Liberty Tree Tavern....

Disney Daddy

Just called for an ADR at the Liberty Tree Tavern and was told the dinner is no longer a character dinner. Is this really the case? I hope the CM was mistaken. If not oh well...food is food.

How is this place anyways?

Disneyfanman

Thanks folks for all the input. I was really wanting to have a character dinner on our first night because I wanted to set the stage for my kids.

Can you all give my any suggestions on where I can eat on the first night that would have characters?

My oldest is such a picky eater (just like me)...I just don't think she would like the food that they serve at Chef Mickey's.

Any suggestions????

Thanks my good people!

--Buzz

My kids favorite place to eat on property is Chef Mickeys. We much prefer the dinner menu to breakfast. We have also gone to the Crystal Palace and enjoyed it as well, but Chef Mickeys always seems to be the fav. Another nice thing is that because it's outside the park you can go there on an off day, or hit it conveniently while at the MK. Both have similar menus, and everyone can really find something to eat. Plus the atmosphere at both is really fun (although hectic and LOUD!).

The last time we went we hit Chef Mickeys just before one of the late night parties at the MK, and the timing was just perfect.

I know you didn't ask, but......(All great for families)

Our favorite BUFFET (No Characters) is Bomas. If you are OK scratching the characters then that's the best buffet on property. The food is surprisingly good.

Our favorite themed restaurant is Prime Time Cafe.

Our favorite restaurant in general is currently Yak and Yeti.

And we just had a GREAT experience (which surprised us no end) at T-Rex Cafe. The food just blew away the Rainforest Cafe.

Upvote 0
Hiya!

LTT's food is comparable to frozen dinners you'd by at the grocery store. If my memory serves me right...LLT was sponsored by Stouffer's (makes sense now, right?) The characters in their colonial garb were a huge pull for me...now it seems pretty much pointless to go there.

Don't get me wrong...the food isn't bad...but it's just not worth the price...

Upvote 0

PaintTheSky

Don't get me wrong...the food isn't bad...but it's just not worth the price...

True, but then many things are overpriced at Disney. I remember quite some years back we were staying at Caribbean Beach and the day before Easter, a carton of milk at the resort jumped 25 or 50 cents to take advantage of the larger crowds who they knew would buy the stuff.

Upvote 0

New2WDW

We love the atmosphere and food at LTT. Our first couple of meals there were lunch and my whole family loved it. Then we tried the Dinners the last couple of trips and the food was still good but it did not seem as good as lunch. I do not know if it was because the place was packed for the characters and very busy on the servers/food prep or what. Anyway, now that the characters are moving out I hope the service and food go up.

I would recommend Chef Mickey's for dinner and characters. they have a good bit for the kids as well. The dessert bar is probably one of the best on property.

Upvote 0

DisneyMusician2

Now that LTT isn't character anymore, go for a breakfast. The kids are more awake and the prices are reasonable. Also, the MK character dinners are medicore food at best and Cinderella is WAY overpriced for what it is.

I preferred my meal at LTT to the one at Royal Table.

Upvote 0

tigsmom

To each his own, no? That is the good thing about WDW, so many choices for so many tastes! :lol:

Love LTT for lunch or dinner and even though we will miss the characters (getting tired of the generic costuming) we'll still eat there because it's a nice looking restaurant and the food is good. We have never had a bad meal there or poor service. :king:

Upvote 0

jmani56

The food is great at LTT, I make it a point to eat there on every trip. I have only eaten from the lunch menu, but it's always great (especially the pot roast).

If you like very traditional American food, and a colonial type atmosphere, you will love it.

Upvote 0

Disney Daddy

Original Poster
Well.....

We chose.....

1900 Park Fare.

I know...where did that come from. I totally didn't even know about this place. My oldest daughter is dying to eat with Cinderella, so this was perfect for our first dinner at the world.

When I called my wife and told her about this little gem....she about hit the ceiling. She's excited, I'm excited, my kids are excited...shucks...WE ARE ALL EXCITED.

Do you think I am too excited? LOL!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

--Buzz

Upvote 0
Well.....

We chose.....

1900 Park Fare.

I know...where did that come from. I totally didn't even know about this place. My oldest daughter is dying to eat with Cinderella, so this was perfect for our first dinner at the world.

When I called my wife and told her about this little gem....she about hit the ceiling. She's excited, I'm excited, my kids are excited...shucks...WE ARE ALL EXCITED.

Do you think I am too excited? LOL!!!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

--Buzz

No, you're not too excited! 1900 Park is my favorite character meal...esp. with the Stepsisters...they make it for me. Have fun!

-CB

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom