Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

I would for some days. If I have to buy it for length of stay …… honestly, I probably would.

It was 6 years between our last 2 trips. And although I hope we return after 3 years or so, it might be our last visit. So I’d probably pay it, yes.
Good luck.....thats expensive......hope you dont have 4 kids like me and have to pay for 6 of us every day.......that would be $1,404 plus tax for 6 park days for the 6 of us.....No thanks, not for 1 Tier 1 ride per day.........Not worth it to us and probably not to a lot of people

TQQQ

There are many unintended consequences to Tiers.....

Drops almost become irrelevant if you have to use your 3 selections before booking another (since you likely will not be able to modify a TIER2 to a TIER1

Afternoon itineraries are completely ruined

Stacking is gone

nickys

Premium Member
Good luck.....thats expensive......hope you dont have 4 kids like me and have to pay for 6 of us every day.......that would be $1,404 plus tax for 6 park days for the 6 of us.....No thanks, not for 1 Tier 1 ride per day.........Not worth it to us and probably not to a lot of people
Well there’s the thing. I think you’d be able to get more than 1 Tier1 ride a day. You could with FP+ and everyone had that.

And yes, I realise it’s not worth it for everyone.

TQQQ

Well there’s the thing. I think you’d be able to get more than 1 Tier1 ride a day. You could with FP+ and everyone had that.

And yes, I realise it’s not worth it for everyone.
Well not if you dont go to the parks until the afternoon......for eg, we went to HS at 3pm 2 days ago.........Had SDD, TOT, MMRR and TSMM booked before we got there (by stacking starting at 7am) and got ST and MFSR while there

If they reintroduce Tiers, that would mean I would likely only get 1 Tier1 ride.....drops and stacking become irrelevant

I would reserve SDD, TSMM and maybe Star Tours in advance (1 Tier1 and 2 Teir2) but the earliest return time would be 3pm........So i wouldn't be able to book another ride until (estimated) 5pm, after I use my 3 advanced selections....By then all the Tier 1 rides would be gone

No way I'm paying for that

Genie+ would be MASSIVELY devalued.......drops and stacking become irrelevant

And I think Genie+ sales will suffer.....is Disney willing to shoot the cash cow that they have been bragging about for almost 2 years? the guest spend per person that is way higher?.......I doubt it

Last edited:

Fido Chuckwagon

Ok then we definitely disagree. I’ll bet you anything you want they will go lower if they implement basically paid FP+ (without the top ride or 2 in each park).

Thats a no brainer.

WDW is not immune from guests spending less. Guests will see less value in the whole vacation and go somewhere else, fewer nights or less frequently. It does happen
I think it is certainly possible that they see attendance drop off as a whole due to lower gsat numbers. However, the percentage of guests that do come who purchase genie+ is going to hold steady, again, because it's a necessity. Once you've sunk the cost to be there you're going to sink the further cost to be able to experience the attractions. Nobody wants to spend 90 percent of their day waiting in lines.

TQQQ

Disney doesn't give two hoots about this. Use of drops is something that only the most advanced powerusers of Genie even know about, and they certainly aren't catering to that demographic.
Agree.....

But the problem still remains.......

If they are changing Genie+ again b gsat stinks, wait until these changes come .......will be a disaster

JD80

It's just odd, because you're using the amount of times that it has changed as hammer to use against the system when in fact many of the changes are good ones.

You'd hope any company listens to it's customers and modifies it's offerings accordingly.

Just to piggy back on my own post, here are some of the changes:

1. Adding attractions
  2. Updated notifications for the 120 minute rule
  3. Ability to modify
  4. Free Photopass
  5. Ability to filter your tip board.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Just to piggy back on my own post, here are some of the changes:

1. Adding attractions
  2. Updated notifications for the 120 minute rule
  3. Ability to modify
  4. Free Photopass
  5. Ability to filter your tip board.
IMO all but the free photpass should have been included in the first release if they really knew and understood what they were doing

then again...

TQQQ

It's just odd, because you're using the amount of times that it has changed as hammer to use against the system when in fact many of the changes are good ones.

You'd hope any company listens to it's customers and modifies it's offerings accordingly.
True........But the point is, they continue to make mistake after mistake........and if they reintroduce tiers, it will be another mistake that is avoidable.........

I wonder if they workshop these scenarios out with any groups in advance to study the unintended consequences

Im glad they keep making changes, as long as they are for the better

But maybe they should get it right to begin with

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
True........But the point is, they continue to make mistake after mistake........and if they reintroduce tiers, it will be another mistake that is avoidable.........

I wonder if they workshop these scenarios out with any groups in advance to study the unintended consequences

Im glad they keep making changes, as long as they are for the better

But maybe they should get it right to begin with
the problem is the ones make the decisions on these things never have to use them the way we do and never feel our pain and frustration

Disstevefan1

Agree!

But if they reinstitute Tiering, I think Genie+ sales will go lower....and not just by a little
I wonder if folks who previously paid for G+ will not pay for G+ on their next visit because of tiering?

Folks who never used G+ don't know any better and will buy because the feel they must.

In general, it seems folks are buying G+ because the feel they MUST to be able to ride more than two rides in a day.

TQQQ

I wonder if folks who previously paid for G+ will not pay for G+ on their next visit because of tiering?

Folks who never used G+ don't know any better and will buy because the feel they must.

In general, it seems folks are buying G+ because the feel they MUST to be able to ride more than two rides in a day.
Possibly........But if they change Genie+ to basically paid FP+, but without the top rides because they are ILL's, then what is the value?

Paying $39pp to ride 1 TIER1 and 2 TERI2 vs standby isnt a big difference if you can only get those 3 rides..........

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom