News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

ppete1975

I could see them eventually filling in part of the river and eliminating tom sawyer island. But I think it would just sit there and not be used for anything new for a long time. Quick question isn't tom sawyer island non apa compliant and only allowed to be (in its current state) there because its grandfathered in? If I'm wrong please let me know.

DisAl

Since it is scheduled to be out of service until mid July it looks like we will "miss the boat" for our trip in June. :(
The Liberty Belle with its authentic (even though it is a reproduction) steam engine and the authentic steam locomotives on the WDWRR are part of what makes Disney World different from just another theme park. I thoroughly enjoy getting to experience a little bit of history with the river boat and the steam trains. If you make the effort to learn it there is a lot of "hidden history" in the Liberty Square and Frontier Land part of the Magic Kingdom.

EricsBiscuit

I thought that there may have been some pictures from TSI or around Big Thunder
True
Since it is scheduled to be out of service until mid July it looks like we will "miss the boat" for our trip in June. :(
The Liberty Belle with its authentic (even though it is a reproduction) steam engine and the authentic steam locomotives on the WDWRR are part of what makes Disney World different from just another theme park. I thoroughly enjoy getting to experience a little bit of history with the river boat and the steam trains. If you make the effort to learn it there is a lot of "hidden history" in the Liberty Square and Frontier Land part of the Magic Kingdom.
Well she does really need it. And yes that's what makes the RoA my favorite part of that park. HoP, the plaque on the bridge to LS, the bell cast from the same mold as OG Liberty Bell and its plaques, the Liberty Tree with its plaque, Liberty Tree Tavern decor etc. there is just so much history! I love it

DisAl

One of the bits of hidden history is what the different color in the middle of the street represents.
I'm just happy that they only chose to represent and not replicate so we don't have to experience the original smells of Frontier Land. ;)

DisAl

Does anyone know if there is a switch in the track at the bridge?
If by a switch you mean a way to switch to another track, no. The only switch is just before you get to Fantasy Land Station to allow the trains to be backed up to the maintenance shops. The spur to the shops is the only track that branches off the main line loop around the MK.
In the Google Earth photo below you can see the pivot point on the north side of the canal.
Bridge.jpg

JoeCamel

If by a switch you mean a way to switch to another track, no. The only switch is just before you get to Fantasy Land Station to allow the trains to be backed up to the maintenance shops. The spur to the shops is the only track that branches off the main line loop around the MK.
In the Google Earth photo below you can see the pivot point on the north side of the canal.
View attachment 254089
The other poster was asking about a switch in the boat track I believe. To my knowledge there is only the one track but its been years since the river was drained to show the track and I don't think there is any track down the service canal.

Captain Barbossa

View attachment 254089
I'm talking about the track that the Liberty Belle is on.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom