Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
Well, I would reply, but most of the reasons have already been pointed out. But there is another major operational issue, and that's the technology thing. Those tables are expensive, and since they can't be moved together to make room for larger parties, that complicates things as well. Like everyone said, financially it's doing well, but it is a real Beast (pun intended) to operate.
Meh, table movement isn't their largest concern. Even an 8 top will take two neighboring 4 tops if asked to.

Table placement is a minor thing, and moving tables is something that novice FOH managers feel is a valid move.

The LAST thing you want to do in your restaurant, if it turns serious volume, is move your tables, as it disrupts a variety of things in your system, from waiter assignments to guest traffic flow.

Only lazy FOH managers (or ones who have never done high volume environments) agree to that stuff unless it's designed into the environment. Otherwise, you cut deals with the groups involved.

And that is operational.

tigger1968

Well, I would reply, but most of the reasons have already been pointed out. But there is another major operational issue, and that's the technology thing. Those tables are expensive, and since they can't be moved together to make room for larger parties, that complicates things as well. Like everyone said, financially it's doing well, but it is a real Beast (pun intended) to operate.

I have not eaten there, so imagine my surprise to hear that you can't move the tables?? If that's the case...that's really got to complicate matters.

tigger1968

Meh, table movement isn't their largest concern. Even an 8 top will take two neighboring 4 tops if asked to.

Table placement is a minor thing, and moving tables is something that novice FOH managers feel is a valid move.

The LAST thing you want to do in your restaurant, if it turns serious volume, is move your tables, as it disrupts a variety of things in your system, from waiter assignments to guest traffic flow.

Only lazy FOH managers (or ones who have never done high volume environments) agree to that stuff unless it's designed into the environment. Otherwise, you cut deals with the groups involved.

And that is operational.

I get your point regarding the high volume nature of things there. I was thinking about it from the perspective of how many larger parties they may see who want an 8 top or more. I would imagine that with a capacity of over 500 for lunch it would look like the whole restaurant had been reset before long...lol.

englanddg

One Little Spark...
I get your point regarding the high volume nature of things there. I was thinking about it from the perspective of how many larger parties they may see who want an 8 top or more. I would imagine that with a capacity of over 500 for lunch it would look like the whole restaurant had been reset before long...lol.
Larger parties really are not a major concern.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Larger parties really are not a major concern.

In many cases you cannot book parties of more than 6 at Disney restaurants start checking for availability at 10 people and work your way down, Frequently the only way to deal with large groups at Disney is in the context of a 'Grand Gathering'.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I would as well.

Whomever thought it would be a good idea to transition from a QS to a TS concept during shift change obviously has a few more degrees than they do real restaurant experience.

That being said, it isn't that much different than a restaurant transitioning from a "lunch menu" to a "dinner menu"...the issue is, how the FOH is managed. And that FOH is high volume, pretty much all the time.

Also, I'm not sure how that downtime really gives them much more than prep time and shift change to more experienced line cooks.

The whole thing seems to me to be a F&B nightmare operationally...though, I've not eaten there yet, so I can't rightly say...

I thought your analysis was well thought out.

Does BoG even have line cooks?, I thought pretty much everything was 'rethermalized' (heated in boiling water)

You might have noticed that steaks have disappeared from many of WDW's restaurants - as these need to be cooked fresh.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Except they haven't been removed...

Brown Derby has steak. Mama Melrose, Coral Reef, San Angel Inn, Restaurant Marrakesh, Rose and Crown...want me to keep going?

You can if you want and I did not say ALL I said many, All of those restaurants you list have a unique menu which needs to be cooked fresh.

Example Tony's no longer has steak, Neither did LTT in December and It's been removed from lunch at Olivia's to be replaced with meatloaf/pot roast (both of which are good).

In my December visit I was amazed at how limited the Tony's lunch menu had become.

Last edited:

jakeman

You can if you want and I did not say ALL I said many, All of those restaurants you list have a unique menu which needs to be cooked fresh.

Example Tony's no longer has steak, Neither did LTT in December and It's been removed from lunch at Olivia's to be replaced with meatloaf/pot roast (both of which are good).

In my December visit I was amazed at how limited the Tony's lunch menu had become.
Three doesn't equal many. Especially when you appear to be wrong about Olivia's. They have steak on the menu.

Again, as always, hyperbole is not your friend.

Sage of Time

No need to refresh decor. 1700s is 1700s. I say it's fine. Hope they do not go and ruin this place.

I hope it's just a facility ( restrooms / kitchen repairs / Ada) related work.

Would be nice to see the Horseshoe and Advevtureland Veranda get some action
I'm not saying the theme should be changed, just that some of the furnishings are worn and need to be refreshed. Made new again. Same theme. New stuff.

BrightImagine

Apropos only of the LTT.... Liberty Tree Tavern used to have this menu item called Amber Waves of Grain... vegetables on a bed of bulgur wheat. It was so delicious. Then at some point the Amber Waves of Grain disappeared (I guess when dinner became one menu?), and I stopped eating there. Please, if someone involved with the menu reads this... bring back this item.

Sassagoula-Rvr

I love Liberty Tree...good thing my trip is before that! I'm thinking it's ADA...those bathrooms are kind of a modern nightmare...Good thing the Adventureland one's are just a hop skip and a jump.

But...Get some better Dinner dessert please! Last time I believe it was Craisin something...just do the toffee cake full time!

Cesar R M

all right guys.. never been to the tavern myself but many people have recommended the lobster roll. What other stuff should I try?
and please, if you recommend cosmic rays.. Im going to seriously punch you :joyfull:

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Apropos only of the LTT.... Liberty Tree Tavern used to have this menu item called Amber Waves of Grain... vegetables on a bed of bulgur wheat. It was so delicious. Then at some point the Amber Waves of Grain disappeared (I guess when dinner became one menu?), and I stopped eating there. Please, if someone involved with the menu reads this... bring back this item.

I remember that dish it was very good

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom