Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

Marriedatdisney

I really don’t understand the strategy behind this. If genie plus is almost all rides except two per park. And it’s $15. Then basically they jacked ticked prices by 15%. No new capacity, no better distribution of riders. The only thing that makes sense is that they do what the did with the Minnie van service. Double, then triple, then quadruple the price After a few months. But the consumer experience just blows.

pixarprincess

I have to assume the number of LL riders per hour will be lifted from how many they gave FP to. It’s the only way to ensure that people aren’t ed about paying for a line that isn’t actually shorter.

Has anyone asked the question/know if the paid fastpass will start at park opening. If you are at the park at rope drop or shortly after opening would you now be behind a paid fastpass?

erasure fan1

Doesn't really surprise me. We are still in a pandemic where a lot of people haven't gotten to travel or have had financial hardships and here is Disney, one of the most profitable companies in the world charging people for something that was just free right before this pandemic started. They had to know they would be crucified, if they didn't want to be they would have given some kind of discount to resort guests
And the absolute best part is this is coming from a company who just slammed Scarlet Johansson for being greedy during a pandemic... The absolute double standard is hilarious and expected. Of course it really doesn't matter. Disney is going to continue on this trajectory even if the complaining is unlike anything we've seen before. I believe they truly think they can charge for EVERYTHING that was included before, and the gates will still turn.

BaconPancakes

And the absolute best part is this is coming from a company who just slammed Scarlet Johansson for being greedy during a pandemic... The absolute double standard is hilarious and expected. Of course it really doesn't matter. Disney is going to continue on this trajectory even if the complaining is unlike anything we've seen before. I believe they truly think they can charge for EVERYTHING that was included before, and the gates will still turn.
Chapek really is running the company into the ground. It would almost be comical if it wasn’t so sad.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The Guest experience at WDW, what little was left at this point, is going straight there with this silly 'planning' service that in reality is a expensive shell game.
It has just become the "Guess Experience" at WDW... guess which rides are included, guess which rides you'll have to pay for, and guess how much you'll wind up paying for them.

Last edited:

RSoxNo1

Some observations from the 14 minute video:

Lightning Lane Include with Genie+
  • Astro Orbiter
  • The Barnstormer
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • It’s a small world
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
Lightning Lane Not Included with Genie+
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
Removed

• Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Not sure on anything alphabetically after Space, so Splash Mountain wasn't pictured nor was Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. I also believe Astro Orbiter would be a new addition to the "not-Fastpass" group.

Last edited:

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Please stop spreading falsehoods. There are TWO tier 1 attractions in the Magic Kingdom. Mine Train and Space Mountain. That's it. Two.

The list has been confirmed by @wdwmagic and @lentesta. Mine Train, Space Mountain, Test Track, Rat, Rise, Slinky, Kilimanjaro, and Flight of Passage. That's it. That's the list.
Which works great if (a) they implement this system tomorrow, and (b) you're visiting tomorrow.

But who on here honestly believes Tier 1 won't include Tron?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Some observations from the 14 minute video:

Lightning Lane Include with Genie+
  • Astro Orbiter
  • The Barnstormer
  • Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
  • Buzz Lightyear’s Space Ranger Spin
  • Dumbo the Flying Elephant
  • Enchanted Tales with Belle
  • The Haunted Mansion
  • It’s a small world
  • Jungle Cruise
  • Mad Tea Party
  • The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh
  • Peter Pan’s Flight
Lightning Lane Not Included with Genie+
  • Seven Dwarfs Mine Train
  • Space Mountain
Removed

• Magic Carpets of Aladdin
Not sure on anything alphabetically after Space, so Splash Mountain wasn't pictured nor was Under the Sea: Journey of the Little Mermaid. I also believe Astro Orbiter would be a new addition to the "not-Fastpass" group.
I assume Pirates is in the first group?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom