News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

Kman101

Or little kids smoking and parents passed out in strollers from drinking booze they Smuggled In strollers Mmm...

It hasn't been a smoking section in quite a few years at this point (I believe they have two spots that are now mostly out of the way). As a smoker/non-smoker, I never understood why they put them on paths people walk by and they seemed to deliberately put them in poor spots. I always felt it was on purpose so they could cut them, but why put them there to begin with? They used to have several smoking sections that were in poor spots.

Kman101

I bet these pics would excite Steve Davison lol.

I don't get the desire for fountains. I've honestly never stood by the castle and said "the night show is lacking without fountains" ... lol. Very few guests could actually enjoy them and between maintaining them ... it's probably for the best MK doesn't invest in that. For once I agree with them in not pursuing it. I only saw Disney Dreams from Paris on YouTube so I can't speak to what it was like in person, I did enjoy the fountains then. I don't recall Shanghai's but the fountains don't do much for me. There's already enough going on :joyfull: I love a fountain show but jumping water with color and projections doesn't really thrill me. It's nice I guess.

TTA94

I don't get the desire for fountains. I've honestly never stood by the castle and said "the night show is lacking without fountains" ... lol. Very few guests could actually enjoy them and between maintaining them ... it's probably for the best MK doesn't invest in that. For once I agree with them in not pursuing it. I only saw Disney Dreams from Paris on YouTube so I can't speak to what it was like in person, I did enjoy the fountains then. I don't recall Shanghai's but the fountains don't do much for me. There's already enough going on :joyfull: I love a fountain show but jumping water with color and projections doesn't really thrill me. It's nice I guess.

I wouldn’t consider the addition of fountains being a major thing. More of a nice addition bringing the show out into the audience and around them like the perimeter fireworks. Unlike the other castle parks, MK has more water areas around the hub than just the sides of the castle.

Kman101

I wouldn’t consider the addition of fountains being a major thing. More of a nice addition bringing the show out into the audience and around them like the perimeter fireworks. Unlike the other castle parks, MK has more water areas around the hub than just the sides of the castle.

That's true. I guess I just don't care about them or see a need for it. We have fountains and water used in three other shows (of course not the same as by a castle, but still). But I get it's seen by some as a "plussing" ... I just think there's plenty going on and I don't see a need for the fountains, personally. But that's me :) I also certainly wouldn't reject them if they were coming but I think the time and money could be spent elsewhere.

TTA94

They wont be installing fountains anytime soon, maybe for the 50th (if lucky), there is no need for them in MK.

That probably greatly depends on who will be in charge of the 50th show. If it is Steve Davison then the changes of fountains will be higher. Now if the HEA team just adds to HEA or keeps HEA as is with a special ending tag then, likely no fountains or any additional effects.

Fable McCloud

Am I the only one who is slightly sad to see this path widened? I rather liked the quiet, intimate and secret feel to it. It's one of my favorite paths since it's not typically crowded. I don't have a stroller, so maybe I like it being one of the few places I don't run into a thousand of them. I dunno, it just seems like before we know there will in fact be no more water surrounding the castle.

Kman101

Am I the only one who is slightly sad to see this path widened? I rather liked the quiet, intimate and secret feel to it. It's one of my favorite paths since it's not typically crowded. I don't have a stroller, so maybe I like it being one of the few places I don't run into a thousand of them. I dunno, it just seems like before we know there will in fact be no more water surrounding the castle.

I don't believe they're cutting into the amount of water in this spot. Just draining the area to do some work. But I could also be wrong. I liked that path, very much. More so when they had actual trees on the right side (which they removed and replaced with small green plants). It was already sort of ruined for me when they did that. I do think it needs to be widened but I also liked it on the rare opportunity it wasn't packed. The sad reality is, the park is too busy to have small winding paths :( just like I completely understand Disneyland cutting some of their massive planters to free up a few inches of space on the walkway. It's just the reality. They need the room (Tokyo has like double wide paths .... lol which makes a lot of it very concrete heavy and hot it seems)

I also think the seating area as you turn the corner from the bridge to go up the path by Sleepy Hollow is very much in the way (the small area of seats before you go to the left for the main seating area). I wish they'd address that too ... they should replace the few tables with some benches ...

ThistleMae

I don't believe they're cutting into the amount of water in this spot. Just draining the area to do some work. But I could also be wrong. I liked that path, very much. More so when they had actual trees on the right side (which they removed and replaced with small green plants). It was already sort of ruined for me when they did that. I do think it needs to be widened but I also liked it on the rare opportunity it wasn't packed. The sad reality is, the park is too busy to have small winding paths :( just like I completely understand Disneyland cutting some of their massive planters to free up a few inches of space on the walkway. It's just the reality. They need the room (Tokyo has like double wide paths .... lol which makes a lot of it very concrete heavy and hot it seems)

I also think the seating area as you turn the corner from the bridge to go up the path by Sleepy Hollow is very much in the way (the small area of seats before you go to the left for the main seating area). I wish they'd address that too ... they should replace the few tables with some benches ...
I love that little spot with the tables, just so relaxing, especially at night. There is a bottleneck there though, if more people start using this path.

_caleb

I agree. We sat in this area on our last trip, thinking it’d be a great vantage point for the parade. As soon as we heard the first float approaching, the area suddenly became gridlocked with people trying to watch, get food, and cross the parade route.

_caleb

With all the pathway widening to ease traffic jams (MK/Disneyland), I’m a little concerned the parks are going to end up feeling like big, open parking lots. Narrow and winding paths make it more fun to wander and explore, and with the removal of planters and grassy areas, we seem to also be losing shade trees and places to rest.

jbolen2

We used the walkway on tomorrow land side a few times in the last week and it was crowded each time. The walkway by liberty square was closed 2 times when we tried to use it during the day.

Kman101

With all the pathway widening to ease traffic jams (MK/Disneyland), I’m a little concerned the parks are going to end up feeling like big, open parking lots. Narrow and winding paths make it more fun to wander and explore, and with the removal of planters and grassy areas, we seem to also be losing shade trees and places to rest.

Unfortunately, the parks are just too busy. I think one of the thing the MK lacks is off the beaten path areas. Adventureland is just one long stretch with shops and a main walkway. Frontierland is more or less the same. What saves it for me is the walkway along the river and being able to go to Tom Sawyer's Island. Just a minor complaint but something I've noticed. What you see ... is what you get. I'd like to have MORE too, but small winding paths are unfortunately not that realistic anymore.

At least it's not Tokyo with like two massive walkways as one for a large concrete walkway. I know they have to have large pathways but it's jarring to see. It's nowhere near like that here. But I get the concern.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom