News Liberty Square to Fantasyland walkway to be widened behind Cinderella Castle

jaklgreen

I work for a hospital and when we get groups of medical students, they walk just like they do in school, taking up the entire hallway and looking at their phones. I love seeing their faces when I walk straight into them and they think im rude for running into them braced. I pretty much do the same thing at disney. I dont move for non-attentive people.

I have come to the point where I just can't twist out of people's way anymore. I have strained my back and my knee trying to avoid a collision with a clueless person. I am 5'5" medium build woman and now I just brace and bang into some people instead of hurting myself. If I am gonna get hurt, so are they. I don't do this to children, elderly, pregnant, etc. Just these able bodied people who just don't give a crap.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I have come to the point where I just can't twist out of people's way anymore. I have strained my back and my knee trying to avoid a collision with a clueless person. I am 5'5" medium build woman and now I just brace and bang into some people instead of hurting myself. If I am gonna get hurt, so are they. I don't do this to children, elderly, pregnant, etc. Just these able bodied people who just don't give a crap.

The children can take it. They bump into stuff all the time. It's a life lesson.

eddie104

I think in your last paragraph you mean if you had magic powers. The crystal ball says it's not happening.

Just think how good it would be for guest satisfaction if they built an even bigger castle in the middle of the Magic Kingdom -- the one they have now is in the way, so it would have to be moved to access the land, but think how GREAT it would be!

Fun ideas, seriously, I'd love to see more dark rides in Fantasyland -- but Disney's not even talking about moving Small World to Epcot.
I don't why certain people are so obsessed with moving rides to different parks like it might sound like a nice idea in theory but doesn't really make any sense.

Thebolt

it would be less expensive on Disney to just restrict access on certain pathways. Tell people with strollers to go around because they take up too much space in the parks. Seriously guys, your strollers are insane.

or just put some posts at either end to stop "large vehicles" entering. Even better, just put posts at one end, and some benches so people could watch the confused faces of RV buggy drivers as they wonder what to do ;-)

Kingoglow

I personally like to remind people in the parks, that this is America and here, we walk on the right-hand side of the road. If they are walking against the flow of traffic, I tell them to move.

I also like to remind families that they should not walk four people abreast side-by-side (so crazy!). At minimum, they should be walking 2x2 but preferably, single file.

Everyone is so inconsiderate these days. It's like we forgot all sense of order in society.

jt04

Yeah, if people don't want to touch IaSW, well, we can always remove Rivers of America and get not only access to that back quadrant, but all of the land RoA occupies!

So be it! The people have spoken!

I could see them shortening the river to gain land further back but no way they remove it. The foliage has become to perfect to remove. The setting is better than DL now.

And yes, I do know you were joking.

EPICOT

Yeah, if people don't want to touch IaSW, well, we can always remove Rivers of America and get not only access to that back quadrant, but all of the land RoA occupies!

So be it! The people have spoken!

I want HM to move to Fantasyland because that how it is in Tokyo DL, and I want IASW to move to Liberty Square because America is made of people from all nations.

lawdogNOLA

This is a good move, and one that's long overdue. As to banning strollers, you'd need to permanently station cast members at both ends. There are plenty of times when there's hardly anyone of this walkway, which would infuriate those with strollers. Of course many times this walkway can get packed. Further, not every stroller, or the majority of strollers or scooters are bad citizens. This is a better solution, one that's decades overdue.

lawdogNOLA

The solution is to remove IASW for expansion. MK has the worst of the IASWs anyway.. Open up that space to expand that area then move it to Epcot and bring it up to snuff.

Why think small? Tear down everything from Haunted Mansion to Under the Sea, and push it back to the railroad tracks...or even Floridian Way. Build everything bigger, better with improved passage for everyone that way. Which, of course, isn't happening anytime in the next 25 years (but maybe by the 100th anniversary, this might a possibility).

Or if IASW is not to your liking, close for an expansion there, expanding back into that area, with restaging of the back area. Or, put in an entrance at the end of MK Drive to access the back area for new attractions. I don't see any of this happening for at least a quarter century. One can look at maps and sat photos and realize they could take the park all the way out to Floridian Way all along the park. Looking at a map is easy. Getting the tens of billions to do it, is a different story. Plus, how much more would this take up out of people's vacation stay? And if they add more to the MK, what happens with the other parks? Wouldn't they have to expand as well?

IASW works very well in Fantasy Land. I don't see any way it gets moved, or removed to access the land behind it, and I don't see that land coming into park use for decades yet to come, if then.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Probably a good idea... but it's the 2nd Walkway that has the larger problem.

This would be the "Fountain Walkway", constantly blocked on the Tomorrow land side, by the Queue for the current "meet & great".

mm121

The pads that exist are enough to fit a ride, but not enough to open up more land and breathing room. Thus, those pads, if used, would only make crowding worse. While the land north of HM isn't on schedule for ride development, it could always change. And it would open up acres for walk-around room.

Also, any attraction, given enough time, will need a big enough refurbishment that Disney has to decide: Spend millions to update, or, create a new ride. SE got the complete refurb decision. GMR and I:RoE got the demolish and create something new decision. That time is coming for IaSW and the armchair imagineering to give it a complete update in a new place that makes more sense isn't that crazy.
What's I:RoE?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom