News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

Captain Barbossa

I think so because when they used to have two riverboats on not so busy days they would park one of them next to BTMRR in front of the bridge. it might go all the way to SSL where they hen tow it to drydock
Here's a picture of the Liberty Belle docked in the canal just past the bridge

Screenshot_2018-01-02-21-53-47_kindlephoto-68105360.png

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973
Thread bump.....any idea how LB's boiler rehab/replacement is going? July 19th is just three weeks away and I'm wondering if she'll be back according to the schedule.

Disone

Thread bump.....any idea how LB's boiler rehab/replacement is going? July 19th is just three weeks away and I'm wondering if she'll be back according to the schedule.
according to the schedule? LB isn't schedule to be out. Her boiler had an unanticipated event that mandated she be removed from service and repairs. They have stop work on Roy to focus on her, but as this was all unscheduled to begin with, I don't think they have set a return time yet. Its been a week since I have checked up on the WDWRR, but I assume they are still down to single train operation with Roger.

Just curious... whats up on July 19th?

Captain Barbossa

according to the schedule? LB isn't schedule to be out. Her boiler had an unanticipated event that mandated she be removed from service and repairs. They have stop work on Roy to focus on her, but as this was all unscheduled to begin with, I don't think they have set a return time yet. Its been a week since I have checked up on the WDWRR, but I assume they are still down to single train operation with Roger.

He means the Liberty Belle, not Lilly Belle.

steve2wdw

WDW Fan Since 1973

LB was referring to the Liberty Belle (this is a riverboat thread)....didn't realize that Lilly had an issue. The 19th was the scheduled return to service for the riverboat.

tirian

The riverboat and HM aren’t going anywhere. The MK was never seriously planned to get an expansion above FrL; those rumors surrounded DL, and it’s exactly where SWGE is going. A few years ago, there were a few loose rumors swirling around the MK to locate and plug WDI leaks.

EricsBiscuit

I was looking out the window from my room at the contemporary and I saw the Lilly Belle:
IMG_5806.JPG
IMG_5808.JPG

MerlinTheGoat

The riverboat and HM aren’t going anywhere. The MK was never seriously planned to get an expansion above FrL; those rumors surrounded DL, and it’s exactly where SWGE is going. A few years ago, there were a few loose rumors swirling around the MK to locate and plug WDI leaks.
Interesting. A few years ago we had numerous people claiming there WERE legit plans to either expand or restructure Frontierland. Or at the VERY least permanently dock the Riverboat (possibly to turn it into a new restaurant or something). I recall marni1971 insisting that they've been looking for an excuse to perma dock the Riverboat for a long time now. Though I guess they wouldn't need an expansion plan to do that if they wanted.

Last time the rumor got major traction was about 3 years ago. It was @whylightbulb that initially brought it up 2012, and then again in 2015 saying it was finally about to be approved. This was followed up with confirmation from other people like articos, marni1971, MansionButler84, Lee, etc at least saying the project was real.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom