Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

TQQQ

Nothing they do will work. There is not enough attractions for it to work. What ends up happening is they please one group and upset another. The only two solutions that do work they have no interest in doing.

They are pricing people out of using the system or adding a lot more attractions
Yes we are know and we all agree they need more but lets face it, that aint happening...........

What Im saying is, they already changed FP+ because it did not work for the majority of guests............Tiering was probably the biggest complaint of FP+ (or at least the results from tiering)............If they reintroduce tiers it will be even worse than FP+ because there is even less inventory due to ILL's

it would be a nightmare experience but more importantly (at least in Disneys eyes), I think it would severely devalue Genie+ and sales would be affected........

TQQQ

If they go with your last option it makes it unfair to those who buy it day of. Resort guests will have 3 to start plus whatever they get at the 120 minute mark. Where as day of gets 1 at 7am and whatever is left after resort guests tie up everything like in the FP+ days.

It should be no tiers but resort guests can book their first LL each day ahead of time. Basically it stays the same except the planners don't have to get up at 7am
agree 1,000,000%.......................That plus resort guests can buy an ILL in advance (which they can do now anyway so theres not really a change)

monothingie

Evil will always triumph, because good is dumb.
Premium Member
Well they did here.....and here is te exact quote

"We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024,” Disney said in a blog post.
Can you imagine a theme park opening with only 1 bathroom because the others were still under construction, and guests were furious about it. So rather than not opening the theme park because it wasn’t ready, they just operated the park with the 1 bathroom. Fast forward 18 months and the guests hate it, but construction is finally done with the rest of the bathrooms so they open them up because they “listened” to the guests who wanted more bathrooms. So they can spin their failure as a positive.

Their developers were finally able to get the backend implemented and now marketing is spinning it by hyping it as a great new feature even though it was included as part of the old system and supposed to be implemented in the new system. They are listening to the customers….bleh.

Chip Chipperson

I believe that…but it isnt the same parameters

A lot of people can enter a line in 10 minutes

Right, but a lot of people can enter a virtual line from their beds at 7 AM now, so when you add that to the people lined up at the IG entrance ready to run to either Remy or Frozen to start their day, it adds up quick. Not saying 95 minutes isn't a slight exaggeration because it certainly can be - but I've also gotten on lines that ended up being much longer than the posted wait when I joined the line. I don't think it's a matter of trying to goose G+ sales. Much to my chagrin, it really doesn't seem like the sales need any goosing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Right, but a lot of people can enter a virtual line from their beds at 7 AM now, so when you add that to the people lined up at the IG entrance ready to run to either Remy or Frozen to start their day, it adds up quick. Not saying 95 minutes isn't a slight exaggeration because it certainly can be - but I've also gotten on lines that ended up being much longer than the posted wait when I joined the line. I don't think it's a matter of trying to goose G+ sales. Much to my chagrin, it really doesn't seem like the sales need any goosing.
I get your point…but there’s only two virtual lines and that would never affect the sprint anyway.

Is it reasonable to have 60-90 minute waits was as the first people pass the turnstiles?

Not really…but nothing stopping them. It does look fishy and they need all the good pub they can get these days. The Disney Avid fans/defenders are most likely on the decline…this doesn’t help with that.

Purduevian

Do you know that Disney has already changed the functionality of Genie+ 9x since the paid for service was launched........This next change will be 10 and if they screw this up (100% chance they do because of the Tiers), they will be changing it for an 11th time before the summer
What are the 9 functional changes to G+? Only changes I can think of are:
  1. No Pre-purchasing
  2. Date based pricing
  3. Modify feature
  4. Park/Multi Park date pricing
  5. Including on ride photos
Apart from the modify feature, none of that actually changed the functionality of G+, just the price and method to acquire it.

TQQQ

What are the 9 functional changes to G+? Only changes I can think of are:
  1. No Pre-purchasing
  2. Date based pricing
  3. Modify feature
  4. Park/Multi Park date pricing
  5. Including on ride photos
Apart from the modify feature, none of that actually changed the functionality of G+, just the price and method to acquire it.

JD80

Yeah but I follow all the sites, even this one

I'm only talking about the format. For a place that does an excellent job writing, narrating and putting together 5-10m videos, their articles are extremely bad at just presentation.

Splash4eva

Maybe, just maybe, it’s done to avoid giving DAS guests essentially unlimited walk ons for the first two hours. Imagine if they were listed as 15 min, you could get it for SDMT, go ride Space with a 10 min wait, ride SDMT, get a DAS for HM in 15 min, ride BTMR with a 15 min wait, ride HM, get a DAS for JC in 1 hour and the ride PotC with a 15 min wait all in less then 2 hours.
Ive talked about this but what would be the advantage to Disney? If anything it frees them up to spend money elsewhere?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom