He's deranged.
Thank you! that is quite the complement and I think you nailed your description of me perfectly!

FACT!

Jeff4272

That reminds me…specifically for @Jeff4272 …but everyone should know this info.

Unfortunately it’s super long…but it is the absolute best explanation of “line science” I’ve seen in public. And it explains why fastpass+ was a fail and ultimately lead us to genie (it was made before genie, however)

For a rainy day…

I watched it........I'm making a video right now to counter that and show why genie(-) is so bad too

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I watched it........I'm making a video right now to counter that and show why genie(-) is so bad too
I look forward to it.

The concept is not “preference” in systems…it’s a numeric breakdown of why legacy worked more effectively for the total crowd and why FP+ crushed their ability to handle the Crowd in a way where it didn’t feel like “losing” to a big segment of the daily attendees.

And the wall st solution…unfortunately that we have now…is monetize it…which solves all problems To the boss.

Ayla

Frustrating to see all those people walk by you while you wait in line. Knowing they are more special because they have paid chapstick $15 each.
I know it will be frustrating, but I won't be riding a ton of rides this trip. My mom walks with a cane now and there are a lot of rides off limits for her, so I'll be sitting with her waiting while the rest of our party rides.

(For those of you that remember I said I wasn't purchasing park tickets, I had enough Disney reward points to buy 2 two day tickets, one for me, one for my Mom.)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Here is a look at the Festival of Fantasy Parade viewing area for Genie+ Lightning Lane.

Festival-of-Fantasy-Parade_Full_46983.jpg
Being on the inside of the circle is one of the worst viewing angles because you can't see much of what's coming or what has passed one by.

As this photo shows, being on the outside let's you see what's coming much further in advance, plus, it looks like the parade is heading straight for you.

So, one is paying for a worse viewing position.

Skibum1970

I look forward to it.

The concept is not “preference” in systems…it’s a numeric breakdown of why legacy worked more effectively for the total crowd and why FP+ crushed their ability to handle the Crowd in a way where it didn’t feel like “losing” to a big segment of the daily attendees.

And the wall st solution…unfortunately that we have now…is monetize it…which solves all problems To the boss.
I have thought that they painted themselves into this corner when they spent so much on MyMagic with promises of major revenue streams that didn't really materialize. From that point onward, it seemed a matter of time until they added a cost to it. To make it seem that they are doing it "for the guests", is a laughable marketing ploy.

Jeff4272

Being on the inside of the circle is one of the worst viewing angles because you can't see much of what's coming or what has passed one by.

As this photo shows, being on the outside let's you see what's coming much further in advance, plus, it looks like the parade is heading straight for you.

So, one is paying for a worse viewing position.
But hey, Genie (-) is great!

Touchdown

I really like staking a place out at the 1 o’clock position in the middle of the hub for BTY. I have some great shots of the Pirate Ship with the castle in the background, along with other parade elements. However that’s at night (so no shade no problem) and it allowed me to watch Hocus Pocus, no way would I want to be in the concrete sweat box for the afternoon parade.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom