Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
I think TWDC prefers these types of guests.

They get the money from the hotel stay and get the money from the dining plan and I bet there is a spreadsheet somewhere in the finance committee that says these kind of guests saves the company costs in the theme parks by these guests staying away from the parks.
Oh I'm sure they do. Especially compared to the guests who stay offsite, bring their own food to the parks and don't buy any merchandise. But they've created more of these type of guests with the constant price increases.

The last decade of administration for the parks have turned it into an ouroborus.

JD80

Over the years we adjusted our spending to compensate for the constant price increases --less Table service meals, bring our own food and snacks, no buying Disney merchandize. Gotten to the point even that does not help ---you have lost a long time fan, I'm sure Disney could are less

Disney is not monolithic because there are different business groups (merch, dining, park ops etc.) that are run by individuals that have bonuses tied to performance. You take money for away from Merch/Dining and it goes into the LL bucket then the Merch and Dining execs get nervous.

We'll see how it goes long term. People only have so much money. LLMP isn't going away though. Frankly I'm surprised free FP+ lasted so long since every other Disney park had a paid version of line skipping.

JAN J

Take this for what it's worth.

I'm told that if you look at the supply/demand curve for LL, there's tons of room for Disney to increase prices when crowds are above average.

That is, there are still more people willing to throw more money at waiting less in line.

I don't think they'll do it, but it would not surprise me if the math showed revenue maxxed out at around $75 per person per day during the winter holidays.
Interesting point.

I would also add that increasing prices in LL is a lot less impactful to overall attendance than increasing regular price tickets.

Ayla

LL costs them nothing to offer, so the constant price increases seem very tacky. It’s just greed. Just abolish it and make one standby line that moves quickly.

Unfortunately people keep paying it so it keeps going up and up. For $20 a ride you should least get more than 1 ride, as in let you do it 3 times or something if you want. It’s a rip off.
Anything you want to ride, however many times by standing in line, should be included in your highly-inflated admission price.

JMcMahonEsq

LL costs them nothing to offer, so the constant price increases seem very tacky. It’s just greed. Just abolish it and make one standby line that moves quickly.

Unfortunately people keep paying it so it keeps going up and up. For $20 a ride you should least get more than 1 ride, as in let you do it 3 times or something if you want. It’s a rip off.
This is silly. First LL has development costs, infrastructure, implementation costs, maintenance, hosting costs., ect., all of which cost/costs the company money.

Second its not greed, its a busienss, the company is supposed to make money. It has a product that people want. Contrary to some on these message boards, people do NOT want to go back in time over 25 years ago to when there were no fast passes.

Third, why is it unfortunate that WDW has found something people want to buy, and are selling it at a price that people think has value? If you don't like it, that's fine don't buy it. But on the limited amount of time I can get away from work, and get my family on a vacation, we are not going to waste time standing around in lines. We, and it appears enough other customers, are willing to pay additional amounts to skip past lines. But i know some people (mostly without kids) who don't mind going to the parks, and just casually walking from drink spot to snack stand, to show, and will just hop on whatever rides they want, that have good wait times. They don't want/value the same things I do, and i like that Disney has different pricing features so that we both get what we want.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
They can kiss my back pocket if they think I'm paying ~ $145 to get in and another $21 to ride a two-minute roller coaster.
You don't get to ride Tron twice for that $21. ;)

Take this for what it's worth.

I'm told that if you look at the supply/demand curve for LL, there's tons of room for Disney to increase prices when crowds are above average.

I wonder what they will do with LL prices the other 350 days of 2025... 😁

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom