News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

ThatMouse

It doesn't look like the path will be that much wider going by how close the DMX lights are and the green boxes are probably where they are moving the lights to. Edit: unless those boxes are there ahead of the cement pour....

GlacierGlacier

The moat is drained ...how very unmagical.
You want to talk about "unmagical?"

DisneyDad79

Why would they start a project like this leading up to one of the busiest times of year at Easter. I am sure this will not be done in 30 days or less. What an unsightly, unmagical experience at the park. I am sure you might read this and say no matter when they do it it would be unsightly etc... but there are low crowd times etc.. Just seems to be horrible timing. Like if they decided to refurbish a water part in August....

Ripken10

Why would they start a project like this leading up to one of the busiest times of year at Easter. I am sure this will not be done in 30 days or less. What an unsightly, unmagical experience at the park. I am sure you might read this and say no matter when they do it it would be unsightly etc... but there are low crowd times etc.. Just seems to be horrible timing. Like if they decided to refurbish a water part in August....
Guessing you are going in the next month or so...

And really, you said it - there really isn't a slow time. They would want to avoid the summer. They would want to avoid Halloween and Christmas Party times (Sept through Jan 1). It's real busy in May, it's real busy Feb 15-24. it's busy during the races. You are always going to run into a time when it is real busy at some point now...

peter11435

Because Easter is less busy than every other period it could have impacted.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
Which is kind of funny because Easter and Spring Break are among the most packed. But they certainly could have picked worse times.

I don't get the panic some are having at this even being done, there are other ways into Fantasyland ... It needed to be widened ...

The path is usually so congested that its absence is a benefit. No more accidentally getting trapped on that path.

Kevin_W

The path is usually so congested that its absence is a benefit. No more accidentally getting trapped on that path.

I've read that a lot, but I've honestly never encountered congestion on that path. I'm probably just lucky. About the only time I've seen many people at all was once when the Tremaines were meeting over there, and they had a line of 3-4 families.

mm121

It shouldn't have much impact on operations.

They could possibly even leave the current path open during most of the construction process and not close it until the new retaining wall has been constructed.

Walt d

The other side is usually closed and when shows are running so is the castle so this is the only way to the back of the castle. My complaint was that this was the designated smoking area. So there were always smokers blocking the walkway with their kids in strollers.
Or little kids smoking and parents passed out in strollers from drinking booze they Smuggled In strollers Mmm...

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've read that a lot, but I've honestly never encountered congestion on that path. I'm probably just lucky. About the only time I've seen many people at all was once when the Tremaines were meeting over there, and they had a line of 3-4 families.

I'm beginning to suspect you may be part of the problem. Do you often find that the path in front of you is always clear but there are tons of people behind you?

;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom