News Liberty Square Riverboat closing for long refurb

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
It's a much more involved and invasive process than you would think. It wasn't exactly designed to be easily removed and installed.
They do and it's because it's complicated. They're also probably draining the RoA. Furthermore, they have to slide out the stairs and clear the way to remove the boiler. It's very difficult.

Well, here's hoping they're more careful than they were with the Admiral Joe Fowler...

Lord Pheonix

usually it a very rare thing with companies like disney, (or any railraod like the PRR or UP back in the day)due to efficent scheduling and whatnot, but it is feasable for all 4 (or 5) or the steam locos to be forced out of service, effictivly shutting down the RR, for this exact reason. wasnt there a rumor i saw here a while back that allall but 1 of the locomotives were going to be out of service? i remember thinking this exact thing. id be willing to bet that when DL closed theirs for the roa/star wars land stuff for that year, they took the time and did theirs during the downtime. it would be the prudent course to save time later.

DisneyMann

Ugh......my best friend and I were going to attempt the 47 challenge during the first week in June......bummer.

Glad the boat will get the update though.

EricsBiscuit

usually it a very rare thing with companies like disney, (or any railraod like the PRR or UP back in the day)due to efficent scheduling and whatnot, but it is feasable for all 4 (or 5) or the steam locos to be forced out of service, effictivly shutting down the RR, for this exact reason. wasnt there a rumor i saw here a while back that allall but 1 of the locomotives were going to be out of service? i remember thinking this exact thing. id be willing to bet that when DL closed theirs for the roa/star wars land stuff for that year, they took the time and did theirs during the downtime. it would be the prudent course to save time later.
No quite the opposite. The Lilly Belle was down for a 6 ~ year refurb to get a new boiler. Now the Walter E. Disney is in strasburg getting upgrades. So, Disney is actually doubling down on steam and spending millions on the locos in the process while releasing cool t shirts!

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Please, for the love of all things good in the world, put a rest to it. Sometimes a refurb is just that, a refurb. Not some evil scheme of The Company.

Its all about MARGIN, Turning the Liberty Belle into 'Tiana's Riverboat Restaurant' or some other static attraction would save millions in operating expenses and generate positive cash flow from assets which for the most part are fully depreciated.

Stop thinking about WDW in terms of guest satisfaction and think of what generates the most cash per square foot.

Attractions COST Money, Shops and restaurants MAKE money.

You don't think that the 33% reduction in operating hours for the party on the 'Liberty Belle was anything other than a test on converting it to a restaurant do you ??? If the guests screamed for the ride well that was one thing if they lined up for the party well the end result was predestined.

Like everything else at WDW these days it's all about the Benjamins, it USED to be different when concern for a good experience was understood to provide a long term flow of Benjamins now its all about the short term profit opportunities.

mikejs78

Premium Member
Its all about MARGIN, Turning the Liberty Belle into 'Tiana's Riverboat Restaurant' or some other static attraction would save millions in operating expenses and generate positive cash flow from assets which for the most part are fully depreciated.

Stop thinking about WDW in terms of guest satisfaction and think of what generates the most cash per square foot.

Attractions COST Money, Shops and restaurants MAKE money.

You don't think that the 33% reduction in operating hours for the party on the 'Liberty Belle was anything other than a test on converting it to a restaurant do you ??? If the guests screamed for the ride well that was one thing if they lined up for the party well the end result was predestined.

Like everything else at WDW these days it's all about the Benjamins, it USED to be different when concern for a good experience was understood to provide a long term flow of Benjamins now its all about the short term profit opportunities.

Then why do they keep adding attractions if they're just cost centers?

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
Then why do they keep adding attractions if they're just cost centers?
72084548756ed36e8d72e482e46c91f0--art-gallery-trust-me.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom