Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TheMaxRebo

By the time able to book a third LL today around 12:30 at HS, Runaway Railway, Slinky, TSM, MF, ToT, and RNRC were all out for the day so our group was only able to book 2 from the group. That's terrible.

sounds like DHS is really bad today - lots of downtime for rides. Not saying that excuses it, but some extenuating circumstances

Splash4eva

Less DAS means fast G+ for paying customers and faster standby for regular customer making both groups happy.
I just came back. I have DAS & also purchase Genie+. The lines for them were not overly crazy out of the ordinary stuff i dont think we waited more than 10 minutes on average and plenty we just walked right to the merge point.

JD80

I've said this a bunch of times, assuming G+ stays functionally the same - as a pay for line skipping service - then the best solution is to:

• Prepurchase G+ for the length of your stay again.
  • Eliminate the 7AM rush - allowing resort guests to prebook your 7AM pick for each park at least 2 weeks prior to your trip.
    • Allow limited amount of ILLs to be pre-booked as well leaving a large pool for 7AM and later the day of.
    • The only 7AM decision people who have preplanned should be making is whether or not they should sleep in or book a VQ or wait until a 1pm drop.
  • Allow preplanners to modify their LL bookings all the way up until they use them, this way they have X weeks/days prior to their trip to tinker with their bookings all the way up to the day of to try and get something different if they wish. Then at 7AM the day of when the larger pool opens they can do the 7AM dash if they wish.
I think allowing multiple picks like FP+ back in the day will be a mistake.

TQQQ

I've said this a bunch of times, assuming G+ stays functionally the same - as a pay for line skipping service - then the best solution is to:

• Eliminate the 7AM rush - allowing resort guests to prebook your 7AM pick for each park at least 2 weeks prior to your trip.
    • Allow limited amount of ILLs to be pre-booked as well leaving a large pool for 7AM and later the day of.
    • The only 7AM decision people who have preplanned should be making is whether or not they should sleep in or book a VQ or wait until a 1pm drop.
  • Allow preplanners to modify their LL bookings all the way up until they use them, this way they have X weeks/days prior to their trip to tinker with their bookings all the way up to the day of to try and get something different if they wish. Then at 7AM the day of when the larger pool opens they can do the 7AM dash if they wish.
Agree with this except one thing. Pre planners shouldn’t be allowed to jump in at 7am. The pre planning already allowed this selection They should fall in like the rest of the guests meaning they can book their next ride 120 mins after park opening or if they use their pre planned selection. This way it doesn’t take up too much inventory for non resort guests but still satisfies the planners to have at least 2-3 rides booked in advance

As far as allowing ILLs to be booked in advance, that already happens now. Resort guests can book at 7am and all others at park opening. So there are no changes to inventory (or anything else for that matter) by allowing resort guests to book 2 weeks in advance as opposed to 7am.

Last edited:

Jrb1979

I agree with the first one and allowing them to book 2 weeks out. It should be limited to their first one each day only and no picking your time.

Basically it stays as is just you don't have to get up at 7am to book you LL

TQQQ

I agree with the first one and allowing them to book 2 weeks out. It should be limited to their first one each day only and no picking your time.

Basically it stays as is just you don't have to get up at 7am to book you LL
Agree. I think resort guests would be very happy booking one LL and 2 ILLs up to 2 weeks in advance for their entire trip and leave everything else the same. This solves the major complaints about Genie+ while not penalizing day guests.

We should be on imagineering!

Jenny72

Wow, there's even a queue for the website now. I mean, it works fine, and it's not a big deal, but wow, there's really a line for absolutely everything about WDW.

1704649109287.png

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
sounds like DHS is really bad today - lots of downtime for rides. Not saying that excuses it, but some extenuating circumstances
The circumstance is a lack of investment to avoid this under the sweatered weasel.
I believe that's only in place to book a hotel room due to the new deals that were released last week
lol…I bet you’re overestimating how much of lure that it. 30% off overpriced is still way overpriced
The website was crammed because of the Free Dining announcement.
That will die as fast as the annual pass queue

It’s still not a good deal to the indebted masses

MrPromey

Wow, there's even a queue for the website now. I mean, it works fine, and it's not a big deal, but wow, there's really a line for absolutely everything about WDW.

View attachment 761995
This is such a joke, too.

I've run into this kind of thing countless times over the last several years on their website and it's like "what the actual H-E-L-L are they doing?".

I mean, does their site not have scalable resources?

Maybe someone should introduce the head of their IT to AWS. 🙄

This goes beyond customer service and the regular level of being cheap. This is incompetence. It's potentially turning away business.

Unless they're randomly giving away Figment Popcorn buckets out of the back of a beat up 80's white van at the intersection for Swan and Dolphin to the first 147 people who reserve a spot using a system they threw together in an afternoon after an official parks blog post that's been amplified by six dozen influencers, this shouldn't be a thing - like ever.

It especially should not be a thing when dealing with predictable loads during a regular part of doing normal business.

This was the company that thought their valuation should be looked at more like a tech company than a traditional media company, right?

Like I said - such a joke.

Last edited:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom