Liberty Square River Boat Refurb

pcf1385

Original Poster
Hay, I don't usually post here, but I couldn't find this info posted anywhere else, so I'm just wondering if anyone has checked the disney world website to and seen that the the refurb date for the river boat has been lengthened to the end of june. I don't know if this is a typo on disneys part, or if this new schedule is actually the case. If anyone has any info on this, along with any infor regarding what exactly they are doing, (if anything besides matinence) please post. Thanks.

Main Street Jim

That's the new target date. There's more to this "refurb" than just repainting. From what I understand, there is/was extensive under-hull repair work to be done.

brertigger

I think that it certainly needs to return.
It adds character to Tom Sawyer Island area.
It also provides a very relaxing boat ride around the lake with great views.
It is so peaceful, especially when you get around the bend where all you can see is trees on both sides.

Enderikari

Mecha Figment said:
Honestly though.. do we really need to bring it back. it was really boring.

Yes... because not all rides at Walt Disney World have to be thrilling... I prefer the ones that are a good show.

disneydata

It will be going to dry dock VERY soon. There is plenty of work that needs to be done before she gets back in the water.

This will be followed by the putrid smell of a river that hasn't been drained in 10 years. Get ready Magic Kingdom for a smell you won't forget!

DiPSU224

This is one attraction I always passed by, but looking a bit into it, I was looking forward to riding it for the first time on our next trip in May. How long is the actual ride, and where exactly does it go? Maybe I'll get lucky and it'll open before we leave on June 1.

Main Street Jim

The Liberty Belle Riverboat travels around the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island. It departs from Liberty Square (right across from the Hall of Presidents) every half-hour, and the trip lasts about 15-20 minutes.

And, Mecha-Figment (cool avatar, BTW ;)), not every ride has to be a "thrill" attraction. Do you say the same thing about TTA...Speedway...Pooh...Mansion...Impressions de France...American Adventure...Voyage of the Little Mermaid...One Man's Dream...Festival of the Lion King...Triceratop Spin...?? A good mix of *entertaining* attractions (whether they're thrill rides or not) is what ups the SHOW that we put on for our guests here.

mikeymouse

disneydata said:
This will be followed by the putrid smell of a river that hasn't been drained in 10 years. Get ready Magic Kingdom for a smell you won't forget!

Shoulda drained it while it was out since fall '05.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
The bottom of the river is concrete, yet the river is connected via canal to the Seven Seas Lagoon. So, how would they drain the River ?:confused:

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
Main Street Jim said:
The Liberty Belle Riverboat travels around the Rivers of America and Tom Sawyer Island. It departs from Liberty Square (right across from the Hall of Presidents) every half-hour, and the trip lasts about 15-20 minutes.

And, Mecha-Figment (cool avatar, BTW ;)), not every ride has to be a "thrill" attraction. Do you say the same thing about TTA...Speedway...Pooh...Mansion...Impressions de France...American Adventure...Voyage of the Little Mermaid...One Man's Dream...Festival of the Lion King...Triceratop Spin...?? A good mix of *entertaining* attractions (whether they're thrill rides or not) is what ups the SHOW that we put on for our guests here.
Well stated. In fact, we just got back from ten days this past Thursday, and the majority of the time we spent watching the street performers and taking in some the offerings of PI. Very relaxing and we had a blast.

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
unkadug said:
The bottom of the river is concrete, yet the river is connected via canal to the Seven Seas Lagoon. So, how would they drain the River ?:confused:
I would imagine there is a wall that can be put in place and sealed. The problem is where to they put Nessie while they drain it :veryconfu :lookaroun

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
hakunamatata said:
I would imagine there is a wall that can be put in place and sealed. The problem is where to they put Nessie while they drain it :veryconfu :lookaroun
Animal Kingdom ! In Beastlie Kingdom !:lol:

Stellajack

RE: Liberty Square Riverboat

Mecha Figment said:
true ... but i don't expect tom sawyer to last another 10 years.

Yeah, that's probably true. . . just like Homer's Iliad and Odessey, or Huckleberry Finn, or Treasure Island, or Pride and Prejudice... all gone?:confused:

There are lots of folks visiting WDW who really enjoy traveling back to Mark Twain's time (myself included) even if it is only make believe.:sohappy: I also love Splash, BTM, ToT, RnRC, etc. Would really hate to see the riverboat in permanent drydock.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
hakunamatata said:

I thought Nessie went backstage at IASW?

Behind BTM are 2 sets of lock gates with the vehicle bridge inbetween. This can seal off the Rivers from Seven Seas / EWP storage canal. I`d imagine this is also where the underwater guide rails finish.

stu1901

how do they take the boat out of a river which is sealed on both sides?!

(i have never been on it do i dont know if it has a river bank on both sides)

Hakunamatata

Le Meh
Premium Member
stu1901 said:
how do they take the boat out of a river which is sealed on both sides?!

(i have never been on it do i dont know if it has a river bank on both sides)
There is a canal between Frontierland and Mickeys Toon Town that the boat has been moored in. I wish I had taken a pic of it last week. You can see it from the RailRoad.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom