Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

JD80

I’m talking 8:30 when I looked. FoP was listed at 145 minutes by 8:50z there’s just no way

I've personally been in a line that was 65 minutes before 8:40 at Remy.

7DMT with early park entry can be the same way. I think I've heard @lentesta test for park touring plans where in the crowd on the bridge to Fantasyland equates to wait times and whether or not the wait is worth it.

James Alucobond

Oh you did a Google search and copy/paste! How extraordinary.

Disney has a proprietary method for analyzing and scoring their surveys. I would assume based on the structure of the questions that it is a hybrid implementation. None of this changes that Disney crafts the questions to leads respondents to their (Disney’s) desired answers.
I work in product design and research. I’m not just Googling things at random. None of the examples you posted are leading. At worst, you could argue that some of the terminology could be harsher, but there is probably oversight from the brand and/or legal team that prevents them from referring to their food as “bad” or “inedible”. But please do open your restaurant with “just okay” hanging in the window and let me know how that goes.

DCBaker

Premium Member
The Genie+ Multiple Parks option has sold out.

IMG_1328.jpeg

TQQQ

Disney rarely publicly admit to changing things due to negative feedback. The closest that I can remember recently was the elimination of resort parking fees, but even that was done without admission of negative feedback.
Well they did here.....and here is te exact quote

"We have heard from guests that they would like ways to plan with Disney Genie+ service and individual Lightning Lane selections before the day of their park visit, and we want you to know we are working on ways guests may do this for visits in 2024,” Disney said in a blog post.

TQQQ

Do you know that Disney has already changed the functionality of Genie+ 9x since the paid for service was launched........This next change will be 10 and if they screw this up (100% chance they do because of the Tiers), they will be changing it for an 11th time before the summer

JD80

Do you know that Disney has already changed the functionality of Genie+ 9x since the paid for service was launched........This next change will be 10 and if they screw this up (100% chance they do because of the Tiers), they will be changing it for an 11th time before the summer

At least they're open to change!

Disstevefan1

One thing about Disney is they can turn on a dime when they want to.

And when they don’t want to do something they don’t, see DLR people mover, and AK Yeti.

TQQQ

I honestly do not see how tiers will work........Sales are much less at Epcot and AK as it is...Imagine when they tier it? who will pay for just one Tier 1 ride in each of those parks? Where is the value in buying Genie+ then when a lot of people do not find value in it now and can get multiple Tier 1 rides?

Never mind when you factor in vs what FP+ was........Now you are also removing the top rides at each park out of the "FP+" inventory since they are ILL's..........

The tiering system will be a disaster.........I hope they take these factors into account before they implement the new system

1) with FP+, I could get SDMT included with every other ride..........
2) with the new Genie+ with Tiers, I cannot get SDMT and I can only get one other Tier 1 attraction? Who would pay for that?

Fido Chuckwagon

I honestly do not see how tiers will work........Sales are much less at Epcot and AK as it is...Imagine when they tier it? who will pay for just one Tier 1 ride in each of those parks? Where is the value in buying Genie+ then when a lot of people do not find value in it now and can get multiple Tier 1 rides?

Never mind when you factor in vs what FP+ was........Now you are also removing the top rides at each park out of the "FP+" inventory since they are ILL's..........

The tiering system will be a disaster.........I hope they take these factors into account before they implement the new system

2) with the new Genie+ with Tiers, I cannot get SDMT and I can only get one other Tier 1 attraction? Who would pay for that?
They don't care. Genie is selling out.

Chip Chipperson

I entered the gateway last year and was in the first 200 or so to make it to France (long legs)…
Guess what the wait time said in the board and in the app?

It’s impossible for wait times to be 80 minutes with the ride open on schedule and no humans in the park…are drones dropping people and we just are missing it?

In May 2021 when there was no FP+ or G+, my wife and I got to DHS ahead of the official park opening because they were letting guests in early even though they hadn't yet started doing the 30-minute early entry for resort guests. We ended up walking in maybe 5-10 minutes after they let people in. Slinky had a CM at the end of a very long line holding a sign that said the estimated wait was 80 minutes. So I can absolutely believe that a newer attraction can have a similar wait time at opening in a location that is the first thing you pass when entering from the International Gateway entrance for Skyliner resorts plus Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Swolphin guests - especially when they also have the LL queue to contend with.

TQQQ

The major problem with Tiering is that you are at a MAJOR disadvantage if you dont rope drop, which over 90+% of the people that visit Disney do not do........If MK capacity is 55k per day, I think only 5k-6k of those guests are rope droppers

If i dont got to the parks until 3pm and I cannot make another Genie+ selection until i use my first 3 like FP+ was, then there is absolutely ZERO value in buying Genie+ to get ONE Tier 1 and TWO Tier 2 rides, never mind that I wouldnt be able to get the top ride in each park to begin with because it is now an ILL

TIERING WILL NOT WORK, unless they make it for advanced selections only and keep the 120 minute rule

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
In May 2021 when there was no FP+ or G+, my wife and I got to DHS ahead of the official park opening because they were letting guests in early even though they hadn't yet started doing the 30-minute early entry for resort guests. We ended up walking in maybe 5-10 minutes after they let people in. Slinky had a CM at the end of a very long line holding a sign that said the estimated wait was 80 minutes. So I can absolutely believe that a newer attraction can have a similar wait time at opening in a location that is the first thing you pass when entering from the International Gateway entrance for Skyliner resorts plus Boardwalk, Yacht Club, Beach Club, and Swolphin guests - especially when they also have the LL queue to contend with.

I believe that…but it isnt the same parameters

A lot of people can enter a line in 10 minutes

Jrb1979

Nothing they do will work. There is not enough attractions for it to work. What ends up happening is they please one group and upset another. The only two solutions that do work they have no interest in doing.

They are pricing people out of using the system or adding a lot more attractions

Jrb1979

The major problem with Tiering is that you are at a MAJOR disadvantage if you dont rope drop, which over 90+% of the people that visit Disney do not do........If MK capacity is 55k per day, I think only 5k-6k of those guests are rope droppers

If i dont got to the parks until 3pm and I cannot make another Genie+ selection until i use my first 3 like FP+ was, then there is absolutely ZERO value in buying Genie+ to get ONE Tier 1 and TWO Tier 2 rides, never mind that I wouldnt be able to get the top ride in each park to begin with because it is now an ILL

TIERING WILL NOT WORK, unless they make it for advanced selections only and keep the 120 minute rule
If they go with your last option it makes it unfair to those who buy it day of. Resort guests will have 3 to start plus whatever they get at the 120 minute mark. Where as day of gets 1 at 7am and whatever is left after resort guests tie up everything like in the FP+ days.

It should be no tiers but resort guests can book their first LL each day ahead of time. Basically it stays the same except the planners don't have to get up at 7am

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

Tiers were an admonishment they were failing in fastpass+

So now they will do it with tiered pricing

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom