Liberty Belle decorated for Tiana’s Showboat Jubilee

nor'easter

I liked Atlantis a lot. They definitely achieved what they set out to do and make a good animated action movie. Plus the Mike Mignola inspired visuals were great. Only thing it needed was a little less rushing to the city,at least keeping one of the monster encounters they cut out, like the Squid Bats or Lava Whales, moreso the Lava Whales.
Yeah, whatever. But I doubt that squid bats, lava whales, or the blue fairy would have saved this tuna turkey.

FigmentJedi

Yeah, whatever. But I doubt that squid bats, lava whales, or the blue fairy would have saved this tuna turkey.

your_opinion.jpg

DisneyDellsDude

At this point, I like this one.

It's simple, it seems tasteful (so far) and it has a drop dead date that is realistic (Jan 3)

As long as it does not become another Wand-O-EPCOT then I am OK with it.

Yes, it is a bit of a stretch - New Orleans is not quite Liberty Square, but the LIberty Belle IS a stern wheeler, and at this point it just looks like bunting, which if you squint a bit, does not look out of place.

It's not as if they repainted the castle to look like a giant king cake and are throwing beads from the roof.

-dave
I agree.
Even though I am usually way against character overlays, as long as this isn't "over the top," it looks like it will be something nice for the time being.

valorus

Seriously...Do we really need another Disney Princess anyway? I think we are due for something cool for the boys.

Disney may heavily promote its princesses, but the last Disney Princess in the theaters was Mulan in 1998. Since then all the lead characters have been male, except for Home on the Range, which I doubt anyone considers a Disney Princess movie.

EPCOT Explorer

The fast-paced song in the trailer references "It's not what you look like"; I hope this movie isn't another Believe-in-Yourself-It's-What's-Inside-That-Counts-Look-Inside-Yourself-Find-Who-You-Are piece of crap from the 1990s. Such pseudo-moralizing is insulting.

Other than that, it looks good! :lol: I can't wait to see the movie—it'll be great to see hand-drawn animation on the big screen again. I actually teared up when the first PATF trailer included clips of Aladdin, BATB, and TLK.
:lol:

And yes, I was very happy to see some Disney Renn. films in there. :D

Seriously, am I seeing right - is this traditional (as close as it can get in 2009) animation? Looks good.
Incredible, huh?:D
Fail boat then?

Literally. :lol::lookaroun
:ROFLOL::sohappy:

captain marvel1

maybe tom sawer i think thats how you say it im relying on my spell checker. possibly the america british thing. the america river canoes and the yellow submarines. the fantasmic show and jungle cruise i think i nailed all of them.

urbanvegan

I never said we needed another Stitch. Just saying that it would be cool for something original that was geared toward the boys.

Well, I mean, just in the past 10 years for boys we have had:
Tarzan (1999)
Dinosaur (2000)
The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
Treasure Planet (2002)
Brother Bear
(2003)
Chicken Little (2005)
Meet the Robinsons (2007)
Bolt (2008)

LOL, only all 10 Pixar films...

:ROFLOL:

If anything, movie wise, the girl-centric movies have been almost ignored. I think the new film looks fantastic, and I am looking forward to seeing it.

SirGoofy

Well, I mean, just in the past 10 years for boys we have had:
Tarzan (1999)
Dinosaur (2000)
The Emperor's New Groove (2000)
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (2001)
Treasure Planet (2002)
Brother Bear
(2003)
Chicken Little (2005)
Meet the Robinsons (2007)
Bolt (2008)

Okay then, something good for boys.:lol:

LOL, only all 10 Pixar films...

I wouldn't call the Pixar fills boy centric at all, other than Up.

urbanvegan

I wouldn't call the Pixar fills boy centric at all, other than Up.

I don't think they are exclusively for boys at all, but all of the main characters (with the only real exception being Jesse in Toy Story 2 {and she is more of a tomboy}) are male. And I suppose the Incredibles break this a bit as well. I'm not saying this is a negative - they are great films - but just to illustrate that they haven't been cranking out lots of animated female characters of late. Hannah Montana has been filling in these blanks.

It's one of the few Pixar criticisms that come up often in the media, and many articles have been written about the gender disparity.

SirGoofy

I don't think they are exclusively for boys at all, but all of the main characters (with the only real exception being Jesse in Toy Story 2 {and she is more of a tomboy}) are male. And I suppose the Incredibles break this a bit as well. I'm not saying this is a negative - they are great films - but just to illustrate that they haven't been cranking out lots of animated female characters of late. Hannah Montana has been filling in these blanks.

It's one of the few Pixar criticisms that come up often in the media, and many articles have been written about the gender disparity.

Uhhh...

Finding Nemo: Dory
WALL-E: EVE
Ratatouille: The main female chef(I forget her name, only saw the movie once)
Monsters INC: Boo
Cars: Sally

I mean, all these are either the second or third most important character in the movies.:shrug:

urbanvegan

Uhhh...

I mean, all these are either the second or third most important character in the movies.:shrug:

In terms of main characters who are the heroic centers of the films. I agree with much of the criticism. (And EVE is a robot, so not female - any more than Wall•E is male.)

As I said, there are many articles on the issue if you search, here's one.

They are fantastic films, but the criticism is warranted, in my opinion.

SWatsi

Uhhh...

Collette. A very strong female role model. :)

But they are mostly secondary characters. Dory is exception as she is in the majority of the film.

Also Elasti-girl and Violet in Incredibles

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom