Liberty Tree Tavern closing in July for near 5 month refurbishment.

tigger1968

all right guys.. never been to the tavern myself but many people have recommended the lobster roll. What other stuff should I try?
and please, if you recommend cosmic rays.. Im going to seriously punch you :joyfull:

No lobster roll on the menu now...

And for reasons I don't fully understand.... I LOVE Cosmic Rays. I eat there every trip. My trip isn't complete without a meal featuring some weird alien AA singing terrible lounge tunes at me while I eat. So yeah...come at me bro... :)

Last edited:

Cesar R M

:):):):p

No lobster roll on the menu now...

And for reasons I don't fully understand.... I LOVE Cosmic Rays. I eat there every trip. My trip isn't complete without a meal featuring some weird alien AA singing terrible lounge tunes at me while I eat. So yeah...come at me bro... :)
what do you mean no lobster roll? they removed it???? D:
everyone was telling me to get the roll from there!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
all right guys.. never been to the tavern myself but many people have recommended the lobster roll. What other stuff should I try?
and please, if you recommend cosmic rays.. Im going to seriously punch you :joyfull:

Skip the lobster roll unless you are visiting New England, A proper lobster roll has a toasted roll, lobster meat and just enough mayo or dressing to hold the meat together.
201100920-scarborough-lobster-main.jpg

The signature dishes at LTT are the Pot Roast and 'Thanksgiving Dinner' can't go wrong with either.

Kman101

I've never had it, but I do hear decent things about the lobster roll at Columbia Harbour House. It seems to be a decent food location overall. I don't know why I never think to eat there.

Sage of Time

I've had real Lobster Rolls in the NE and Maine, before, and I wasn't overtly offended by WDW's theme park version of it. hahah. It's not authentic, but it's not bad.

The pot pie, on the other hand? Gross. One of the worst meals I've had in WDW. Way too crumbly and doughy. The Chicken was kinda chewy, too. Yuck.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
I've had real Lobster Rolls in the NE and Maine, before, and I wasn't overtly offended by WDW's theme park version of it. hahah. It's not authentic, but it's not bad.

The pot pie, on the other hand? Gross. One of the worst meals I've had in WDW. Way too crumbly and doughy. The Chicken was kinda chewy, too. Yuck.

The WDW version is OK but it has way too much filler (roll/mayo/lettuce), The real deal concentrates on the LOBSTER!!.

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
The lobster roll is okay not bad. Think chicken salad with chunks of lobster instead of chicken. I had it at CHH.

As for Liberty we ate there once in 2005 must have liked it because we went back in 2007 with a group of 10 and hated it. Every thing was very plain and generic and seemed to be reheated not cooked. I think my dad was the only person who liked his food. I haven't been in 7 years so I don't know if it has changed.

wsmith1978

Skip the lobster roll unless you are visiting New England, A proper lobster roll has a toasted roll, lobster meat and just enough mayo or dressing to hold the meat together.
201100920-scarborough-lobster-main.jpg

The signature dishes at LTT are the Pot Roast and 'Thanksgiving Dinner' can't go wrong with either.

OMG that looks sooo good. No doubt, what WDW offers cannot compete with this, but it'll do till I can get to Maine. ;)

Cesar R M

Being a New Englander and you appear to be a Lobster Roll virgin, I don't want your first time ruined by a sub-par lobster experience :rolleyes:

Being Mexican (I think) would you want someone's first Mexican meal to come from Taco Bell :D
auch.. that really hurt my feelings.

Fine.. where I can get a decent lobster roll in Orlando near WDW.
I'm going to a convention so I wont be driving or moving 1+ hours in a bus just to get a roll :p

There is a 'Taste of Maine' restaurant right outside of Bath Iron Works in Woolwich, ME

http://www.tasteofmaine.com
I hope their food is better than that horrible website design (the site looks something you'd see in geocities in the 2000's )

dupac

The first year (2004?) my family went to WDW we ate here. My poor father was expecting authentic colonial tavern food like we had in Colonial Williamsburg. Not sure how he got that idea in his head. Needless to say we never went back as a family and I haven't felt the urge to go separately.

I'll be interested to see how this goes. MK doesn't really need to lose a TS.

Monorail_Red_77

Man do I agree with all of these posts regarding lack of quality dining within WDW's most visited park. I have never been a fan of the selections. We typically leave and go to the monorail resorts for more dining options. At least now BOG was added. Sometimes we also get food cart items and sit in Gaston's Tavern (love that little spot for chilling out).

WDW has to see how successful an upgraded dining option can be that people will actually surrender a coveted fast pass to eat there. They should try to replicate the success of BOG in the unused locations. Not saying that they would see the insane level of success they have witnessed at BOG, but, they can certainly come up with something. I have always felt that Adventureland needs more stuff, whether it be rides, shows, dining, whatever. This could be a great start. You could sit down and enjoy a good meal in the Adventureland Veranda right after purchasing some overpriced sunglasses from Sunglass Hut. :cool:

While we are at it. How about standardized food offerings at the QSR locations. One of the best places to get Chicken Nuggets is Electric Umbrella at EPCOT or even Columbia Harbour House (when it's open), Here they are labeled as Chicken Breast Nuggets, not just chicken nuggets. Don't try to get chicken nuggets at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Café. Makes McDonald's look like Gourmet Food.

My point is you should not have to remember which Quick Service location you got those nuggets at. They all should be the same quality. I could see a difference at Table Service vs Quick Service. But, not Quick Service to Quick Service.

Anyway, enough ranting for now. Back to work.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom