Liberty Tree Tavern....

Disney Daddy

Just called for an ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern and was told the dinner is no longer a character dinner. Is this really the case? I hope the CM was mistaken. If not oh well...food is food.

How is this place anyways?

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Just called for an ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern and was told the dinner is no longer a character dinner. Is this really the case? I hope the CM was mistaken. If not oh well...food is food.

The CM was not mistaken. Characters no longer appear at Liberty Tree Tavern.

Upvote 0

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
WOW!!! Talk about a quick response. Thanks for the information. I am going to keep the ADR. I am just going to have to figure out some other character dining options.

Upvote 0

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I never found the food all that great. Generally dry Thanksgiving fare with little appeal. IMO it was worth going when there were characters, but no more.

Upvote 0

Jasper Dale

i disagree about the food. without the characters, it is not worth it to go.

the food is ok, and by ok i mean that it is the kind of stuff you would get if you bought frozen dinners and thawed them out and ate them all at once.

for the price you are paying to eat there, there are SO many other places which offer far superior food.

we went in December and the meal was so so because it included the characters, but i would not go back there ever without the characters. not because the place is horrible, it's not. but for thirty bucks, you can dine at a much nicer place.

Upvote 0

erstwo

I hate to disagree....... but I really disagree!!! :)

We love the food at LTT! Now, we do think the lunch menu is better than the dinner (dinner is family style, so you don't get any choices) but still we have never thought the food was like a thawed frozen dinner!

DH is a devout foodie, so if the food was that bad, trust me, he would have never eaten there twice!!

The thing you have to decide is - Is it worth $100 to have a set menu meal with no characters. It was around $35 per adult and $19 per child for dinner.

PS - If you decide to go there for lunch, we love the pot roast!

Upvote 0

Loretta

I hate to disagree....... but I really disagree!!! :)

We love the food at LTT! Now, we do think the lunch menu is better than the dinner (dinner is family style, so you don't get any choices) but still we have never thought the food was like a thawed frozen dinner!

DH is a devout foodie, so if the food was that bad, trust me, he would have never eaten there twice!!

The thing you have to decide is - Is it worth $100 to have a set menu meal with no characters. It was around $35 per adult and $19 per child for dinner.

PS - If you decide to go there for lunch, we love the pot roast!

I have to agree with you. We found the food much better at lunch and my dh has the pot roast every time we go. I try something different every visit and so far all is good.:slurp:

Upvote 0

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

Yes, this happened in Jan - no more characters. The dining is very much like comfort food - but it is good. Nothing fancy or unique - but that is okay - it's very much like a home cooked meal. :)

Upvote 0

lbrad

I never found the food all that great. Generally dry Thanksgiving fare with little appeal. IMO it was worth going when there were characters, but no more.

Totally agree...Unless they lowered the price immensely it is not worth it for turkey and potatoes... BRING BACK the CHARACTERS:brick:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Though I've been there for lunch (and even had the pot roast), the place really didn't impress me that much. My only thought is that compared to other TS restaurants in MK, this one is probably the best. Personally, I'd rather just eat at Cosmic Ray's and save some money for TS in another park or at a resort. :shrug:

Upvote 0

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Thanks folks for all the input. I was really wanting to have a character dinner on our first night because I wanted to set the stage for my kids.

Can you all give my any suggestions on where I can eat on the first night that would have characters?

My oldest is such a picky eater (just like me)...I just don't think she would like the food that they serve at Chef Mickey's.

Any suggestions????

Thanks my good people!

--Buzz

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
If you are looking to stay in MK, the only other restaurants that offer Character dining are Crystal Palace and Cinderella's Royal Table. You truly can't go wrong with either, it just depends on the type of food your picky eater is will to try. :D

Upvote 0

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Funny you should say that...I was just looking over the menu for Crystal Palace. It seems it has more to offer that my kiddos would like to eat.

We are going to Crystal Palace for breakfast on our first full morning, so I guess going there back-to-back won't be too bad.

--Buzz

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Funny you should say that...I was just looking over the menu for Crystal Palace. It seems it has more to offer that my kiddos would like to eat.

We are going to Crystal Palace for breakfast on our first full morning, so I guess going there back-to-back won't be too bad.

--Buzz
Though I've only ever had CP for breakfast, if your kids are picky eaters it seems like a sure bet for dinner too! Are your kids Pooh fans? Be sure to let us know what you choose!

Upvote 0

Shimmer73083

Everyone is forgetting to mention the best part about LTT - the desert! We went last year when the characters were still there for dinner and had this yummy apple cobbler with vanilla ice cream. Mmmm!!!! :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom