Lightning Lane at Walt Disney World

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Dear morons,

You've spent how many millions(billions) to devise a system that will be just as bad as FASTPASS+? The goal is to reduce the complexity and you're failing at every step of the way. Park operations are a total train wreck at this point.

Get your [stuff] together.

Love,
Tim
Unfortunately it was designed with $’s in mind, not the park guest

They need a lot more attractions at every park to make this work

JD80

Pushing it out 7 days just moves the decision making to 7 AM, 7 days out. That's dumb. Here is my proposal:
  • One advanced booking with only a small percentage of attraction capacity devoted to advanced booking (50% or less)
  • Day of booking for everything else that becomes available upon checking into a park. The advanced booking is independent of the day of bookings.

Making decisions all in one day at 7AM NOT on vacation is vastly superior to making some decisions every day while on vacation.

LSLS

As much as I want to put this on Genie, this has been an issue since at least 2019. We were going to ride 7 dwarfs. It posted a 60 minute wait, but I looked at the line and thought "No Way". We were off the ride in under 20 minutes. When we got out, the wait time said 70 minutes.

solidyne

I am not sure if you are being sarcastic. However, its like pouring 16 ounces in a 12 ounce glass and complaining that the spillage is because glass is too small rather than you poured too much in.
Who is the "you" in this metaphor? Isn't Disney the one "pouring" them in?

The blamer is not the same person as the pourer.

DisneyCane

Frozen Ever After posted wait time 45 minutes.

I was through the queue and done with the ride in 26 minutes.
Some of the inflation of realistic time might be to account for disruptions and not have people get very upset. For example, a few weeks ago we went and the BTM wait was posted as 40 minutes. We were really moving through the queue quickly and it looked like it would be 20 minutes at most. However, when we reached the last 10% of the queue things REALLY slowed down. Our wait ended up being a little over 1/2 hour. When we got down to the loading area we noticed that they were only using one side and there was a train stopped in the other side with maintenance people milling around.

DisneyCane

With the discussion about the paid FP, I don't know why they don't make all rides like the express toll lanes on highways. Each ride would have a free standby line with a posted wait time. Then, there would be a paid shorter line. For the paid line, there would be a posted wait time and a price. The price would be dynamic based on the free standby wait time, the paid wait time and the difference between the paid wait time and the standby wait time.

There would be no pre booking. When you arrive at the attraction, if you want to pay the price for the paid line you scan your magic band, card or phone and you get charged with a payment method tied to your account. The MDE app would show both wait times and the current price for the paid line.

This way there is no pre planning and the paid line never sells out. The price just keeps increasing until it isn't worth the time saved. When too many people are joining the paid line, the price would have to get ridiculous so that people stop joining until it clears out a bit. I'm talking truly ridiculous prices like $50+ per person per ride.

Thepuma

With the discussion about the paid FP, I don't know why they don't make all rides like the express toll lanes on highways. Each ride would have a free standby line with a posted wait time. Then, there would be a paid shorter line. For the paid line, there would be a posted wait time and a price. The price would be dynamic based on the free standby wait time, the paid wait time and the difference between the paid wait time and the standby wait time.

There would be no pre booking. When you arrive at the attraction, if you want to pay the price for the paid line you scan your magic band, card or phone and you get charged with a payment method tied to your account. The MDE app would show both wait times and the current price for the paid line.

This way there is no pre planning and the paid line never sells out. The price just keeps increasing until it isn't worth the time saved. When too many people are joining the paid line, the price would have to get ridiculous so that people stop joining until it clears out a bit. I'm talking truly ridiculous prices like $50+ per person per ride.

Bob, is that you?

Mr Iger would love that...just think of all the extra revenue that would generate.

If we assume at the moment people on average get 6 to 10 uses from a days Genie+....now assume it would be on average $10 per ride, it has now increased Disneys revenue between $30 and $70 per person per day.

You should apply for a job on the board

Stevie Amsterdam

One thing that I can't seem to figure out is if the multiple park G+ allows you to stack LL's before 2pm, if you decide to park hop? So let's say start at Epcot but stacking LL's at MK early in the morning, with return times in the afternoon. Much appreciated to anyone who can shine their light on this for me.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
One thing that I can't seem to figure out is if the multiple park G+ allows you to stack LL's before 2pm, if you decide to park hop? So let's say start at Epcot but stacking LL's at MK early in the morning, with return times in the afternoon. Much appreciated to anyone who can shine their light on this for me.
There aren’t many return times for MK in the afternoon during the morning hours. And are you not going to use LL at Epcot? Remember there is a two hour delay upon selecting LLs unless you use one.

nickys

Premium Member
You would buy it for MK and stack just as you would have done last month.

As for timing, Rides like Jungle Cruise and Peter Pan would likely get return times close to park hopping even booking at 7am. It doesn’t matter if you book the first at 7am or 1 minute before park opening. By then both will likely be giving a return time after 2pm.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
Interesting…Dollywood now has 3 different tiers of “fastpasses” depending on the rides you want to go on basically. Some unlimited. Some not. Some not including the popular rides.

Interesting to see how other theme parks are doing it differently. Not sure what the answer is for Disney though

1690388912416.png

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting…Dollywood now has 3 different tiers of “fastpasses” depending on the rides you want to go on basically. Some unlimited. Some not. Some not including the popular rides.

Interesting to see how other theme parks are doing it differently. Not sure what the answer is for Disney though

View attachment 733194
Legoland Windsor has 3 tiers too. But there, the tier determines how much time you save.

Top tier is front of line, middle tier is a virtual queue with a return time of 50% of the stand-by wait. and the lower tier is a virtual queue with a return time equal to the stand-by wait.

Or you can book a bundle with access to 5 popular rides - only available after a certain time and limited per day.

Jrb1979

View attachment 733194
I can't be done at Disney. Not enough capacity and they don't want to cut out the majority of guests from using it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom