Liberty Tree Tavern

nankeldisney821

Original Poster
If anyone could help me...please? I was on another site looking at the menu for the Liberty Tree Tavern and it said after Jan.4th there will no longer be the character meal here. I don't care about seeing the characters but wanted to know if the family style meal or even the restaurant itself is still going to be there anymore.

Does anyone know if they are just taking the characters away or the whole place? Thanks!

tigsmom

If anyone could help me...please? I was on another site looking at the menu for the Liberty Tree Tavern and it said after Jan.4th there will no longer be the character meal here. I don't care about seeing the characters but wanted to know if the family style meal or even the restaurant itself is still going to be there anymore.

Does anyone know if they are just taking the characters away or the whole place? Thanks!

The only thing changing is that there will no longer be characters at dinner, everything else will remain the same. We will miss the characters, but will still enjoy the good food and atmosphere. We love to have lunch there as well, they have some great sandwiches. :slurp:

Tinkerbella16

Just the characters will no longer be there. I still cannot believe Disney is taking them away. This is our favorite place to have dinner in the parks, and the characters just made it so much better...the interaction is great, the costumes are my favorite. The characters are big part of why people dine there for dinner...and they didn't even lower the price of the meal.

:cry:

disney9752

I am neutral on the characters going away but not to lower the price, is stupid. especially in these rough times. mayb when the restaurant is half empty enough nights they will lower it.:brick:

disneygirl76

Carey Poppins - Nanny and Disney Enthusiest

It's sad but true - the characters are leaving. :( Butthe restaurant will still be there! I'm desprately trying to call and see if someone canceled their ressie for Thanksgiving Dinner - it's a long shot I know! They were booked when i called at 7:20 am on my 180 day out! ha ha :lol:

LandBoatride

It's sad but true - the characters are leaving. :( Butthe restaurant will still be there! I'm desprately trying to call and see if someone canceled their ressie for Thanksgiving Dinner - it's a long shot I know! They were booked when i called at 7:20 am on my 180 day out! ha ha :lol:

They will be serving the same menu (from the same kitchen) on Thanksgiving next door at the Diamond Horseshoe. I would call and see if they are taking reservations for there (or may just be doing in person reservations at Guest Relationsor at location??? I don't know).

nankeldisney821

Original Poster
Thank you to all of you who answered my question. I am going to WDW next July with my husband and I have seen the characters so many times and have the same pictures year after year. I want to eat here because I never have so I am glad they are still doing the same thing but now without the characters. Thanks again!!

slappy magoo

I couldn't get reservations for 6 when some friends were going to join us at WDW. When the friends told me they had to cancel their reservations, I called and got ADRs for our first night there for just the three of us. Then my sister said she was going the same time and I told her "well, best of luck to ya!" :D Turns out she's arriving a few days later (WHEW!) and while it seems like we're wasting almost an entire day on our MYW pass just to get there for dinner (we won't be going to MK until late afternoon, and it closes early), I'm glad we'll be able to do the character meal one more time (fingers crossed the baby isn't unhappy that night, otherwise three strangers on Standby are going to get very lucky).

ErickainPA

I tried to get a ressie for the 15th of December and no such luck, totally booked. Never ate there and wanted to try it once and to have the characters there for DS and DDs

PrincessK

Hope this helps someone, and I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but when my Mom and I were there earlier this month for the first time, we talked to management about how much we enjoyed the experience and are terribly disappointed to hear the characters were leaving. The gentleman we spoke to was very nice and said the reason for doing it was the lack of table service without characters in the MK. However, he did say the the higher-ups were and are totally blown away by the outrage/feedback regarding this decision. He felt it would be a temporary measure and that after a few months would return to as it was before.

disney9752

Hope this helps someone, and I'm taking it with a grain of salt, but when my Mom and I were there earlier this month for the first time, we talked to management about how much we enjoyed the experience and are terribly disappointed to hear the characters were leaving. The gentleman we spoke to was very nice and said the reason for doing it was the lack of table service without characters in the MK. However, he did say the the higher-ups were and are totally blown away by the outrage/feedback regarding this decision. He felt it would be a temporary measure and that after a few months would return to as it was before.

i have heard many sides of this before. there is a very large lack of table service in the mk area including resorts that DONT have characters all over you while you're eating.

PrincessK

i have heard many sides of this before. there is a very large lack of table service in the mk area including resorts that DONT have characters all over you while you're eating.

And I completely agree with that! My feeling, though, is it's a no win situation. If can take them away @ LTT, there goes the only place to have a meal with the "orginal gang" in the park. But, the only other option would be to take out Pooh and Gang over at the Crystal Palace...

Personally, I'd rather see Cinderella's Royal Table be converted back to just a restaurant for dinner. I truly preferred it that way. But, what can you do? :shrug:

DougK

The only thing changing is that there will no longer be characters at dinner, everything else will remain the same. We will miss the characters, but will still enjoy the good food and atmosphere. We love to have lunch there as well, they have some great sandwiches. :slurp:

I agree but they did get rid of the "Sandwich Heard Round the World" (or something like that!) which was one of the best sandwiches anywhere in WDW. We were VERY disappointed last time we were there because they did not have this anymore. I so wish they would bring it back.

Abbyjoe

This was one of our favorite character meals.

The costumes were super. We are very disappointed. Minnie's dress was my little girls favorite!

Biff215

Now that we're getting closer to the last character meal on January 4th, has there been any confirmation that the dinner menu would stay the same? We have an ADR for mid-January, and I would actually prefer to see them go away from the one-price family style meal. Would this standard menu (and price) make sense without the characters?

We have had lunch at LTT and loved it. I guess this is why I'm hoping for a dinner menu change next week!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom